Young Romanian Player of the Year 2015 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2015, 09:04 Thread Starter
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, WHU, Boca Juniors, TFC, HB, ROU, ITA
Young Romanian Player of the Year 2015

I hope GICA doesn't mind me taking the initiative on this one, but I really liked Rumaniac's suggestion in the Foreign Player of the Year 2015 to have such an award. It could indeed be interesting to see how the winners turn out in the coming years. And I know it's a bit late, but hopefully we can get a few votes in time and see how it goes for its first appearance ever p

Exactly the same voting rules as in the Romanian Player of the Year thread: https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=413217

Deadline: Wednesday January 6th 2016

In this case, however, there will be two awards to vote on: the elite and junior awards. The elite award is for players born between 1994 and 1997 (U21s), while the junior involves only players born in 1998 and younger (U18, U17, U15).

For the elite award, choose three players as in the other threads, first counts for three points, second two points, and third one point.

For the junior award, just name a player 17 years old or younger who's impressed you in youth NT highlights and scores, news articles on their progress, stats in either first team or youth games if available, and anything they've done for their club, at home or abroad, in 2015. Big transfers could be another consideration at this level.

My votes

Young Romanian Player of the Year 2015 (Elite):

1) Dorin Rotariu (excellent in Liga I etc for some time now and only 20)
2) Florin Tanase (lazy at times but what a talent, and up in the scoring/assisting charts -- today is his 21st bday )
3) Cristian Manea (I know he suffered this season but cut him slack for the level jump and he's now getting to play)

Cojocaru (great debut season for him but missed first half of 2015), Nedelcearu, Puscas (weaker second half and not enough first team exp, but higher profile games), Ivan (blowing up, quite consistent, talented and determined; still so young), Bumba (inferior Israeli and Romanian leagues at the edge of the age group but good stats all year and good moments for the NT), Hodorogea, Nedelcu, Marin, Vilceanu, Boldor, Paun, and many others could argue for their spot in these top 3, quite closely in some cases.

This just goes to show the sheer number of potentially great quality players we have in this group. Even Patrick Petre with an excellent goal/assist per game ratio at 18 has been awesome but very few first team games for him this year.

YRP of the Year 2015 (Junior):

Gotta be Vlad Dragomir for me p

If some of you are having a tough time with options on this one, there's also:

- Claudiu Micovschi (he won some MVP award in an Italian tournament I believe, and joined Genoa, on top of youth NT)
- Adrian Petre (consistent youth NT
- Ionut Rus (Ajax trained with a lot of attention from big clubs)
- Ianis Hagi
- Vlad Mihalcea (Steaua wonderkid, good in youth NTs with movements and dribbling even if occasionally selfish)
- Carnat (doing well in England lately)
- Nicusor Craiu (Villarreal youth + youth NT captaincies)
- Florin Coman
- Carlo Casap

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Last edited by Hagibest; December 30th, 2015 at 16:46.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2015, 10:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Well done Hagi. I wouldn´t do the junior one, just because it´s usually made of some highlights and not watching much of the player, but it´s ok
(BTW you missed Mihalcea as a candidate)

That one is clearly between Ianis and Dragomir. Dragomir did great for the youth NT´s and all reports about him at Club level are great, but Ianis gave his first steps between seniors which is always more valuable. But in the end his performances were just ok, so I go with Dragomir.

For the youth player, there always the consistency problem. Bumba was great the first part of the year, being a key player for Targu Mures, getting called for the NT and doing great for the U-21, but his second part of the year for Hapoel didn´t seem to go well. We don´t have much news, but his team is doing horribly, maybe that´s the reason, but I expected much more from him. Only 2 goals so far.
Similar things can be said about Puscas and Mitrita. Did great until the second part of the year, but their performances for Bari and Pescara are dissapointing

1_Balasa
2_Tanase
3_Bumba

I choose Balasa because he is the only one consistently playing abroad, and doing quite well all year. Then Tanase, because he was also good troughout the year and seems to be growing at the end of the season, but to me he still needs to mature. Bumba because he was a key player for the runner up of the league, altough he lost ground at the end of the year. Puscas misses the podium because he mostly did well at a youth level so far. Rotariu is doing much better, it´s true, but he still needs to improve and be more constant. Ivan had some spectacular moments but again, not enough throughout the year.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2015, 11:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
About the thread deadline, why it should be closed today? Let's give it one week, until Wednesday 6th January.

