LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16521 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2018, 07:48
International

Teams: Inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan9 View Post
How exactly is it cheap when there has only been 4 more expensive transfers in the history of the game? You can consider it decent value but its not cheap, not even close.
Have you somehow missed the last 12 months of transfer activity?

Liverpool paid 80 million for a centre-back, 100-million-euro Pogba is not even top 10 midfielders in the EPL, a forward who scored 13 league goals in his last season for Barcelona cost 222 million euros, a 10-goal/ 10-assist -a-season midfielder (Coutinho) cost 140 million and a winger with 30 career goals was signed by Barca for 105 million plus bonuses. Bayern have quoted 30-year-old Lewandowski's price at minimum 100 million

Compared to all that madness, 110 million for Icardi - who would obviously score 25-40 goals a season for Real Madrid - is an absolute bargain.
I am well aware of those. That point still stands that there are only 4 more expensive transfers in the history.

You can call it value for money or a bargain but it's not a cheap price

Forza Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16522 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2018, 08:22
Legend

Joao Mario looks to be heading to Wolves in the Premier League

Started promising but turned to shit and has the nerve to blame others when his own contributions to the team are so low.

edit - I thought I was giving y'all fresh news, reading twitter it appears that this has been going on a for few days.
post #16523 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2018, 15:37
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Malcolm will now most likely join Everton or Roma.

Atletico will no doubt take the same course as Bordeaux and laugh Inter out of the room for Vrsaljko, especially since they can just get straight cash from EPL teams (or Italian teams like Roma or Napoli).

Ausilio has done well this summer, but I have a feeling the club will have to settle for sub-standard players for the last two positions (right back and defensive mid), unless, for some mad reason, Zenit and Leverkusen accept loan-with-option deals for Paredes and Heinrichs respectively.

We shall see

post #16524 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2018, 17:08
Star Player

Inter have done tremendously well at the transfer market, even with the FFP limitations... but I thought that Eder's move to the owner's Chinese club, Jiangsu Suning, would be the perfect chance to get over some of those restrictions... alas he was only signed for €5m.... a €20m move to China wouldn't be out of the ordinary as Chinese clubs tend to pay much more than the market rate, I think those extra €15m would've been handy to sign a player like Vrsaljko and solve the RB problem....

David Endt: “Inter looks like a beautiful diva in blue and black, but in reality she is nothing more than a prostitute.”
post #16525 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2018, 17:36
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
Inter have done tremendously well at the transfer market, even with the FFP limitations... but I thought that Eder's move to the owner's Chinese club, Jiangsu Suning, would be the perfect chance to get over some of those restrictions... alas he was only signed for €5m.... a €20m move to China wouldn't be out of the ordinary as Chinese clubs tend to pay much more than the market rate, I think those extra €15m would've been handy to sign a player like Vrsaljko and solve the RB problem....
You're looking at it the wrong way because of a false premise. Suning will not throw Jiangsu under the bus to benefit Inter (see the Ramirez situation in January) but are actually willing to do the opposite.

The reason the price is that low is that the cut-off point for the 100% transfer tax in China is $6.9 million (for foreigners. Here is an explanation:https://news.cgtn.com/news/334d544f3...4/share_p.html)

So Suning have undershot the 7 million dollar mark on purpose to save Jiangsu cash. This deal benefits Jiangsu and Jiangsu only - Inter get nothing out of it.
post #16526 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2018, 18:48
Legend

Quote:
You're looking at it the wrong way because of a false premise. Suning will not throw Jiangsu under the bus to benefit Inter (see the Ramirez situation in January) but are actually willing to do the opposite.

The reason the price is that low is that the cut-off point for the 100% transfer tax in China is $6.9 million (for foreigners. Here is an explanation:https://news.cgtn.com/news/334d544f3...4/share_p.html)

So Suning have undershot the 7 million dollar mark on purpose to save Jiangsu cash. This deal benefits Jiangsu and Jiangsu only - I[B]nter get nothing out of it[/B].
Except getting rid of Eder
post #16527 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2018, 00:41
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy-man View Post
Except getting rid of Eder
You make a lot of sense

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #16528 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2018, 13:31
red
Forum Manager
Legend

I'm posting this here to avoid retarded future conversations on Suning and Inter's financial capabilities. This explains why Inter didn't sign Cancelo and Rafinha. It's from a very sharp FIF poster named este19:

Basic accounting principles: expense counts entirely in the year it's spent, and is comprised of things like player salaries, staff salaries, and loan fees going out, and coming in it's sponsorships, tickets, shirts... and also any difference between remaining amortization value of a player and his sale price when we sell players (for the sake of "book balancing" anyway, but technically this is "capital gains"). Then the other side from expense is capital. If we buy a player for 20m and he signs a 4-year deal, we book the cost as 5m in capital over each of those 4 years. If we extend his contract after year 1, the remaining 15m would be divided over 4 years instead of 3, so then his amortization would be 3.75m/yr, for example. And if we were to then sell him in year 3 for 13m when his remaining book value is 11.25m, we would only gain 1.75m.

What happened at the end of June was we had a fire sale on our youth team, with inflated values, and also extended some contracts (Candreva) to balance our books ("balance books" = incomes equal to current year expenses + current year amortization values). But, part of our settlement agreement is that besides balanced books, our ratio of incomes to our remaining player amortization costs must be at a certain value, which apparently is a target we missed (because Mario + Gabi), so the settlement agreement was extended. We don't know what that number is because it's redacted from the publicly-available settlement agreement, so only Inter & UEFA actually know what the numbers are. But clearly, with how we are behaving, Suning is confident we can "balance the books" this year, but don't think they can get our income high enough to meet the income/amortization ratio target in the settlement agreement. Which is why we are willing to spend a high loan fee for Vrsaljko this year... as long as we don't have to add any amortization costs until next fiscal year, when UEFA is done looking at our books.

I agree that I wanted Cancelo, and it would've been nice if we'd asked him to wait and insist on a transfer back to us. I think we didn't do that not because we didn't have the will, but because we knew there was no way the math would work out anyway. Even if we gave up signing Nainggolan so we could sign Cancelo, that still would've been 16m higher capital outlay. And for all we know, that 16m makes all the difference. Why else would we be so insistent on loan + option formula for everyone at this point?

The reason I posted the explanation of accounting principles was your idea of loan with obligation for Rafinha, and now again with your being bothered by Cancelo's sale being 10m + 30m instead of straight 40m. Both those instances you are acting like cash out the door is what matters. With capital purchases, when cash goes out the door doesn't matter. Only the book value of 40m matters for FFP, regardless of formula. We could've gotten that same deal from Valencia of delayed payments, but the point is that we couldn't afford to add an asset of that value at that time. And because the settlement agreement was extended, it sounds like we can't afford it this year either.

For as long as Suning owns us, you probably won't see us make many delayed payment plans like that... the obligation to purchase formula... because of how the rules changed. Such things only matter to a club that has cash-flow issues. Suning is ridiculously cash-rich. Cash isn't the problem, the books are the problem.
Firdaus likes this.
post #16529 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2018, 09:51
Rookie

Yes, but don't forget in addition to the books, the Chinese government has tightened overseas investment, specifically naming sports clubs as one of its scrutinised targets.
post #16530 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2018, 16:43
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamzaghi View Post
Yes, but don't forget in addition to the books, the Chinese government has tightened overseas investment, specifically naming sports clubs as one of its scrutinised targets.
That just means Suuning can't invest their own money in Inter.

Everyone should be aware of that by now. Inter's current issues really are the result of FFP, which is now dictating (for one more season) that Inter can't spend its own money on players without equal sales.
Firdaus likes this.
post #16531 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2018, 17:01
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
What's the formula to calculate allowable expenditure based on the amount UEFA makes from the club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #16532 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2018, 10:18
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
What's the formula to calculate allowable expenditure based on the amount UEFA makes from the club?
I'm not really sure what you mean by "the amount UEFA makes from the club".

Inter have been monitored because the club fell majorly into arrears with its revenue/income streams and capital asset/liability balances due to Thohir's spending, bad marketing/branding and abysmal signings like Gabigol.

As far as I understand it, Inter simply has to balance its revenue and expense accounts then, as the fella at FIF explained, balance out capital assets and liabilities.

I think the club was allowed to overshoot that by 20 million this year - I don't think that any exceedance is allowed for the coming FFP year, although I could be wrong.

The long and short of it is that Inter cannot afford to make sizeable signings without sizeable sales this summer, which means that if none of Perisic, Vecino and Joao Mario are sold immediately for cash, the club cannot sign players like Vrsaljko and Paredes unless it is on a loan-with-option basis (which clubs are obviously reluctant to agree to).
post #16533 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:38
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Latest rumour for the DM position is Héctor Herrera since the Dembele deal is dead in the water.

Fairly underwhelming idea, particularly given the dreadful success rate of Porto/ex-Porto signings at Inter (Quaresma, Pereira, Guarin, f**king Maniche, Conceicao)

I would MUCH prefer Paredes or even Barella.

ALSO: Sportmediaset claims Inter have bid 24 million for Vidal (who is definitely leaving Bayern) - and that bid was rejected (Bayern want 30m). Crazy money for a 31 year-old, even if the thought of Vidal-Nainggolan-Brozovic is fairly goddamn amazing. But you never know what his fitness/motivation levels would be like.
post #16534 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:54
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Man, I'd love if Herrera came to Inter.

Did you not see him in the WC? I think he would have impressed anyone.

Also, it's a twofer. We get him and @TTM in a package deal.
TTM likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #16535 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2018, 13:43
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Inter and Macedonia NT, Socceroos
Quote:

ALSO: Sportmediaset claims Inter have bid 24 million for Vidal (who is definitely leaving Bayern) - and that bid was rejected (Bayern want 30m). Crazy money for a 31 year-old, even if the thought of Vidal-Nainggolan-Brozovic is fairly goddamn amazing. But you never know what his fitness/motivation levels would be like.
Not to mention he has one year left on his contract.

R.I.P TOSE PROESKI....VOICE OF AN ANGEL

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS
post #16536 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2018, 14:39
TTM
Legend

I would follow your club if HH came over
Firdaus likes this.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
post #16537 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2018, 15:31
International

Teams: Inter
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
I'm not really sure what you mean by "the amount UEFA makes from the club".

Inter have been monitored because the club fell majorly into arrears with its revenue/income streams and capital asset/liability balances due to Thohir's spending, bad marketing/branding and abysmal signings like Gabigol.

As far as I understand it, Inter simply has to balance its revenue and expense accounts then, as the fella at FIF explained, balance out capital assets and liabilities.

I think the club was allowed to overshoot that by 20 million this year - I don't think that any exceedance is allowed for the coming FFP year, although I could be wrong.

The long and short of it is that Inter cannot afford to make sizeable signings without sizeable sales this summer, which means that if none of Perisic, Vecino and Joao Mario are sold immediately for cash, the club cannot sign players like Vrsaljko and Paredes unless it is on a loan-with-option basis (which clubs are obviously reluctant to agree to).
Has more to do with moratti and co's bad management then thohir.

Thohir signed a settlement agreement with UEFA and we are still handcuffed by it.

Forza Inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #16538 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2018, 17:08
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan9 View Post
Has more to do with moratti and co's bad management then thohir.

Thohir signed a settlement agreement with UEFA and we are still handcuffed by it.
Yes, this makes more sense. I was speculating a bit there.

Stefan, who would you like to see signed for the DM and RB positions?

My preferences, given the current rumours, would be Vidal and Vrsaljko. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
post #16539 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2018, 17:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
I would follow your club if HH came over

Helenio Herrera passed away a long time ago.

I remember him commenting serie A back in the 80s. He said he had an archive of thousands players at home, in Venice, with infos about their skills, qualities etc. I wonder where that archive has finished.

Seriously, if Hector Herrera ever joined serie A he would be HH3 because there has been, officially, HH2 too, Heriberto Herrera.

Last edited by ToniSamp; July 24th, 2018 at 17:37.
post #16540 of 16890 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2018, 17:37
TTM
Legend

They call him "AHCHE AHCHE" in Mexico
ToniSamp likes this.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in