Monday, 9pm CET ~ Serie A Week 36 ~ Inter Milan vs Chievo Verona - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2019, 21:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
His 7th against Chievo, iinm

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 13th, 2019, 21:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Almost 3

Gagliardini

Well saved

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 21:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Better second half

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
 
Old May 13th, 2019, 21:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
2-0 it ends

Important 3 points

Deserved win. Could have scored 5-6.

Chievo 0 shots on target

Another clean sheet for the best GK in Serie A.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 22:06
Verified socialist
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Nacka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Teams: FC Internazionale
Posts: 22,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
Chievo 0 shots on target

Another clean sheet for the best GK in Serie A.
Truly an amazing performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Nacka is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 22:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
For tonight Samir wasn't tested, but considering he has the highest number of clean sheets as a GK in Serie A this season I reckon he deserves some credit in general - unless you believe that in all of his other clean sheets the opponents had no shots..

Anyhow, must thank Asamoah for bailing the best CB in the world tonight. Some random Chievo player destroyed him, was embarrassing to see. Grazie Kwadwo.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 22:24
Verified socialist
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Nacka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Teams: FC Internazionale
Posts: 22,247
It's okay, I just thought that those two statements in succession were a bit amusing.

But I do think that I'm beginning to see where your hate boner for Skriniar is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM_1 View Post
ha! i read about height. nacka, you are mongoloid.
Materazzi: "Benitez is one of those who thinks they know everything and if you meet him in the pub you will punch him."
Nacka is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 23:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
No hatred at all for Skriniar

I wish him the best.

Oh we forgot to thank Los Che for the win. Now he has to do the Napoli thread as per forum protocol.

Los Che, Inter haven't won at Napoli's stadium in Serie A since 97-98...

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 23:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Roma winning yesterday was an awful result. It was their last tough game of the season.

Inter now absolutely need 7 points from the last 3 games.

If Juve fold against Atalanta we will lose 3rd place to a team with about a quarter of Inter's budget.

Also bear in mind that Empoli are fighting tooth and claw to stay up, so there is every chance Inter will drop points in that game. Failure to beat both Napoli and Empoli will mean Europa League [email protected] again and minus 50 million on the balance sheet...
..
Sassuolo away will not be easy for Roma. Sassuolo gave Torino a hard time away.

I find it rather bizzarre/absurd that you care so much for 3rd. Makes absolutely no difference if we are 3rd or 4th. The point is making the CL regardless so 4th is like 2nd/3rd anyway.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 13th, 2019, 23:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
True

But 7 points will be necessary for 3rd, which would at least make it look like this team is making vague progress under Suning (even though it isn't)
Well, before Suning we went a few seasons without participating in the CL so I think CL qualification (twice in a row, hopefully) is decent progress. Hopefully next season we aim higher though. I think going for Marotta and Conte indicates the ambition of Suning. And while I am no finance expert but the club's revenues have increased going by reports.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 14th, 2019, 00:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
I do.

Juve are past this season and we all know what that means in Italy. There’s no consideration whatsover for such abstract concepts as ‘fairness’.
I didn't watch the Roma-juve game due to work but I followed it on FI, and based on what I read, Roma's GK Mirante did well. And juve fielded a strong team not a bunch of kids.

Anyhow I doubt juve will lose in their final home match of the season. Especially as they are unbeaten at home in Serie A and will want to maintain that.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 14th, 2019, 00:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
Nice to see Inter fans applauding Pellissier
Pellissier: 'Emotional standing ovation'
Football Italia2 Hours Ago

Chievo legend Sergio Pellissier admits a standing ovation from the Inter crowd at San Siro was “one of the greatest emotions I’ve ever experienced in this sport.”

The striker turned 40 last month and has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

He came off the bench during Chievo’s 2-0 defeat to Inter and his introduction was met with a spontaneous standing ovation.

“I really wasn’t expecting that. It was a moment that will live with me forever,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“My decision is definitive, it’s important to know when to say enough is enough. Although I had joked if I’d scored tonight, I would’ve played for another year!

