2006: Nicolae Dica
2007: Adrian Mutu
2008: Dorin Goian
2009: Razvan Rat
2010: Cristian Chivu
2011: Lucian Sanmartean
2012: Raul Rusescu
2013: Vlad Chiriches

We'll give 3, 2 and 1 point to three different players. Obviously the only requirement is they have to be Romanians (it doesn't matter if they play in Romania or abroad).

In 12 days (25th December), the voting will be closed and I'll count the points of every player. In the case of a tie in the first place, the winner will be the player with more '3 points' votes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 18:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Default candidates:

Sergiu Bus , Constantin Budescu , Claudiu Keseru , Valentin Lazar , Ciprian Marica , Alexandru Maxim , Cosmin Matei , Cosmin Moti , Daniel Pancu , Costel Pantilimon , Stefan Radu , Razvan Rat , Ciprian Tatarusanu , Lucian Sanmartean , Bogdan Stancu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 18:40
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
1. Lucian Sanmartean
2. Razvan Rat
3. ???

post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 19:10
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, WHU, Boca Juniors, TFC, HB, ROU, ITA
1. Lucian Sanmartean
2. Razvan Rat
3. Eric Bicfalvi

Notable mentions: Pantilimon, Keseru, Moti, Prepelita, V. Lazar, Radu, Grigore, Bus, Enache, M. Roman II, Stancu, Budescu, Gardos, Tata

If Panti had the playing time, form, and confidence he is showing as of late for most of the year, he'd be in the top 3 for sure. Moti dealt very well with some big teams in Europe, including the reigning champions, and Keseru is top scorer at the moment as well as having broken European records and having a great ratio for the NT (beauty vs Denmark and 3/3).

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 19:24
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Moti might get a mention since he's played in the CL... I still have to decide on the 3rd one, but there's time. Generally I prefer to nominate players doing well for both NT and club but in some cases that's impossible.
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 20:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Voters should keep in mind that performance sshouldn't only be judged by what happened in the beggining of the 2014/2015. What matters most is performance in the 2013/2014 season(2014 part obviously). Having said this , I feel Sanmartean is waay to overrated now days.
I'll post mine in a sec.

Quote:
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 20:35
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

That doesn't change anything.

I feel Sanmartean was way underrated between 2007 and 2013, so whatever.

And you clearly aren't a NT fan and haven't watched the NT games if you think Lucian's overrated. He is a class above any of his teammates. That also applies to Steaua.

In fact, I was thinking of nominating Lucian 3 times but that's not allowed, so I picked Rat for his PAOK performances, and for the fact that this year he reached 100 caps.
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
That doesn't change anything.

I feel Sanmartean was way underrated between 2007 and 2013, so whatever.

And you clearly aren't a NT fan and haven't watched the NT games if you think Lucian's overrated. He is a class above any of his teammates. That also applies to Steaua.

In fact, I was thinking of nominating Lucian 3 times but that's not allowed, so I picked Rat for his PAOK performances, and for the fact that this year he reached 100 caps.
I watched the NT games man and I agree he was the best player. By overration I mean all the things being said about him latley. Like him being able to play for Barca or Real. Or comparasions like "Sanmartean can Dribble , Pirlo can shoot etc. both are world-class in their own ways" or in context of comparasion with Iniesta "who is origianl and who is fake? " or what Anamaria Prodan said" Europe never had a player like Sanmartean". No doubt he is a massively overrated player. I can agree that in the start of the 2014/2015 season he is the most in form romanian player.

Also why did it took him till 30 to be recognised as a top player? He didn't left Romania at a tender age to say he didn't have the good path to accomodate and wasn't transfered to EPL or La Liga. To give you an example , Neider Morantes a 39 year old nobody from Colombia is valued by Transfermarkt at 700k EUROS while Sanmartean at 34 is valued at 400k. I'm not saying this is a fact that this nobody is better , not at all. But It's obvious that we are massively overrating him.

Quote:

post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:11
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

We are not. I think he has no competition in being Romania's best player at the moment. It's not even close. It's kinda a sad that a 34-yr old is by far and away our best player, but what can you do.

If you listen to the Becalis and Ana-Marias and Miticas of the world, that's your problem. I don't give a shit what they're saying.

Technically, he is one of the most gifted in Europe. He has some setbacks, like not shooting enough, or not heading enough, he's inexperienced in defense (he's not bad, he just doesn't have the experience...). But that's not what ruined his career. That's his confrontational nature with all his coaches. Give him a bit of space and he's deadly.
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, Romānia
Quote:

If you listen to the Becalis and Ana-Marias and Miticas of the world, that's your problem.
post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:18
Forum Manager
Legend

All those set-backs , are flaws in his ability as a player. You can't shove them under the carpet. He's just been a flashy player this season's start but I'd pick any day of the week a player like Radu Stefan who is a starter in a top league. Something Sanmartean is incapable IMO.

Quote:

post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:20
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

I don't consider Radu Stefan Romanian. That's a massive flaw when considering Romanian players. If he begs to come back to the NT, then we can discuss. Until then, **** him.

Also, Radu Stefan is a terrible goalkeeper (if we're judging players o attributes not suited for their roles)

I wonder why Pele thinks we're comparing Lucian with Messi, when we're doing a "Romanian Player of the Year" poll.

Last edited by forestasuceava; December 13th, 2014 at 21:32.
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
I don't consider Radu Stefan Romanian. That's a massive flaw when considering Romanian players. If he begs to come back to the NT, then we can discuss. Until then, **** him.

Also, Radu Stefan is a terrible goalkeeper (if we're judging players o attributes not suited for their roles)

I wonder why Pele thinks we're comparing Lucian with Messi, when we're doing a "Romanian Player of the Year" poll.
Well judging by the Radu Stefan statement ur obviously a very nationalistic person , hence I understand why you tend to overrate Sanmartean.

Quote:

post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Pele10brazil's taste in football is for players like Cristiano Ronaldo or Bale, outstanding athletes but not the most talented footballers. He doesn't appreciate too much other kind of players, and he's not forced to do it. We maybe have a more refined taste.

Any option and vision about the game is respectable.
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:45
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Pele10brazil's taste in football is for players like Cristiano Ronaldo or Bale, outstanding athletes but not the most talented footballers. He doesn't appreciate too much other kind of players, and he's not forced to do it. We maybe have a more refined taste.

My favourite player of all time is Pele so ur arugument is invalid.

Quote:

post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:48
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
ur obviously a very nationalistic person
Not at all. Ask Hagibest, for instance.

Also I can't take seriously anyone who types "ur", yo.

But any player who refuses the NT shouldn't be considered here. Pure and simple.

This thread is nationalistic, it's true. But Florescu is more Romanian than Radu Stefan, so I'd still put Florescu ahead of Radu Stefan in this thread.
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
All those set-backs , are flaws in his ability as a player.
Every player has deficiencies. There is no perfection in football, beyond Maradona in 1986 who was capable of scoring even with his hand :smileani:
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:49
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
We maybe have a more refined taste.

I'm still expecting his choices.

I think I'll pick Keseru as 3rd considering he's an ethnic Hungarian.
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Stefan Radu does OK in Italy, but it's difficult (or conflictive) to give the 3 points to someone that doesn't even play for the NT.

IMO there are 3-4 clear factors to decide the votes:

-How they do domestically, or in the league they play (in special how regular they are). Obviously those in the big leagues have a plus, since it's a more competitive football.

-The titles they won and how important they were to get them.

-How they do in European tournaments; in special those in Romanian teams.

-How they do in the NT.
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2014, 21:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Every player has deficiencies. There is no perfection in football, beyond Maradona in 1986 who was capable of scoring even with his hand :smileani:
Letting aside the Maradona troll , Pele really was perfect. There was even a thread on XT about player's weakness. And the comments about Pele were just how he doesn't have any. A player closer to perfection is the better player.

Quote:

Also I can't take seriously anyone who types "ur", yo.
Are we seriously going to judge grammar on a english forum?

Quote:

I'm still expecting his choices.

I think I'll pick Keseru as 3rd considering he's an ethnic Hungarian.
1.Radu Stefan
2.Alexandru Maxim
3.Lucian Sanmartean

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in