Xtratime Community banner

Serie A: Genoa 1-1 Fiorentina

571 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Scarf 
#1 · (Edited)
Genoa v Fiorentina

Saturday Late Afternoon​

This week Montella doesn't need balls to drop Gomez, as Cuadrado is currently in London finalising his move to Chelsea. This makes Montella's team selection very simple. He can now go back to playing that 3-5-2 he has so wanted to play forever. Genoa might be an ideal opponent to try it against.

Now that Joaquin has become a regular, some stability may have entered his mind. I'm not sure about the rest of the squad though. They'll probably be on the field looking for a player that is not in the team. Perhaps it might make our play slightly more direct.

What is perhaps more surprising than anything else is that Montella seems to think that £23.3 million is too difficult to resist. Quite rich coming from a manager that paid £16 million for Mario Gomez.

Cuadrado always showed fantastic professionalism and he believed in us that same way we believed in him - and he is of course, welcome back at any time. “Florence will always be in my heart" he said. "The people are extraordinary. The fans full of passion. The Viola launched my career and gave me the opportunity to grow also thanks to a great club and exceptional teammates".

We will have to take on Genoa without him. But flipping heck - we will have to face Tottenham without him too.

Genoa 3-4-3:

Perin

Roncaglia - Burdisso - De Maio

Edenilson - Rincon - Sturaro - Antonini

Falque - Fetfatzidis - Perotti

Gomez - Babacar

Vargas - Valero - Badelj - Mati Fernandez - Joaquin

Basanta - Gonzalo - Tomovic

Tatarasanu​

Fiorentina 3-5-2:

This is a Saturday late evening match, which means kick off is at 4:00pm and 5pm hereabouts.

12:00pm Boston. 4am Melbourne and 8pm Bahrain.

The match is live on BT Sport 2...15 minutes after kick off.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.