I hope GICA doesn't mind me taking the initiative on this one, but I really liked Rumaniac's suggestion in the Foreign Player of the Year 2015 to have such an award. It could indeed be interesting to see how the winners turn out in the coming years. And I know it's a bit late, but hopefully we can get a few votes in time and see how it goes for its first appearance ever
Exactly the same voting rules as in the Romanian Player of the Year thread: https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=413217
Deadline: Wednesday January 6th 2016
In this case, however, there will be two awards to vote on: the elite and junior awards. The elite award is for players born between 1994 and 1997 (U21s), while the junior involves only players born in 1998 and younger (U18, U17, U15).
For the elite award, choose three players as in the other threads, first counts for three points, second two points, and third one point.
For the junior award, just name a player 17 years old or younger who's impressed you in youth NT highlights and scores, news articles on their progress, stats in either first team or youth games if available, and anything they've done for their club, at home or abroad, in 2015. Big transfers could be another consideration at this level.
Young Romanian Player of the Year 2015 (Elite):
1) Dorin Rotariu (excellent in Liga I etc for some time now and only 20)
2) Florin Tanase (lazy at times but what a talent, and up in the scoring/assisting charts -- today is his 21st bday
3) Cristian Manea (I know he suffered this season but cut him slack for the level jump and he's now getting to play)
Cojocaru (great debut season for him but missed first half of 2015), Nedelcearu, Puscas (weaker second half and not enough first team exp, but higher profile games), Ivan (blowing up, quite consistent, talented and determined; still so young), Bumba (inferior Israeli and Romanian leagues at the edge of the age group but good stats all year and good moments for the NT), Hodorogea, Nedelcu, Marin, Vilceanu, Boldor, Paun, and many others could argue for their spot in these top 3, quite closely in some cases.
This just goes to show the sheer number of potentially great quality players we have in this group. Even Patrick Petre with an excellent goal/assist per game ratio at 18 has been awesome but very few first team games for him this year.
YRP of the Year 2015 (Junior):
Gotta be Vlad Dragomir for me
If some of you are having a tough time with options on this one, there's also:
- Claudiu Micovschi (he won some MVP award in an Italian tournament I believe, and joined Genoa, on top of youth NT)
- Adrian Petre (consistent youth NT
- Ionut Rus (Ajax trained with a lot of attention from big clubs)
- Ianis Hagi
- Vlad Mihalcea (Steaua wonderkid, good in youth NTs with movements and dribbling even if occasionally selfish)
- Carnat (doing well in England lately)
- Nicusor Craiu (Villarreal youth + youth NT captaincies)
- Florin Coman
- Carlo Casap