Xtratime Community banner

The "Goodbye Icardi" Thread - adieu

7K views 185 replies 21 participants last post by  Nerazzurri4life 
#1 ·
Stripped of the captaincy and frozen out of the squad.

This is surely the end of the line.

Brozovic has been liking all this activity on Instagram BTW.

If he does leave it will signal something of a new era for the club as well.

The common denominators over the last 4 years of FORM-CRISIS-FORM-CRISIS are Handanovic, Icardi, Brozovic, Perisic and D'Ambrosio.

Presumably Icardi and Perisic will now leave from that group, bring in somewhere around 130 million euros. 60m of that cash is needed to redeem Keita and Politano, leaving 70 m plus the residual transfer budget for 2 midfielders, a new striker and (yet again) 2 new fullbacks.

#2 ·

#3 ·
LOL, hilarious stuff. So if the stories are accurate and I'm understanding things correctly Icardi is being stripped of the captaincy and excluded from the squad because he can't keep his bitch in line. :howler:

Oh, I almost forgot to include the disclaimer. I'm no misogynist.

#11 ·
Not really, I was referring to a very specific aspect of the situation that doesn't apply in the case of Railoa. Unless Raiola is engaging in **** erotic encounters with his clients of course.

With Wanda there is an element that isn't there if you have an agent that is just the player's aid in professional matters. If an agent that you don't have personal ties to says dumb shit it's easier for a player to dismiss them when trying to clear things up with your teammates.

Example: "Hey, sorry guys. Don't listen to that fat **** Raoila, he's just got a bad case of insipient verbal diarrhea. I don't think you guys suck donkey balls."

That wouldn't be as easy to utter if the person you were dismissing were also your wife/loved one.

Reactions: van
#8 ·
Where could Icardi go?
Realistically?

#10 ·
Apparently Icardi refused to join the squad for Rapid after everything went down. How ridiculous, just shows his unprofessionalism really, and his track record isnt short of these type of incidents.

#25 ·
Tbf though, aside from the issue with the Ultras (Sassuolo away game in 14-15, the book etc..), Icardi has largely been a good professional at Inter. Did he even get a red card? Don't remember. Don't remember him missing training before either barring an injury. And obviously he did his job as a scorer, being our top scorer in 14-15, 15-16, 16-17, 17-18 and this season, which means he is a professional.

His image is bad because he ****ed and married the ex wife of a former teammate, mainly. And because Wanda asks for money and talks about other clubs etc, when a captain should be loyal and not have an agent 'whore' him around. Agents of Bergomi and Zanetti didn't do what Wanda is doing.

Icardi's reaction to losing the captaincy was weak and unprofessional though indeed. He should have played tonight, scored and showed he has strong character. Had he did, things would have calmed down. But he was probably misadvised by you know who..

I guess the whole getting ankle treatment reports are just him saving face, because as per Spalletti, Icardi was called up so he isn't injured..

#13 ·
I don't know, I've kind of forgotten that Milan even existed to be honest. It's kind of strange that even this dysfunctional Inter is better than Milan. I guess I'd label Milan a solid mid tier team.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort to spark some rivalry again. But it just feels artificial at this point.

#15 ·
The Mauro Icardi case has exploded at Inter. The Argentinean striker has been removed as the team's captain and Spalletti didn't include him in the Europa League squad that will face Rapid Wien tomorrow.

According to Il Giornale journalist, Franco Ordine, Icardi has another problem: the relationship with a part of the team is weak.

Ordine told to Tutti Convocati that Icardi and Perisic have had a furious confrontation this week after that Wanda said on TV that Icardi has "personal problems" with Perisic.

"Perisic went to Icardi and told him: 'Tell your wife that she doesn't have to speak about me on tv", Ordine said. "Between Icardi and the rest of Inter, the club choose the rest".

#21 ·
After spending fricking 70million in the January Mercato it would be comical if you don't reach top 4 tbh.

According to Il Giornale journalist, Franco Ordine, Icardi has another problem: the relationship with a part of the team is weak.

Ordine told to Tutti Convocati that Icardi and Perisic have had a furious confrontation this week after that Wanda said on TV that Icardi has "personal problems" with Perisic.

"Perisic went to Icardi and told him: 'Tell your wife that she doesn't have to speak about me on tv", Ordine said. "Between Icardi and the rest of Inter, the club choose the rest".
Interesting.

That explains the Brozovic 'likes'. He is obviously on Perisic's side.

What a shitty situation.

Wanda :facepalm:

Can't she focus on other better things like posing naked or raising her 5 kids?

#18 ·
Predictable given the guy showed several times in the past he is a complete idiot, and that his wife is charge... That alone is an issue many times, but is much worse given who his wife is.

It will be very very hard for you to replace him as there simply aren't many strikers as prolific as him, and you don't seem to be in great position to negotiate.

I don't really get the questions about what teams he could possibly go to... He's as good as you can get these days. Any top team with a starting striker older than 30 and with a bunch of cash will be interested.

Reactions: Firdaus
#22 ·
Maxi Lopez likes this

#50 ·
Credit where credit's due though: I did laugh at this

Reactions: Tony Montana
#24 ·
Very little chance

#27 ·
Icardi checks in for Inter training
Football Italia
6 Hours Ago

Mauro Icardi has checked in for Inter training this morning after losing their captaincy and pulling out of the trip to Rapid Vienna.

Sky Sport Italia reports Icardi was the ‘first to arrive’ at Appiano Gentile on Thursday, at exactly 08:31 GMT, to train with his teammates who similarly did not travel.

The broadcaster goes on to say that the Argentine will not be fined or face any disciplinary action as the Nerazzurri ‘understand’ his refusal to play in the Europa League.

Furthermore, there would be an ‘absolute will’ on the club’s part to ‘repair their relationship with the striker and resolve the situation’.

On the other hand, the Beneamata would ‘not have appreciated’ agent-wife Wanda Nara’s regular statements to the Press, while there is ‘currently no offer of a renewal’ on the table.

Icardi has scored 15 goals in 28 appearances for Inter this season but has gone seven Serie A matches without finding the net.

---

First to arrive, nice.

#28 ·
If he goes he goes.

Another striker comes in and we carry on, like we've done post Ronaldo, Vieri, Crespo, Ibra, Milito.

The club has made it very clear that Wanda Icardi cannot go on those BS shows and talk shit about the club and the players. If Icardi apologises and tells Wanda to keep Inter out of the media great, if he feels offended that he's been stripped of the captaincy and wants to leave, ciao e grazie.

PS - Handanovic has been made captain for the same reason Ranocchia was made captain. Joke.

PS2 - Not to Juve/Milan. Send him to some rich PL team.

#31 ·
PS2 - Not to Juve/Milan. Send him to some rich PL team.
I understand the financial point in your post, but I believe Icardi at Juventus would be the flop of the century, So I hope that it happens. It is not clear what he should do at Juventus when there is CR7 who does the same job a million times better (and not just Icardi's job), while Icardi is completely unable to be a supporting forward. Icardi doing the Mandzukic, lol? Or would Allegri (or another coach) ask CR7 to support Icardi? Really?

#29 ·
I don’t think there’s any chance of him going to Milan. Juve perhaps. Not sure if Barcelona is a possibility given the past and Messi, but Real Madrid sure is. I’d imagine PSG and Bayern are too, as their strikers aren’t getting any younger. The top 6 EPL teams seem covered in terms of strikers, but who knows with those guys.

#30 ·
I don't think Icardi is a Real Madrid/Barca kind of striker, they usually want more flair. I can see him at Bayern, Chelsea, United though.

No, Milan look pretty set with the 2 new players and I think he would be out of your budget but Juve is definitely interested in Icardi.

#38 ·
Why would Chelsea consider Icardi after signing Higuain only a month ago? Man U maybe. If so swap Lukaku for Icardi.

Toni, if Ronaldo can coexist with Andre Silva with Portugal and Karim Benzema at Real, he can coexist with Icardi

Not that I want that to happen..

Selling our top scorer to juve..

#41 ·
I thought Chelsea can terminate that loan in the summer. Sarri is getting sacked soon as well....

Real Madrid is still the most obvious option. Yes Benzema is a far more complete forward but he simply doesn't post the numbers Icardi does. I can see Real signing Hazard and Icardi in the summer.

Suning would destroy their relationship with the fan base of they sell to Juve. Can't see it ever happening

#39 ·
Both Andre Silva and Benzema are much better at pivoting and playmaking duties and all that than Icardi, who is much more of a box striker. So there's a point. However, it really depends on the rest of the team. Ronaldo can do much more than score, and if the rest of team provides service, it could work. Anyway, I really doubt Juve will go for that -- and Inter should make it very hard for them even if they do.

#43 ·
He is the most clinical young box CF around. But Icardi to Juventus is a bad idea that wont happen. Just doesnt fit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#44 ·
Well, they bid for him in the summer. But whether that was before or after the Ronaldo signing I don't know.

But he is clearly a player your management likes.

Some idiot journalist in Naples called Valer De Maggio claims Icardi has an agreement with Juve already, although that is hardly credible news.

I will personally be amazed if it happens. I could see Suning vetoing it. Hopefully Real Madrid come in and solve this problem for Inter, although I agree with people saying he will have to be sold at a discount price....

#45 ·
I know we wanted him, but it's not just personal dislike for him, but he makes zero sense next to Cristiano. Plus I dont want just a poacher being our main guy for the attack.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ToniSamp
#48 ·
You mean she made Icardi blow up on her face?

#49 ·
Who the f××k is this guy? He posts the most inane sh×t ever....

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life
#51 ·

#52 ·
Really got to wonder how in a world of super agents and whatnot an elite footballer think his interests are best represented by Wanda Nara. Of course there are many issues involved -- we all know agents have their own agenda and are general shady as **** and bad for the game, and I'm sure Icardi trusts his wife, even if on the face of it that's quite the leap of faith. But at least one might imagine folks like Raiola, Mendes or just some of the hundreds of experienced, decent agents know what they're doing. They have a track record of managing successful careers. How someone who has 10-15 years to make as much money as possible playing top football leaves Wanda Nara to deal with his contracts is beyond comprehension. Same with those who have their parents, brothers, etc.

Last rant on the topic I promise.

Reactions: candy-man
#92 ·
Really got to wonder how in a world of super agents and whatnot an elite footballer think his interests are best represented by Wanda Nara. Of course there are many issues involved -- we all know agents have their own agenda and are general shady as **** and bad for the game, and I'm sure Icardi trusts his wife, even if on the face of it that's quite the leap of faith. But at least one might imagine folks like Raiola, Mendes or just some of the hundreds of experienced, decent agents know what they're doing. They have a track record of managing successful careers. How someone who has 10-15 years to make as much money as possible playing top football leaves Wanda Nara to deal with his contracts is beyond comprehension. Same with those who have their parents, brothers, etc.

Last rant on the topic I promise.
I can understand having a family member for players like Zanetti, Maldini, Totti etc. Let the family earn some money, when all parties know the player won't be changing teams and it's pretty much a formality.

Why pay an agent to confirm what the whole world already knows? However players like Icardi, Ibra, Ronaldo, Balotelli who have marketability value and demand for other teams, in their position I would have a pro do the negotiations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.