Whats up with Jordan? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:15 Thread Starter
Rookie

Whats up with Jordan?

So what is up with the jordanian football team? Are they replacing Gohary? Are they bringing in new players? What is going on? I mean we made it to the Asian Quarter Finals 2004 and almost into the World Cup with Gohary, but all of a sudden we suck. We lost against Emirates and Oman and didn't even make it to the Asian Championship this year. Iraq who won the championship played against Jordan a month before the Asian games began and the game ended 1-1, I mean what is up with that? We can equalise against the Asian champions and can't even make it to the Asian Games. I get so PISSED OFF sometimes. I really hope that the team has something planned for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. Gohary said that the team wasn't ready for the last World Cup, what about now? Are we ready yet? I really hope that Jordan will make it to the world cup this time, because making it to the world cup is more worth than winning the Asian Championship. PLEASE GOD, PLEASE GOHARY and PLEASE THE JORDANIAN TEAM, HELP US. WE DON'T SUCK THAT MUCH. WE HAVE A TRAINER THAT SEEMS TO BE A LEGEND AND WE HAVE GOOD PLAYERS. If we combine these two we should then have a descent team, at least good enough to make it to the world cup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 00:05 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well Mahmoud El-Gohary is leaving Jordan according to todays issue of the Jordan Times so now we have to wait and see who will be the new head coach. I really hope that they manage to find someone good on such short notice. I think it is about time that they change Gohary even though he did do really well with the team in the beginning but lately he hasn't been any good. I hope that they will find someone that is at least just as good as him.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2007, 19:50
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
I heard Vingada is coming but as the previous stories it seems only a rumore. I am so pessimistic about the next WC qualifiers.

Vamos Argentina!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 04:45 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I have also heard about Vingada. I know that he recently signed a contract with Moroccan club Al-Weydad, but that he resigned to take on the position as coach of the jordanian team, but that is only a rumour so far. I don't know if this is good or bad. His resumé don't seem to be too impressive, but who knows. What do you think? I have also heard another rumour that french coach Philippe Troussier might take on the position as Jordans new coach. His resumé is more impressive. He coached South Africa in 98 World Cup and he also took Japan to World Cup 2002 and he won the Asian Cup with Japan in 2000 and came second in the confiderations cup. He has coached big clubs and also big national teams. I don't know more about these guys but if the decision was up to me I would have chosen Philippe Troussier, because he has played in 2 World Cups and won a continental Cup and he also seems better. But that is my opinion. What do you guys think?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 10:51
Forum Manager
Legend

I think any well-known Arabic coach would do. I would go for Nizar Mahrous!

Vamos Argentina!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 20:14 Thread Starter
Rookie

I think that Jordan should hire this Troussier guy if they want to have a chance to play in the world cup. Not a mediocre coach, because a mediocre coach and a mediocre team, means BAD playing. They need a good coach. Because we have seen that Jordan has potential and the only thing they need is a good coach to push them. I can bet that Iraq would not have won the Asian Cup unless they had the brazilian coach. And they won't qualify to the World Cup because he has left them. I really hope that Jordan makes the right choice, and please if anyone hears any news, keep us updated.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2007, 10:23
Forum Manager
Legend

The problem is that any coach will come will have to make sure we beat this stan team and the game is in October!

Vamos Argentina!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2007, 11:44
Forum Manager
Legend

France Press said today that Vingada is arriving Amman next week to sign a 16 months contract with the NT. 25000 a month. It seems official.

Arnaldo will be his assistance and Ayman Haroon is his national assistance and translator.

Vamos Argentina!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2007, 19:55 Thread Starter
Rookie

Is this good or bad? He seems to be a good coach but he failed on his last mission to take the Egyptian team to the Olympics in Beijing next year. I really hope that he will be able to coach the Jordanian team through the world cup qualifiers. He has won the Asian Cup and also the Egyptian league before, so this means that he has some skills. Time will tell and according to the JFA website, the team has a match against bahrain in a few weeks. This won't tell us much since he hasn't even started to train the team yet. But could you please post the link for this announcement? If there is a link of course.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 11:53
Forum Manager
Legend

I read in the newspapers yesterday. Al-Ghad and Al-Rai.

