Antonio Conte - Xtratime Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 08:07 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Could be announced today but definitely some time this week.

A manager that has ALWAYS delivered, regardless of the players at his disposal.

Godin and Dzeko are already done deals. They add experience, depth and quality.

The biggest question I have for Conte's Inter is whether 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 is best. Very hard to predict, but the transfer campaign will be a clear indicator. If the club pursues wingers like Chiesa, Bergwijn and Pepe, then we can safely say it will be Conte's Chelsea formation..

If Inter go for Lukaku to add to Lautaro and Dzeko, then it will surely be a front 2.

Anyway Forza Inter, Forza Antonio.

Let's see If he can transform the Anti-Atalanta into the Anti-Juve
stefan9 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 10:47
Legend

I'll get this off my chest before it's official.

I'll support this gobbo di merda while he's on our bench, then it will be like always and wish the worst on his managerial career.
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 20:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Hopefully he's a new Trapattoni. Trapattoni won with juve and afterwards ended the Scudetto drought of Inter (won the league in 89, which was the first Inter Scudetto since 79-80)

As for Conte's juve past - back in 12-13 in a press conference before (or was it after?) an Inter-juve match when asked if he would coach Inter he replied that he is a professional.

Anyhow Lippi, Capello, Trap, Allegri, Zeman, Eriksson, Zaccheroni, Ranieri etc.. have all coached Italian rival clubs so the case of Conte to Inter is nothing new.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 07:50 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
Hopefully he's a new Trapattoni. Trapattoni won with juve and afterwards ended the Scudetto drought of Inter (won the league in 89, which was the first Inter Scudetto since 79-80)

As for Conte's juve past - back in 12-13 in a press conference before (or was it after?) an Inter-juve match when asked if he would coach Inter he replied that he is a professional.

Anyhow Lippi, Capello, Trap, Allegri, Zeman, Eriksson, Zaccheroni, Ranieri etc.. have all coached Italian rival clubs so the case of Conte to Inter is nothing new.
He has my full backing.

Players like Pirlo (and even Steven Gerard) call him a "genius".

Serie A is super incestuous and always will be. Coaches like Allegri, Trappatoni, Capello, Ancelotti and legendary players like Vieri, Inzaghi, Pirlo just prove that it is part of the game and the league.

Conte is Juve through and through but he is a pro and give his all to the cause.... at least until Suning/Marotta deny him his transfer requests and he quits acrimoniously... haha

But until then... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(enjoy the ride)

Quote:

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 07:54 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

BTW I think Conte should sign Dzeko (seemingly done) and either Lukaku or (preferably) Jovic and play 3-5-2 like at Juve.

Central midfield of Brozo + Barella + someone who can actually pass a football (i.e. Rakitic)

New right wingback and proper competition for Asamoah

and then the strongest 3-man central defense in Serie A and possibly Europe

--------------Jovic/Lukaku/Dzeko------------Lautaro----------------------

--------------Barella--------Brozovic--------Rakitic-----------------

Asamoah--------------------------------------------------Moses/Danilo

-----------------Skriniar--------Godin-----De Vrij-----------------------

------------------------------Handa----------------------------------------

Quote:

Last edited by red; May 28th, 2019 at 08:04.
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 08:34
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
and then the strongest 3-man central defense in Serie A and possibly Europe
Have to give props to the the defence (incl. Samir, obviously) this season. We are 2nd in the league for fewest goals conceded (behind Juve) and 1st in the league for clean sheets. In the CL, Samir had the best ratio for saves to goals conceded. Skriniar and de Vrij have been excellent overall. The main concern for fans would be age (for Samir and more so for Godin as an outfield player).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 08:46 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
Have to give props to the the defence (incl. Samir, obviously) this season. We are 2nd in the league for fewest goals conceded (behind Juve) and 1st in the league for clean sheets. In the CL, Samir had the best ratio for saves to goals conceded. Skriniar and de Vrij have been excellent overall. The main concern for fans would be age (for Samir and more so for Godin as an outfield player).
And if it hadn't been for the sh*t show at Napoli we would have had a better defensive record than Juve
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 09:11 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Conte is due to arrive at Pinetina on Thursday according to GDS

Quote:

post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 22:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Report: Conte has signed for Inter
Football Italia

Antonio Conte has reportedly already signed as Inter Coach to 2022 and will change the entire staff, except the goalkeeping coach.

The Nerazzurri have not even tried to deny the agreement with Conte over the last few days and it would’ve been announced today.

However, it was postponed to Thursday or Friday as a sign of respect after current Coach Luciano Spalletti’s brother passed away this morning.

Spalletti will receive a golden handshake deal to release him from his commitments to Inter.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Conte signed the three-year contract this evening along with his staff, made up of brother Gianluca Conte, Cristian Stellini, Julio Tous and Paolo Vanoli.

The only member of the Inter training regime that will remain is goalkeeping coach Adriano Bonaiuti, as requested by captain Samir Handanovic.

Conte’s salary is reported to be worth around €12m per year.

Quote:
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 22:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
And if it hadn't been for the sh*t show at Napoli we would have had a better defensive record than Juve
Had Inter finished as the team with the least amount of goals conceded it still wouldn't have meant much simply because juve conceded 6-7 goals in meaningless matches after already winning the league.

P.S. can someone check the Empoli thread, last posts aren't showing.

Quote:

post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 22:24 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

P.S. can someone check the Empoli thread, last posts aren't showing.
Firdy's post from 2 days ago is the last one I can see
post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 22:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I posted but I guess the thread being 15 years old couldn't handle all the recent posts

Quote:

post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 00:08 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

LOL Nax has posted there now but I still can't see beyond Fird-burglar's post
post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 00:18
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
It was working weird during the game too. When I clicked on the thing to take me to the last post it took me like a few pages before that.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 03:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Speaking of which..

Quote:

post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 04:21
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
I wish you guys crash and burn and have to fire Conte by January and have to pay both Conte and Spalletti for a combined 16M, but we very well know that ain't happening. Next year you'll have the best defense. If Juve takes a couple of months to learn Sarriball there's your chance. They will always have JAR(Juve Assisted Refs) though.
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2019, 01:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

We led over juve at the start of 15-16 and 17-18. What matters is continuity. Conte-nuity.

Quote:

post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2019, 06:04
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
We led over juve at the start of 15-16 and 17-18. What matters is continuity. Conte-nuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2019, 08:58 Thread Starter
red
Forum Manager
Legend

If Sarri takes over at Juve then there is at least some chance.... however small.

Although Napoli may be the 1st team to take full advantage of a Juve transition period.

That said, every one said the same thing when Allegri joined Juve. They still have a squad that is 200% better than every other one in Italy.

Quote:

post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 08:31
International

Teams: Inter
Its official.

Quote:
MILAN - It's his gestures, the looks he gives, the details he goes into that define Antonio Conte. Ever since he was a child, his life has been dedicated to football. His passion and love for football meant it became an objective to pursue, and this resulted in him becoming a footballer. He sees football as the best way to express himself, to leave a mark, whether on the pitch or on the bench.

Determined and ambitious, Antonio Conte is now beginning his inter adventure. Right here before us, we have two entities with the same objective and outlook - that is to win. Head, heart and legs are the three words which sum up Conte's career.

Head: He always had clear ideas when he played out on the pitch as a midfielder. His coaches were certain that he'd continue his career in the dugout.

Heart: This is something he has constantly shown on every adventure he's been on: he's always ensured that his teammates and players have felt the necessary sense of belonging to achieve the most important objectives.

Legs: Hard work is something he has always been known for. Training sessions and matches are to be experienced to the full.

Hard work and sweat, unity of purpose and identity. Something which Italy's National Team displayed in the 2016 European Championship. Conte's Italy, who were knocked out on penalties by Germany, thrilled and brought an entire nation together. He's also left his mark abroad: he won the Premier League during his first season in England.

Now, Antonio Conte's challenge is the same as the entire Nerazzurri world: to continue moving forward and to bring Inter back to the apex of European football.

"I'm sure that Antonio Conte is one of the best coaches out there," said Inter President Steven Zhang. "I'm certain that he'll help us achieve our objective and fulfil our mission, one which has always remained the same: to make this club one of the best in the world again."

"A new chapter in my life is beginning, I'm really excited," commented Antonio Conte, Inter's new Coach. "Through my work, I'll try to repay all of the trust that the President and directors have placed in me. I have chosen Inter because of the Club it is, because of the project's sound basis and how ambitious it is. Because of Inter's history. I was struck by the Club's transparency and the desire to bring Inter back to where it belongs."

#WelcomeAntonio!
https://www.inter.it/en/news/67905/a...be-inter-s-new

Forza Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in