“Maybe the crowd realised I gave everything I could to football and found my home at Chievo, a small town and small club, achieving great things together and beyond all expectations.

“It’s emotional to be at San Siro applauded by thousands and thousands of people who aren’t even your fans, it’s one of the greatest emotions I’ve ever experienced in this sport.”

Pellissier began his Chievo career in 2000 and was part of the side that took them to their first ever Serie A promotion in 2002-03, going on to represent the club 512 times with 139 goals.

“I believe you make choices in life. I got injured during my best period, and the team’s best period, so it was really tough to get back in shape. That’s when I realised the years take their toll just in terms of fitness.

“I can’t sit there and watch my team go down with so few victories, so few points, to lose games the way we did. I’ve been here for so many years and feel such affection for these club colours, it hurts me more than anyone.

“It’s only right that I leave now, because this is the end of an era and I wouldn’t want to start a new one knowing I couldn’t see it through to the end.

“It’s best that Chievo begin again with players who want to give everything to this club and get it back into Serie A.”

Pellissier was asked if he could remain at Chievo as their Coach next season.

“No, I don’t think I’m suited to the role! I’m not very good at telling people what to do and I know that I’m too instinctive. I don’t see myself being a Coach.”

---



Slight correction though regarding the below:

Pellissier began his Chievo career in 2000 and was part of the side that took them to their first ever Serie A promotion in 2002-03, going on to represent the club 512 times with 139 goals.

---

Their first season in A was 01-02

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:47
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Roma winning yesterday was an awful result. It was their last tough game of the season.

Inter now absolutely need 7 points from the last 3 games.

If Juve fold against Atalanta we will lose 3rd place to a team with about a quarter of Inter's budget.

Also bear in mind that Empoli are fighting tooth and claw to stay up, so there is every chance Inter will drop points in that game. Failure to beat both Napoli and Empoli will mean Europa League [email protected] again and minus 50 million on the balance sheet...
..
Sassuolo away will not be easy for Roma. Sassuolo gave Torino a hard time away.

I find it rather bizzarre/absurd that you care so much for 3rd. Makes absolutely no difference if we are 3rd or 4th. The point is making the CL regardless so 4th is like 2nd/3rd anyway.
3rd represents progress. Finishing below Atalanta represents a farce. From the Anti-Juve to the Anti-Atalanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:53
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
True

But 7 points will be necessary for 3rd, which would at least make it look like this team is making vague progress under Suning (even though it isn't)
Well, before Suning we went a few seasons without participating in the CL so I think CL qualification (twice in a row, hopefully) is decent progress. Hopefully next season we aim higher though. I think going for Marotta and Conte indicates the ambition of Suning. And while I am no finance expert but the club's revenues have increased going by reports.
On the pitch, Suning have taken Mancini's 4th place team to..... 4th place. This season's team is also worse than last season's, so there is regression there.

It is true that Suning have now, finally, laid the foundations for success (Conte, Marotta, Godin, probably Rakitic) but it took 3 dud seasons to do so.

I also have slight reservations ŕbout just copying the Juve project from 2012. Suning copied the 2005-onwards Roma project and it didn't exactly bring success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:59
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,345
I would also add that Empoli IS NOT going to be a straightforward game.

They will be playing for their lives, basically. Although at least it means they won't park the bus and play for a 0-0.

They will concede chances, no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
3rd represents progress. Finishing below Atalanta represents a farce. From the Anti-Juve to the Anti-Atalanta
This is just like saying that finishing 19th is progress over finishing 20th. Ultimately both get relegated so it makes no difference.

In 16-17 Atalanta finished 4th and we finished 7th yet you had a hard-on for Pioli.

Now they are behind us and even if they finish 3rd it won't matter (as long as we finish 4th) yet you make a big deal out of it. It can happen that a club with a lower/small budget does well, Leicester City being a good example, Montpellier another, Kaiserslautern winning Bundesliga etc.. those clubs won titles not just finished top 3 or 4..

