65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 15:40
Cachorro
Legend

Teams: Botafogo, Brasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson35 View Post
new name today...a brazilian defender from fluminense, thiago silva...don't know if he is good...and not sure his age...
Thiago Silva is a very good central defender, currently one of Fluminense's best players, and part of this year's Brasilian Olympic football squad. An agile and smart centreback, very good at intercepting passes and man-marking. Thiago played as defensive mid in the youth divisions, but it was after he moved to central defense in 2004 that he began to shine on a national level.

THIAGO SILVA
Name:
Thiago Emiliano Silva
Born: September 22nd, 1984
Height: 1,83 m
Weight: 79 kg

Above: Thiago Silva being given the 2007 Silver Ball for Central Defenders, a reward for the best players of the Brasilian League

Thiago has his own website - in portuguese - where you can find pictures, videos and other stuff about him. There's also a profile page describing Thiago's career since childhood, and it mentions his failed transfer to Porto in 2004; apparently, the unfortunate combination of a bad injury and a pneumonia stopped him from showing his qualities in Porto, then he was loaned away to Dynamo Moscow and later Fluminense brought him back to Brasil (please note that the above info about his experience at Porto was all taken from Thiago's website, so I can't confirm its accuracy).

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
~Martin Luther King Jr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 15:58
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Thanks for the player profile Garrincha!!!

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #23 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 17:42
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Garrincha...does the name Philippe Coutinho Correia ring a bell?

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME

post #24 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 18:12
Cachorro
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Facchetti View Post
Garrincha...does the name Philippe Coutinho Correia ring a bell?
It rings this bell.

~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #25 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 18:25
Fry
International

Teams: Too ashamed to admit
Very interesting. Garrincha can you give us your opinion on him if you have followed his career please.

As I understand he will stay for 2 years, currently his wages being paid by Inter. Goal.com are saying he is one of the most promising Brazilian youngster, could you please elaborate

post #26 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 18:41
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Quote:
Originally Posted by masale View Post
The political signing, we MUST get Aquilani. Muntari is a player I prefer alot since he would slot in perfectly with our style of play. But Aquilani is more talented, Italian and he is a young dudes

We don't seem to have any plans in place for this UEFA qouta for the CL
i like aquilani and i think he is an amazing young player...but i m not quite sure about muntari because i haven't seen enough of him...but either way... he and aquilani are young dudes...i don't mind...if mourinho thinks they are good, then let him go them...they are better than lamps..

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #27 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 18:47
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

silva failed at porto? then we probably need to ask joshua or pun about that... not a big deal even if he really failed at porto...diego failed there too...that doesn't make him a bad player...perhaps he was too young at that time...

sometimes, not all young dudes would have successful seasons with their new teams...give them a chance...they will shine...if u get old dudes...and if they fail...u can't get much $$$ from selling him...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #28 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 19:03
Cachorro
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by masale View Post
Very interesting. Garrincha can you give us your opinion on him if you have followed his career please.
Sorry, I've never watched Philippe play. But everyone who did seems to be pretty excited about his talents.

~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #29 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 19:19
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Thank you..this sounds great...I love this...I don't know how the Brazilians feel about this b/c I'm sure we're kind of stealing their talent..although this kid is getting a lot of f-in money to play....and we are keeping him there..

post #30 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:32
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

7/22/2008 7:00 AM
Report: Aquilani Set To Stay At Roma
Amid conflicting reports, Il Messaggero now claims that Alberto Aquilani will pledge his future to Roma and sign a new contract, providing the club can guarantee he will be a key part of coach Luciano Spalletti's plans.

Aquilani’s future at Roma has been looking increasingly uncertain in recent weeks due to problems over the renewal of his contract.

The 24-year-old’s current deal runs out in 2010 and the player has been asking for around €2.5m in wages per year in order to sign an extension.

However, so far the highest offer Roma have been able to muster is €1.6m, and this has led to intense speculation that Aquilani will quit the club.

The midfielder is not short of options as both Juventus and Inter are very keen, and the player has thanked both clubs for their interest in him.

However, Il Messaggero now claims that Aquilani will pledge his future to Roma, providing the club can guarantee that he will be a key part of coach Luciano Spalletti's plans from this season onwards.

The idea is for Roma director Daniele Prade to meet with Aquilani’s representatives next week where the new contract will hopefully be signed, sealed and delivered.

Alessio Alexis

goal.com

post #31 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2008, 22:35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

7/22/2008 3:50 AM
Muntari Only Thinking About Pompey
Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari insists he won't allow himself to be distracted by intensifying rumours tipping him for a summer switch from Fratton Park.

