HOW COME ? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2007, 18:01 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: INTER,PALESTINE,UAE
HOW COME ?

In all arabic countries i see young people who play in the streets football and football is the most pop thing here in arabic countries....looking at those young kids i get amazed by theyre talent simply amazing...its in all arab countries i have been too. But when it comes to real proffesional football were simply horrible.

Interista <3 Palestine.

Thank you, Massimo Moratti. Thank you so much. Number one Inter fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2007, 23:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
First: It is not about how talented you are as a kid, how you develope and progress as a footballer technically and mentally is what makes great footballers what they are.

Second: The enviroment in most Arabic countries is just so backwards to have a developed football. Affecting those kids by putting them down every time they see a son of some big time official in the country taking their place in a prestigous club.

Third: Arabic clubs do not have the required youth trainers to develope those kids.

Fourth: Even if a kid somehow was super talented, he will end playing in a shyte league which will not help him develope and progress and actually the vice versa what usually happens.

P.S: If Arabic countries give a rat's arse about football or sports in general, you would find kids playing in the street from the very biggening.

Vamos Argentina!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2007, 08:35
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona
ufff.....this is a nice topic, and a one where you will not get a definite answer.

I agree with Pooh and what he said. I will add one more thing, is that football generaly 'ma bita3mi khobiz' as we say. I am talking from what I know in Jordan. Only of recent that I see some changes. Only a couple of years ago that football has become a profession here in Jordan. Before that, our footballers had other jobs, jobs that paid better than playing football. And the jobs I am talking about are jobs like cab drivers, security guards, hotel clercs, etc.....

Plus we should remember that it's always easier to blame the ones in higher positions, when sometimes (well maybe most of the times), the players themselves are the ones who are unprofessional. Almost every player wants to go on the easy way, no one wants to push himself an extra bit, so they go on thinking cheating the coach, or cheating the FA is smart. When at the end they're cheating themselves.

But then when I say stuff like this, I wonder why players act this way, and I realise that because there aren't enough incentives, and that the FA acts in a bad unprofessional way. So as we see we it's a vicious circle. It's easy to blame this and that, but the real task to do something about this.

At the moment the Jordanian FA has made drastic changes towards improving upon this, and many other things aswell in football. HRH Prince Ali is doing an amazing and honest job. We must be patient, changes will come, but we need time, these things take alot of years. If you ask any Jordanian who follows football about the last 5 years, he will definately tell you that football has improved ALOT. And I believe there is still room for improvement.

The 3 basic elements are money honesty and patience.

I think we'll see football in Arab countries boom, but it won't be this year or the next one. Maybe in 10 to 15 years, but it will happen.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2007, 15:44
International

True, I see that all the time and very amazed!

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2007, 16:05
Forum Manager
Star Player

Assim could you add 'parri yegar' to your signature?

It's how you say welcome in my language, Armenian
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2007, 19:25 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: INTER,PALESTINE,UAE
not sure true or not but i read it somewere i the past that in the jordanian league anyone who plays for a foreign league wouldnt be allowed to play in the NT.
if thats the case in jordan :undecide: pretty dumb
but not sure if its true or not

Interista <3 Palestine.

Thank you, Massimo Moratti. Thank you so much. Number one Inter fan.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2007, 08:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed_inter
not sure true or not but i read it somewere i the past that in the jordanian league anyone who plays for a foreign league wouldnt be allowed to play in the NT.
if thats the case in jordan :undecide: pretty dumb
but not sure if its true or not
No it is not true. That would be super dumb! Hassouna and Amer who are both players in foreign leagues, are also players to the NT.

The decision was not to allow any NT players to play abroad for the period before the Asian qualifications and during it, well, it did not really change the outcome though.

Vamos Argentina!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2007, 17:17
Rookie

Teams: Juventus+Arsenal
its very true
if we go back in time
1995 u-17 world cup
the best player of the tournament was a omani
Mohammed Kathiri
he is meant to be 28 this year
and before reading up on this tournament
i knew nothing of this player
what happened to him after all these years?
well definitely he didnt develop his skills and ended up in a s***y club and no one ever heard of him again
or he got an injury because of the rough play in these bad teams and couldnt play for the rest of his life

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in