You don't care about Coppa Italia or EL, trophies, but care about 3rd when 3rd is exactly the same as 4th.

3rd represents progress while 4th is a disgrace, according to you

Quite illogical tbh. 3rd is like 4th.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 15th, 2019, 05:48 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
 
Los Che Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: England
Teams: Valencia CF
Posts: 33,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
No hatred at all for Skriniar

I wish him the best.

Oh we forgot to thank Los Che for the win. Now he has to do the Napoli thread as per forum protocol.

Los Che, Inter haven't won at Napoli's stadium in Serie A since 97-98...
You will beat them on Sunday!

Mark my words.
Los Che Forever is offline  
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:45
red
Forum Manager
Legend
 
red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Germany
Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Posts: 14,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post

Quite illogical tbh. 3rd is like 4th.
Then 2nd is the same as 4th, according to your logic. Which of course it isn't, which is why one is called "2nd" and the other is called "4th".

So I bet if we had asked Napoli fans 6 weeks ago if they would have a problem coming 4th this year, they would have all said "yes fine, no problem. It's the same as 2nd".

Of course they wouldn't have done that, because they understand that a league is a ranking system, with a greater level of prestige and perceived "success" and "progress" attached to higher rankings.

At least on the surface, for however many decades people look back at Serie A classifications, it will look like Atalanta were a superior team to Inter, despite their paltry budget. The global footballing community will think the same thing. Of course they would all be right - Gasperini's Atalanta is a better team than Spalletti's Inter, but it would be nice to con them into thinking otherwise by finishing above Atalanta.

Why would we want to do that? Because I would intuitively say that a 4th place finish will marginally reduce the prestige and attractiveness of the Inter brand globally, if only for a short while.


So there you have it Ahmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
red is offline  
Old May 18th, 2019, 21:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life View Post
Sassuolo away will not be easy for Roma. Sassuolo gave Torino a hard time away.
Sassuolo 0-0 Roma

Proven right.

Now Roma can not finish ahead of Inter mathematically as the gap is 3 points, so even if they beat Parma and we lose our remaining 2 games, we would finish on the same points as Roma but ahead of them due to superior hth.

1 less team to worry about

Btw Zaniolo would not start for any big team in Europe, it's better for him to stay at Roma, play and develop than warm the bench at juve/spurs/Bayern if it's indeed true any of those clubs seriously want him which is something I doubt. Was really useless tonight.

Wouldn't start for this Inter tbh let alone juve.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
Old May 18th, 2019, 21:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Nerazzurri4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2002
Location: ****ing overcrowded Egypt
Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Posts: 56,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Then 2nd is the same as 4th, according to your logic. Which of course it isn't, which is why one is called "2nd" and the other is called "4th".

So I bet if we had asked Napoli fans 6 weeks ago if they would have a problem coming 4th this year, they would have all said "yes fine, no problem. It's the same as 2nd".

Of course they wouldn't have done that, because they understand that a league is a ranking system, with a greater level of prestige and perceived "success" and "progress" attached to higher rankings.

At least on the surface, for however many decades people look back at Serie A classifications, it will look like Atalanta were a superior team to Inter, despite their paltry budget. The global footballing community will think the same thing. Of course they would all be right - Gasperini's Atalanta is a better team than Spalletti's Inter, but it would be nice to con them into thinking otherwise by finishing above Atalanta.

Why would we want to do that? Because I would intuitively say that a 4th place finish will marginally reduce the prestige and attractiveness of the Inter brand globally, if only for a short while.


So there you have it Ahmed.
Well I disagree

What's the prestige in finishing 2nd or 3rd?

None whatsoever

I don't see Chelsea fans celebrating 3rd.

People remember teams that win titles.

Do you even know how many times Inter finished 2nd or 3rd in the history of Serie A? I don't, because it's not worth knowing or remembering.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people


Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Nerazzurri4life is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Thread Tools



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome