Successful Romanians making the headlines - Xtratime Community
 359Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14437 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2001, 10:48 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: ROMANIA!!!
Successful Romanians making the headlines

www.onefootball.com

No comment. Watch out for the 2000 lei bill. Couldn't they have a 100, 000 lei one or a 500, 000?

Hai Romania!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14437 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2001, 12:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

I don't know why but this pictures feels like..... Becali.
When I see this pretended Mafia man (but actually the sort of guy that would rob you on the street with a knife) with that cigarette and the Cosa Nostra godfather attitude, I see why our soccer has gone down so much.
Attached Images

Hai Romania!
post #3 of 14437 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2001, 14:07
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
Becali does look like a gangster indeed!

Right now, the most famous Romanian in the media is Mutu followed by Chivu, Contra and Niculae.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

post #4 of 14437 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2002, 17:37 Thread Starter
Rising Star

http://www.onefootball.com/index.pht...&newsid=102270

Another 'succesful" football person from our country ( or an "om de fotbal" as they like to call themselves) has made the headlines for the entire world to read about them.

P.S: The Onefootball journalist did not forget to mention Mihalceas' stolen car.

Hai Romania!
post #5 of 14437 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2002, 18:00
Xtratime Legend

haha for an up to date news agency they're kind of late!!!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I can just feel the love and the respect they have for us!!!

Football person?! When are we going to get rid of them and put the real footbalers in their places?!

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #6 of 14437 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2002, 18:42
International
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan & Farul
post #7 of 14437 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2002, 18:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Yeah, David, you're right. Unfortunately, if you take 80% of the articles in our sports newspapers and you erase any part related to football, they would fit perfectly in the Crime Section of the regular newspapers. The same with this article where there is no fooball involved. There are just forged papers, scams and stolen cars.

And about what Lupisor said about so-called football persons, there are curently none or very few real former fotballers in the top positions of Romanian football. These "oameni de fotbal" can be divided into 3 groups:

1 Ex-communist-football people, the ones who made a scam out of football under dicatorship and do the same under the freedom of capitalism, they don't invest any money but they gain a lot, some are or have been in trouble with the law
examples: Dragomir, Padureanu, Romica Pascu etc.

- New-generation gangsters, who were little gangsters or had some lowly jobs under communism and who turned to football to make fortunes; are or have been in trouble with the law
examples: Borcea, Becali, etc

- Bussines People, the ones who invest money, some are naive and are let the old guys do everything (Neculaie from Brasov who hired pascu), others do everything themselves (Copos); they invest amounts of money that they claim to be huge but actually are insignificant but they earn a lot (Netoiu is a good example, he sold players like Prunea, Papura, Gabi Popescu, Claudiu Niculescu and most recently Domocos but brought only Rocar players); they have a shady past also, most have been in the Securitate and used their connections to make money; some are or have been involved in troubles with the law.

Hai Romania!
post #8 of 14437 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2002, 14:48
Star Player
International

Teams: Romania
Viorel Moldovan: “Sint de cinci ori barbat"
Daniel Contescu Joi, 31 Ianuarie 2002 Fotbalistul roman Viorel Moldovan a marcat marti seara cel de-al cincilea sau gol pentru FC Nantes in acest sezon (patru in campionat si unul in Cupa Ligii), in partida cistigata pe teren propriu de campioana Frantei, cu scorul de 3-0 (2-0), in fata echipei Olympique Lyon. Meciul a contat pentru etapa a 23-a din Hexagon, Nantes ocupind acum pozitia a 11-a, cu 26 de puncte. Internationalul nostru a punctat in minutul 53, aflindu-se cu Nantes la cea de-a cincea intilnire consecutiva fara infringere. Celelalte doua goluri ale “canarilor” poarta semnatura micutului “virf” tahitian Marama Vahirua.
“M-am ciondanit cu fundaseii” “
Sint de cinci ori barbat! I-am “spart” pe cei de la Olympique, ce mai! Nu trebuie omis ca cei din Lyon formeaza echipa cu cele mai mari sanse de a cistiga titlul in acest sezon. Nantes a facut, probabil, cel mai bun meci din aceasta stagiune. A semanat cu cele jucate in Liga Campionilor, cu un presing inalt. Am stat bine in teren, asa cum n-am mai facut-o de la meciurile cu PSV Eindhoven si cu Lazio”, ne-a declarat ieri atacantul originar din Bistrita-Nasaud. Romanul a fost schimbat spre sfirsitul confruntarii, in aplauzele asistentei, nu inainte de a incasa un cartonas galben: “M-am ciondanit cu fundaseii, de aceea am luat “galben”. La pauza i-am zis antrenorului sa scoata la incalzire un coleg pentru ca eram usor accidentat. Am acuzat o contractura la coapsa. N-am vrut sa risc pentru ca etapa viitoare jucam acasa, cu Olympique Marseille, si trebuie sa batem iarasi. Astept si meciul cu Franta, pe 13 februarie. Ziaristii de aici au inceput deja sa ma descoasa”.
post #9 of 14437 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2002, 14:49
Star Player
International