Vamos Argentina!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 16:41 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah it is official, Nelo Vingada is the new coach for the Jordanian Football team. They announced it on the Jordanian Football Association website. I really hope that he will do great work with the team and take us to the World Cup. Good luck Nelo.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2007, 12:46
Forum Manager
Legend

After tomorrow is our game against Bahrain. Good chance to take a close look at the players he "heard" about.

Until next game against this Stan team he will have a good chance to follow the league games and maybe pick a different group of players.

Vamos Argentina!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2007, 03:00 Thread Starter
Rookie

We won, 3-1. That is a very good result actually. Bahrain is not a bad team, they were very close to qualify to the World Cup last year. But this is very good, if we can beat Bahrain then it means that we can beat Kyrgyzstan. We just have to wait and see.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2007, 03:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Thaer Al-Bawab is going to join the team for the game against "the stans"

Vamos Argentina!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 00:23
Forum Manager
Legend

He finally realised that he has no chance of playing with Spain. International level is also important for a player who wants to be noticed.

I read it in Al-Alrai newspaper yesterday but they mentioned that he is a RM player which in fact he is back to Barca B.

Abdallah Deeb Al-Wihdat and Jordan NT player took off to Bahrain to sign a proffessional deal with Al-Muharaq for 100.000 USD and 4000 USD monthly salary plus other shit. He is 18 years old. Al-Wihdat got nothing out of this deal as they refused to release the player before so they screwed themselves up big time.

Vamos Argentina!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 00:26
Forum Manager
Legend

أعلن الجهاز الفني للمنتخب الوطني لكرة القدم أسماء 28 لاعباً سيدخلون في معسكر داخلي اعتباراً من يوم الأربعاء 3-10-2007.

وتضم قائمة اللاعبين: لؤي العمايرة، عامر شفيع، محمد شطناوي، فيصل إبراهيم، بشار بني ياسين، محمد خميس، حاتم عقل، باسم فتحي، منيف عبابنة، قصي أبو عالية، حسن عبدالفتاح، عامر ذيب، حسونة الشيخ، أحمد عبدالحليم، خالد سعد، عبدالله ذيب، عوض راغب، محمود شلباية، مؤيد أبو كشك، ماجد محمود، بهاء عبدالرحمن، أحمد هايل، مهند محارمة، شادي أبو هشهش، رأفت علي، سراج التل وعدي الصيفي.

ويضاف إلى هذه القائمة المهاجم ثائر البواب، والذي سينضم للفريق في الفترة القادمة.

وأشار المدير الفني نيلو فينجادا إلى أن هذه القائمة تم اختيارها من خلال متابعة المباريات التي أقيمت لغاية الآن في الدوري الممتاز وبطولتي كأس الاتحاد الآسيوي ودوري أبطال العرب.

وشدد فينجادا على تمسكه بمبدأ الباب المفتوح في إضافة أي لاعب يبرز في المباريات القادمة، أو أي لاعب تقتضي الحاجة ضمه للفريق.

Vamos Argentina!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 00:28
Forum Manager
Legend

5 players from the Olympic team, two players from the U-20, one new face in Majid Mahmoud and we know the rest.

Vamos Argentina!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2007, 10:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Vingada seems to be a weird dude! He excluded Abu Kishek and Abu Alia, Faisaly's best players, Ahmed Abd Al-Haleem one of the best modern LB in the region. He did not call Ahmad Hatamla even though he is the best player in the league right now and yet he calls Al-Bawab who plays for Barca B and never seen him before!

However, a couple of house and our game against Qirgestan will commence, lets hope for the best!

Vamos Argentina!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 02:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Krgyswhatnow? Surprising result.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 04:38 Thread Starter
Rookie

WHAT THE F HAPPENED? HOW THE HELL COULD WE LOSE TO KYRGYZSTAN? They are SO bad. WHAT THE F!!! What does jordan have to do now so that they dont drop out of the WC qualification. Do they have to win 3-0 or what? I hope that something does happen otherwise it is BULLSHIT. And me who believed in this Vingada.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in