The Ghana star has proven an exceptional addition to Pompey since arriving from Udinese last summer, so much so that Juventus and Inter are reportedly intent to bring him back to Serie A.

The 23-year-old has always maintained that he is completely content on the south coast of England and his devotion does not seem to have wavered in recent days.

"I'm just looking forward to the new season. I'm going to try my best and work for the team," Muntari told the Portsmouth News.

"That's the important thing. Not for myself but for the team.

"My first season was good. I won the FA Cup and I hope to continue this way.

"I am going to keep playing better and better so I can help my team to achieve. That's why I am here and that's why I play football. I will be working hard.

On Pompey's prospects for next season he added: "Definitely we will improve because we have Europe now so, we have some more experienced players and the manager is good.

"Ben (Sahar), Glen (Little) and Peter (Crouch) are very good signings.

"I have already seen them in training and they are good players. That's why they are here.

"Harry Redknapp knows what he is doing so there is no doubt about it.

"I want to get higher in the league and we will improve. We'll just see what happens."

Inter have reportedly identified the all-action midfielder as a viable option should they fail in their bid to prise Frank Lampard away from Chelsea, which is now increasingly looking likely to be the case.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

post #32 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:10
pun
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson35 View Post
silva failed at porto? then we probably need to ask joshua or pun about that... not a big deal even if he really failed at porto...diego failed there too...that doesn't make him a bad player...perhaps he was too young at that time...
This is what I said in the previous page.

Quote:
He actually signed for Porto a few years a go but he didn't impress that much due to injuries and was let go of and went back to Brasil and he's pressing for national team selection. I think he's pretty good but I don't see why we're signing him.
so the link Garrincha put is actually accurate, because he did have a lot of injury problems at Porto.
post #33 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:23
A10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Never in B
C4 again claims that we are closing in on Muntari....

OK, Frank ... , if not, Muntari

Lucho G is expensive.

Aquilani and Alonso nono please...

one muntari complilation.

post #34 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:34
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Van der Vaart.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #35 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:47
Fry
International

Teams: Too ashamed to admit
Last year when I was crying foul about Muntari to Pompey for cheap, no one said anything. How ****ing stupid of us being linked with him now, its going to cost us some serious $$ before they consider letting us have him.

post #36 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:47
A10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Never in B
Yea VDV seems to be one interesting choice, but on Euro2008 he played strangely bad, might be MVB's tactics.

Also Joao Moutinho must be pretty expensive too.

I also liked Renato (seville).,...
post #37 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:57
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
VDV wasn't bad at the Euro's, he just didn't shine in attack the way Schneijder, RObben, etc., did, because he had a more defensive role.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #38 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 18:30
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

we are linked with vdv today?

post #39 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2008, 22:19
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

oh my god...when did ferrari's name become you shoe???

anyway, the ferrari rumor is back...

====================

You shoe: The agent 'Nothing Samp, even if to the inter'

15:40 of July 23 Source: www.calciomercato.com

Moreno Roggi, prosecutor of Matteo you Shoe and Bernardo Corradi, is intervened today to the microphones of we Are All Ct, releasing the following declarations: "It you shoe it will not go to the Sampdoria, the negotiation has slowed down. C' is a situation in feet with l' Inter and we see how the thing will be evolved. Corradi? C' is a speech started for a long time with Photographs and with the Reggina and we are on the good road. On the times of the transfer however I do not be able to be secure".

post #40 of 16901 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2008, 21:35
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

7/24/2008 11:14 AM
Napoli: Hamsik Not For Sale
Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has made it perfectly clear to both Juventus and Inter that midfield sensation Marek Hamsik is not for sale at any price.

Hamsik joined Napoli last year from Serie B side Brescia and was absolutely magnificent in his first season in the top flight.

The 20-year-old was a virtual ever-present at the heart of the Partenopei midfield, scoring nine goals in 37 Serie A games, and was named in Goal.com’s Serie A Team of the Year.

Hamsik is widely regarded as one of the best young midfielders in Europe, with a host of big teams in Europe interested in him, including Chelsea, Manchester United, Juventus and Inter. It is reported that Napoli recently rejected a mammoth €28m offer for the player, but despite the fact the youngster has just signed a new contract until 2013, speculation is still rife that Juve and Inter are weighing up bids.

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has once again made it perfectly clear that there is no chance of them letting the Slovakian leave.

“We have said unequivocally that Hamsik is a player we are building the future of the club around," he told Radio Marte.

“I can assure you that Marek won’t be going anywhere and I have always said that."

Napoli are constructing an exciting young team, and they are expected to challenge for a Champions League place within the next two or three years.

Anthony Sormani

goal.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in