Xtratime Community banner

Dynamo Moscow v Zenit St Petersburg (Round 6)

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  CDG 
#1 ·
And finally Igor Denisov will get to play v Zenit.

Zenit welcome back Ansaldi, Neto and Shatov after all 3 were unavailable for last nights Champions League qualifier. No news on the injury front regarding Hulk or Fayzulin, Cristico and Malafeev still ruled out through injury.

Zenit will be going for their 6th successive victory.

Other than Rubin Kazan, the last time Zenit lost in the Russian Premier League in a match that was completed was almost a year ago! September 2012.

If Zenit win impressively they will go top of the Russian Premier League as they go for their 3rd Title in the last 4 seasons.

#2 ·
Hulk has not travelled with the team for tomorrow's match. I am expecting Ansaldi to come in for Smolynkov and Neto to remain on the Bench after Spalleti giving a glowing reference to the Hubocan/Lombaerts partnership, I also expect Arshavin to get a start ahead of Bystrov.

Lodygin
Anyukov
Lombaerts
Hubocan
Ansaldi
Shirokov
Danny
Witsel
Zyrianov
Arshavin
Kherzakov

Subs - Shatov, Tymoschuk, Fayzulin, Neto, Smolynkov, Bukharov and Bystrov.

Considering we are without Malafeev, Hulk and Crisitico we are going to get to a stage where a current Russian International can't even make the Zenit Bench. Some serious strength in depth with more players to come in.

#3 ·
Hulk has not travelled with the team for tomorrow's match. I am expecting Ansaldi to come in for Smolynkov and Neto to remain on the Bench after Spalleti giving a glowing reference to the Hubocan/Lombaerts partnership, I also expect Arshavin to get a start ahead of Bystrov.

Lodygin
Anyukov
Lombaerts
Hubocan
Ansaldi
Shirokov
Danny
Witsel
Zyrianov
Arshavin
Kherzakov

Subs - Shatov, Tymoschuk, Fayzulin, Neto, Smolynkov, Bukharov and Bystrov.

Considering we are without Malafeev, Hulk and Crisitico we are going to get to a stage where a current Russian International can't even make the Zenit Bench. Some serious strength in depth with more players to come in.
That's not really true. You can have a bench of 12 players for Russian league games now, although I understand your point. :smileani:

#5 ·
Of course it means something, If you did take time to read and not just let your anger and jealousy come out of your post you would realise and understand in the RPL you need to have 4 Russian players in your first 11, you must know this because you keep telling us that you "watch all matches" Zenit are so strong even players who play for the current Russian International team can only make our Bench, shame you cant say about CSKA Morecambe and your merry band of 5600 fans.

That's why we will be Champions again and you will finish no higher than 4th.

Might be better to stick to your CSKA Morecambe forum with Tony the Tiger buddy so you don't keep looking like a dickhead.)

#7 ·
I didn't see this line up coming, debut for Shatov, Smolynkov after a very impressive start keeps Anyukov out of the team. I was right in predicting Arshavin would start, not sure who be the striker, Arshavin/Shatov or possibly Danny although this is the least likely option.

Lodygin
Smolnikov
Lombaerts
Hubocan
Ansaldi
Shirokov
Tymoshchuk
Witsel
Shatov
Danny
Arshavin.

#8 ·
Very strong bench - Amongst the subs we have

Anyukov (First choice Russian full back)
Neto (First choice Portugese CB)
Bystrov (First choice Russian Winger)
Kherzakov (First choice Russian CF)
Zyrianov (Our captain)

Nobody can doubt the strength in depth we have is incredibly strong now bearing in mind we have no Hulk, Malafeev, Crisitico and Fayzulin today AND we are still going to add the squad which will make the Bench almost have an entire team available for subs.

#9 ·
I would be happy to take a point from this game.

Dynamo along with Spartak are what I consider the 2nd/3rd strongest teams now in the RPL with then Rubin/CSKA being the next set of teams, we will have already faced 2 of our strongest rivals away from home in the first 6 matches.

#10 ·
You honestly think that this line-up below is stronger than CSKA's? :palm: Expect Zenit to control this Dinamo side fairly easily today. Dinamo's best hope will be Kasaev and Dszudszak getting those low crosses behind the Zenit defenders.

Березовский, Уилкшир, Фернандес, Гранат, Ломич, Джуджак, Денисов, Нобоа, Юсупов, Касаев, Смолов.

#11 ·
Lodygin just pulled off a brilliant save on the wet surface to deny Dsudszak.

Like I said before, if he maintains this form for 1 year he will be Russia no1 keeper.

Close match so far, fairly even steven, Zenit can't seem to get the ball to stick in attack, Bukharov would possibly be a better option as he can hold up the ball and allow the likes of Danny to run off his hold up play.

#15 ·
Last minute equaliser by Kherzakov.

I said before the match I would be happy with a point so I'm happy with that.

Worst performance from us this season, Lodygin enhanced his Russian International chances with another MOM performance. Spalleti got it wrong with the first half line up, we just couldnt keep hold of the ball in the attacking third. As much as Bukharov looks Donkey like, he is a superb hold up player.

Dynamo had the luxury of no European match midweek whilst we had the long trip to Portugal.

Loko next up in the League, hopefully Hulk is fit for this one.

#16 ·
lodygin mvp

ansaldi and witsel awful though ansaldi has the beast dzudszak on him.

shirokov did nothing but set the goal and kerzhakov scored.

spaletti will never use anymore arshavin as a striker.

Can cska and spartak go 3 points ahead of zenit?

zenit plays lokomotiv next at home and it is a must win game,interesting game.

#17 ·
There can be no doubt much of the performance was down to a European match in mid-week and the long flight back from Portugal.

Loads of clubs all over Europe suffer immediately after an away European match and we were no different although drawing away at Dynamo is a decent result. We have already now played Rubin and Dynamo Moscow away in our first 6 matches and are just 3 points off the top of the League.

We have a big squad and when the likes of Hulk, Crisitico, Malafeev and Fazyulin are back we can do some proper rotation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.