Vio-Gol is Back!!!
post #10 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 10:43
International

Perfect timing, since he's used to scoring in France, puate sa dea doua boabe in Paris pentru tricolori

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #11 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 12:50
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Hey, I just dropped by to see how my Romanian friends are doing? Fine, I hope!
OK I know this isn't the right topic here, but still, how are you pleased with your EC 2004 draw?
Stay
post #12 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 16:01
Star Player
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
OK I know this isn't the right topic here, but still, how are you pleased with your EC 2004 draw?
Stay
Hey man,
Nice of you to frop by
We're quite pleased actually.
Check out the thread on this topic:
http://www.xtratime.com/forums/showt...threadid=62077
post #13 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2002, 16:01
Star Player
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
Stay
Hey man,
Nice of you to frop by
We're quite pleased actually.
Check out the thread on this topic:
http://www.xtratime.com/forums/showt...hreadid=62077:
post #14 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2002, 01:24
Xtratime Legend

www.onefootball.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Niculescu signing was from the heart, admits Lucescu

Monday 11th February 2002

Galatasaray manager Mircea Lucescu has admitted that sentiment played a major role in the signing of National Bucharest striker Radu Niculescu.

Lucescu, who worked with Niculescu during a spell as manager of Rapid Bucharest, said: "I know this boy from the period when he was one of the biggest talents, about seven seasons ago.

"Unfortunately for him, a combination of bad luck and bad advice from certain people around him stopped his development. Maybe I am sentimental, but it is not the first time I have tried to recover a player who everybody said had no chance of coming back.

"I am confident that Radu is still a quality player and I hope that soon the delay regarding Fifa will be resolved and he will play."

The world governing body has put a block on Niculescu making his debut until Galatasaray pay outstanding payments to Spanish club Real Sociedad relating to the transfer of Arif Erdem last season.

Lucescu is confident the matter will be resolved soon and is looking forward to throwing Niculescu into action as his side face a number of key fixtures.

Referring to the forthcoming derby against Fenerbahce, he said: "I know that for many of our fans this game is more important than any game in the Champions' League.

"I hope that Niculescu will receive the green light from Fifa to appear in the derby because I also intend to select him against Liverpool in the Champions' League next week.

"I know that he is very strong on his feet, exactly what we need against an athletic team like Liverpool.

"I am sure that having the ball well served to him by our midfielders will produce a lot of problems, even for the experienced defenders of a quality side like Liverpool."

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #15 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2002, 07:04
Rising Star

Teams: FC Brasov, România
I just have to say, for things like this I like Lucescu. He is a coach with personality, he takes his decisions (allthough I don´t know if he´s gonna be right with this one!) and he is ready to take responsability for it.

Oh, dear Romania, why do you make it sometimes so hard to love you?
post #16 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2002, 13:30
International
World Class Player

Teams: AC Milan & Farul
I dunno why that idiot of Cansu criticises Lucescu for the purchase of Niculescu. I mean, it costs 0$, and Niculescu will only be paid if he plays!
post #17 of 14437 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2002, 04:39
Xtratime Legend

Talking about Niculescu, he scored Galatasaray's goal against Liverpool. The game ended 1-1.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #18 of 14437 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2002, 22:52
Xtratime Legend

haha ..have you guys heard about the maxi fight at the end of Roma-Galatasaray???

...I wonder if Niculescu gave some... he's big

seriously, that's kind of childish from the players.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #19 of 14437 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2002, 00:11
International

Teams: gAlAtAsArAy
Shameful event.

Well, Lucescu makes the headline all the time in Turkey for being recognized as the best coach. I opened Uefa,com at the half time of gala Roma and the headline picture was Lucescu's.

He had such a hard time getting himself accepted to Turkey but now he is as much respected as Terim. I thought we had made the mistake of the year by getting him after few games, but now I rrealize my mistake for he has shown what a master tactician, coach and person he is. LONG LIVE LUCESCU!

Plagued By Xtratimelitis

One life, live it. Support GaLaTaSaRaY
post #20 of 14437 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2002, 00:23
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by carlito
Shameful event.

Well, Lucescu makes the headline all the time in Turkey for being recognized as the best coach. I opened Uefa,com at the half time of gala Roma and the headline picture was Lucescu's.

He had such a hard time getting himself accepted to Turkey but now he is as much respected as Terim. I thought we had made the mistake of the year by getting him after few games, but now I rrealize my mistake for he has shown what a master tactician, coach and person he is. LONG LIVE LUCESCU!

That's right! Long Live Lucescu!

I am sad he's not our NT coach... *sigh* :depress:

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in