About the age limits. I always say it's less messy if we talk about year of birth and not about ages.
So the Elite award is for those born between 1994 and 1997. Basically for our U21 generation.
The Junior award for those born in 1998 and younger (U18, U17).

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2015, 16:36 Thread Starter
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, WHU, Boca Juniors, TFC, HB, ROU, ITA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
About the thread deadline, why it should be closed today? Let's give it one week, until Wednesday 6th January.

About the age limits. I always say it's less messy if we talk about year of birth and not about ages.
So the Elite award is for those born between 1994 and 1997. Basically for our U21 generation.
The Junior award for those born in 1998 and younger (U18, U17).
Great changes, as always, thanks GICA

Rumaniac, thank you you're so right about Mihalcea, I remember he crossed my mind but for some reason I didn't type out his name p will edit now. It's a strange award indeed but since it's more of a single name nomination and we want to see how our 'predictions' turn out in the future, let's do it anyway p

Bumba is one I strongly considered for the elite award because of his stats in Liga I with TGM and his moments with the NT. At Hapoel he's doing okay statistically but hard to gauge without watching and it isn't the greatest league either.. I gave Manea the edge because he made a bigger jump and is much younger, even if he sat the bench mostly this season, but had an excellent retur of last season's Liga I plus the U21s. I like Balasa too from U21 games and he is indeed one of the more consistent abroad players in this group, but can't say I've seen enough of him playing either. Rotariu definitely needs to become more consistent, and F. Tanase needs to apply himself and stay serious. Ivan could be a serious contender for the elite next year if things go his way and he continues with his determined runs in the first team with Craiova. He even played a bit against Italy with the senior NT, hope he can build on that some more with the U21s. Dragomir also if he gets loaned out or somehow actually steps closer to the first team at Arsenal, but maybe that's being too hopeful p

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Last edited by Hagibest; December 30th, 2015 at 16:46.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 11:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

My votes

Junior award: Vlad Dragomir (Hagi and Mihalcea after him).

Elite award:

Florin Tanase (3 points)
Claudiu Bumba (2 points)
Alexandru Paun (1 point)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 13:03
Rising Star

Teams: Romania
Junior award:

1.Ianis Hagi
2.Vlad Dragomir
3.Claudiu Micovschi

Elite award:

1.Claudiu Bumba
2.Razvan Marin
3.Florin Tanase
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 16:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Well clearly the opinions are divided. Paun has huge potential, he is a pure winger that has everything that place requires. But I followed him on many games and he just dissapeared. I hope he can correct that
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2015, 17:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I like he's competitive in a difficult team for young Romanians like CFR. It's harder there than at Craiova or Viitorul. Plus he was one of the best in the U21 NT.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2016, 16:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
I like he's competitive in a difficult team for young Romanians like CFR. It's harder there than at Craiova or Viitorul. Plus he was one of the best in the U21 NT.
Yeah, i´m not saying he is a bad choice. He is a contender. As I said, many players had nice moments but were not regular enough
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2016, 20:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
elite:
1.Tanase
2.Rotariu
3.Bumba

junior:
1.Dragomir
2.Hagi
3.Teo Tala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2016, 14:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Very low participation.

Dragomir won the junior award and Tanase the elite one (he's officially the young player of the year).

Hagibest has to organize it better next year.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2016, 15:34
Forum Manager
Legend

Yeah. It´s a start tough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in