Xtratime Community - View Single Post - *Official* Derby County
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old August 29th, 2002, 18:07 Thread Starter
HajdukSplit
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Defender Francois Grenet has returned to France to join First Division club Rennes.

The move is initially a temporary transfer until the end of the season but it will become permanent when the player has been involved in 20 matches - including as an unused substitute - or by January 31 2003.

Rennes will pay a fee of 1.5 million Euro (approximately 1-million) when the deal becomes permanent and other payments will be due if Rennes win the French championship or become involved in the UEFA Cup competition.

Grenet, 27, was signed by former manager Colin Todd in November and has made 16 senior appearances.

I think this is a good move for Derby County. We have too many defenders and we need to sell a few more. We still are going to sell Horacio Carbonari and Otto Bragstad. With Chris Riggott and Brian O'Niell coming back from injury, we definetly need to sell Bragstad and Carbonari. I hated Grenet so i really like this move. Colin Todd is the manager who bought so many defenders and caused us to be in debt.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome