Qatar 2-1 Yemen
UAE 0-3 KSA

Semifinals:
Oman 1-0 Qatar
KSA 1-0 Kuwait

Finals:
Oman 0-0 KSA [Oman wins 6-5 on penalty shoot-out]

Oman wins the Arabian Gulf Cup

Last edited by Camp Nou; January 17th, 2009 at 23:09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2008, 08:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
i`ll try to watch some games, hopefully to be an interesting competition.

btw, it`s a big pic which ruin the page. can`t you resize it?
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:50
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
Oman all the way

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

i think Oman had a good and a promising team, i wonder if they still have the same names of last 5 years.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2009, 21:08
International

Can someone please post a few pictures of the stadiums that will be used?
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 00:36 Thread Starter
Seis Copas
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
Can someone please post a few pictures of the stadiums that will be used?

post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 07:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

all matches will be played on the same pitch, right?
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 07:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

sunday games:

Oman vs Kuwait @ 2:00 pm gmt
Iraq vs Bahrain @ 4.15 pm gmt
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 14:17 Thread Starter
Seis Copas
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite View Post
all matches will be played on the same pitch, right?
Group A games will be played at Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex [Muscat] and group B games will be played at Al-Shurta Stadium [Wataba].
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 16:52
International

Teams: Argentina
when i was 6-7 years old, Iraq used to beat these teams by 3-4 goals almost everytime they play, with the exception of Kuwait may be
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 19:26
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
when i was 6-7 years old, Iraq used to beat these teams by 3-4 goals almost everytime they play, with the exception of Kuwait may be
gone are those glory days. if im honest the team is talented enough to do so again, but mentally, some of the players are a bunch of cvnts. the likes of younis and karrar, and most of them are after money so they dont think about their careers and are willing to just sit on their asses collecting cheques in qatar. only players who use their head are hawar and nashat, one is playing in the CL, the other atleast tried to go abroad. and u can see this in their talents.

as for todays game, disgraceful stuff by them. bahrain more than deserved their win.

camp nou what country are you in?

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 19:57 Thread Starter
Seis Copas
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
gone are those glory days. if im honest the team is talented enough to do so again, but mentally, some of the players are a bunch of cvnts. the likes of younis and karrar, and most of them are after money so they dont think about their careers and are willing to just sit on their asses collecting cheques in qatar. only players who use their head are hawar and nashat, one is playing in the CL, the other atleast tried to go abroad. and u can see this in their talents.

as for todays game, disgraceful stuff by them. bahrain more than deserved their win.
Yea, I agree.

Man today's game ruined my ****ing day! No heart, no discipline no fitness and no energy whatsoever! I just want to know what the **** half of these guys do when they play in the Qatari League for God's sake?! Do they actually play football?! Horrible display and on top of it they get into a damn scuffle at the end of the game.

Younes shouldn't have played today especially when you're coming of a surgery and haven't touched a football for two weeks, Emad Mohammed or even Mohammed Nassar should've started instead. Nashat didn't show up today too and didn't create many chances but then against when lose a man early on it's hard to maintain the midfield, I hope he's ok and that injury isn't serious. Hawar was the only one who played well and created chances early on.

I'm so disappointed and I don't expect much now vs. Oman or Kuwait. Both teams looked good in that first game and I wouldn't be surprised if both teams advance out of group A. Al-Habsi is a ****ing giant between the posts! Anyways, I don't know if we can rebound and address our horrible defending and the non-presence of the midfield in 3 days. Congrats to Bahrain they were the better team today and earned it.

Quote:
camp nou what country are you in?
I'm in the U.S.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2009, 22:22 Thread Starter
Seis Copas
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culéd View Post
Where's Palestine? :frownani:
It's supposed to be a Khaleeji tournament which doesn't make sense because Iran lies on the Gulf as well but then they wanted to make it strictly "Arabs" and stamped "Arabian" on the title. They should get rid of the whole "Gulf" thing and include Shami countries [Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria] as well and maybe call it "The Peace in the Middle East Cup" or something corny like that. p
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2009, 01:30
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Nou View Post
Yea, I agree.

Man today's game ruined my ****ing day! No heart, no discipline no fitness and no energy whatsoever! I just want to know what the **** half of these guys do when they play in the Qatari League for God's sake?! Do they actually play football?! Horrible display and on top of it they get into a damn scuffle at the end of the game.

Younes shouldn't have played today especially when you're coming of a surgery and haven't touched a football for two weeks, Emad Mohammed or even Mohammed Nassar should've started instead. Nashat didn't show up today too and didn't create many chances but then against when lose a man early on it's hard to maintain the midfield, I hope he's ok and that injury isn't serious. Hawar was the only one who played well and created chances early on.

I'm so disappointed and I don't expect much now vs. Oman or Kuwait. Both teams looked good in that first game and I wouldn't be surprised if both teams advance out of group A. Al-Habsi is a ****ing giant between the posts! Anyways, I don't know if we can rebound and address our horrible defending and the non-presence of the midfield in 3 days. Congrats to Bahrain they were the better team today and earned it.

I'm in the U.S.
i detest younis with all my heart, and the stories i have heard about him and the way ive seen him act (the team has come to australia etc.) i cant take him seriously and find it disgraceful that hes captain.

as for the midfield what was going on there. nashat was a defensive mid, he could barely keep the ball, qusay was losing it everytime he got it, the right winger whos name i forgot haidar, abbas or something like that, whats he doing.

emad should have started hes got pace and is willing to take on players, much like hawar who you're right was the best player for us/

i watched the madrid match first so i didnt see all the iraq game. i got abused to high hell when i told my iraqi friends that. but comeon, robben or younis mahmood p

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2009, 07:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Group A games will be played at Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex [Muscat] and group B games will be played at Al-Shurta Stadium [Wataba].
thanks mate.

after i watched the 2 games yesterday(group a), the stadium looked so nice but unfortunately it wasn`t a full of audience as i had predicted to see in this tournament. of course most of them were Oman`s fans who left the game before Iraq vs Bahrain kick off.
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2009, 08:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

regarding to Sundday`s games, i think they weren`t so exciting.
i can say Bahrain vs Iraq was a bit better in some events. i.e, it was more open, more real chances and yea Bahrain deserved it.

Kuwait lost the 3 pts when their striker 3ajb wasted at least 3 goals in the 2nd half. i know most Kuwait fans really were upset from these wasted chances.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2009, 08:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Monday games:

UAE vs Yemen @ 2:00 pm
Saudi Arabia vs Qatar @ 4:15 pm gmt
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2009, 11:53
Gracies, Turkiye!
Legend

Teams: Un Crit Valent
Quote:
It's supposed to be a Khaleeji tournament which doesn't make sense because Iran lies on the Gulf as well but then they wanted to make it strictly "Arabs" and stamped "Arabian" on the title. They should get rid of the whole "Gulf" thing and include Shami countries [Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria] as well and maybe call it "The Peace in the Middle East Cup" or something corny like that. p
One people, one umma.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2009, 12:39
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona
as a Kuwaiti, this tournamnet means a lot to us, we already won 9 out of 18 p "sounding like a madridesta already" LOL!

anyway, last night game Kuwait team showed the Kuwaiti players mentality are truely to be admired, with all these bullshit going around them, and FIFA kicking us out not so long ago, to get back in for only 6 month, and get ready for this one with the menemum of work.
I was so damn proud, Oman was the better team in all those jackass's journalists lists, and they was talking not about who will win, but how many Oman will score!?
it got us pissed out a lot, still last night anyone who saw the game knows which was the better team, even Oman had a good game and controlled the most of it, Kuwait was the team who missed 5 sitters and got one goal disallowed!

Ahmad Ajab "who is btw the world goal scorer" got his worse days for ages, he missed 3 one-on-one and got the best of ALHabsy out with that save on the header.

I'm putting my faith in this team, we just need a better coach, someone like Matchalla, who is Bahrain coach, and was Kuwait coach back in 1996, 1998 tournamnets which we won with ease
and this team got a promesing talent in it, and I wish this time Kuwait FA don't fvck it up big time and screw our next generation as they did to Olympic team of 2000 in Sydny..

about Iraq and Bahrain game, to be honest its a shame to watch Iraq team looks like punch of cvnts last night, its a shame when you know these guys just won the ASIAN CUP less than a year ago, and they just didn't show no heart to even wanting to do something.
in the other hand Bahrain just showed they are coming to get thier one, the CUP that they never won, they want thier name on that Trophy no matter what and who is standing in thier face.
having a coach like Matchalla who knows the Gulf teams one by one, coached Kuwait, Saudi and Oman, which he created the base of Oman, the team that almost win this the past two times losing to the hosts both in Qatar and UAE, in the final game.
it helps that Bahrain get far in this and get a vote as winning it.

today we'll see Saudi, UAE and Qatar, with Yaman who isn't favourit in doing nothing because they aren't tough enough with do all respect to them.

this Gulf tournament have a big space in our hearts people in the GULF it gave us a lot of memories, it gave us a lot of great players, great coachs, and great relationship between us in the GULF.
I still the game between Kuwait and Iraq in 1976 in DOHA "QATAR" which was the final game, and Kuwait winning it 4-2 with Abdullaziz ALAnbiry goal in the last minute.
still remember Iraq winning it in Baghdad, still remember a lot like Saudi first win.

Gulf teams improved a lot thank to this tournement, and I wish it stay like this and AFF don't fvck it up, nor FIFA.

and btw: the days of winning by 5's and 7's is long gone, there is no team bigger than the others, everyone showed a big improvement over the years..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in