LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 08:12 Thread Starter
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
Why are UAE so jealous of Oman?

Name:  82079974.gif
Views: 189
Size:  69.3 KB

I think that most of you guys noticed it, and I think it's too unproffesional of them to do it.

I don't know what's wrong with UAE these days, and what's their problem with Oman, it all started when when Oman faced them in the Asian Cup qualifiers and they started throwing bottles and call the Omani player names and stuff like that.
But worry not, lets them remember that Oman beat them 2-1 in the second leg match. (Revenge was served)

In the current Gulf Cup, they try to do everything to frustrate Oman in anyway, like in the opening match, they havn't let the Omani fans in to watch that match, added to that, their fans were quite dirty (honest speaking), then use to point lasers at the Omani goalkeeper twice (and in the same match Oman won 2-1, what an embarassement for UAE). :embarass:

And when Oman played against Yemen in the current Gulf Cup (UAE 2007), in the first 15 minutes of the match, they just took the grass and didn't take the match, nobody could watch the match nicely on TV, and when Oman's goal came, they stopped the replay and showed the ball in the net when a goal comes so that we can't see, and if it was a technical problem then why did they show all the goal nicely in all the channels in the next day, that shows and proves it was done intentionally to frustate the fans.

Another thing, Oman will face Bahrain both teams wear red, so the first place team has to wear their first shirt, but NO, UAE decided that Oman will play with their second color against Bahrain and it's suppose to be the opposite. What a pity.

As most of them think, UAE are jealous because Omani football has evolved through the past years, and Oman overcomed them by beating them in Asian Cup qualifers despite losing in the first leg, Oman beat them in the previous Gulf Cup in Qatar, and Oman beat them in this Gulf Cup at their ground in the opening match.
First Oman was one of the weakest teams in the Gulf or let's say in the Arab world, and I think the most team who used to lose, but thank god Oman have evolved quickly and making history according to the French press.
In Gulf Cup 14, which was hosted by Bahrain in 1998, Oman were in 4th place, and that was a good result and a sign of evolution, then in the previous Gulf Cup (Qatar 2005), Oman reached the final for the first time in their history but lost to hosts Qatar in penalties after a 1-1 draw, I don't know why that makes UAE jealous.

When UAE used to play, everyone in Oman supported them, but now who does. :thmbdown:
Sorry UAE, in football we were like friends but now we are enemies, and if Oman and UAE play eachother, it's just like war.

Let them not forget it's going to be Oman's turn later, the next Gulf Cup is going to be held in Oman in December 2008. :frustrat:

BTW, Kuwait played better than UAE and they deserved to qualify instead of UAE.

I can't believe that Oman's closest neighbors are doing this.

LOSE UAE LOSE, GO SAUDI ARABIA GO! BEAT THEM but let Oman win the Gulf Cup and give a chance to new teams to taste it.

Jealousy won't help in football.

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."

Last edited by Assim; January 27th, 2007 at 10:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 10:57
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
I would like to say this isn't true, but I can't because it is. Sadly this isn't EVERYTHING that they have done so far. They've done more things to frustrate us during this past week. I want to face them again in the final and beat their asses once again right infront of their fans (who on the other hand beated the Omani fans which travelled to watch the opening game)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 11:27
Rising Star

I live in the Uae but havent been to one match the standard of football is not that good imo:thmbdown: but all i have been hearing is that Oman play the best football and Uae just suck tbh thats why maybe??? all i know if you guys reach the final and go to face them iam gonna be there supporting you guys:smileani:

Last edited by Mista Moe; January 27th, 2007 at 23:51.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 11:50 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Madrid
I would like to say this isn't true, but I can't because it is. Sadly this isn't EVERYTHING that they have done so far. They've done more things to frustrate us during this past week. I want to face them again in the final and beat their asses once again right infront of their fans (who on the other hand beated the Omani fans which travelled to watch the opening game)
I prefer facing Saudi Arabia, remember what happened when we faced host Qatar in the final back in 2005, it's going to be all against us, and if we face UAE, they will do everything just so that Oman can't win.
Sad isn't it.

It was not only in the opening match, they didn't let some Omani fans in the stadium, and if we face them in the final then they will take about 99% of the stadium for their fans.

One more thing, they use to call Oman and insult player in a RACIST way.

They did lot more, it's too much even I can't remember.

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."

Last edited by Assim; January 27th, 2007 at 11:58.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 11:54 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Moe
I live in the Uae but havent been to one match that standard of football is not that good imo:thmbdown: but all i have been hearing is that Oman play the best football and Uae just suck tbh that why maybe??? all i know if you guys reach the final and go to face them iam gonna be there supporting you guys:smileani:
It's great to hear it from you.
But first we have to defeat Bahrain in today's semi-final.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 18:36 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assim
It's great to hear it from you.
But first we have to defeat Bahrain in today's semi-final.
And we actually did alhamdullilah, and inshallah Oman will defeat UAE in the final. Ameen.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 18:51
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
Allah ysam7ek...

No doubt it'll be a heated finale, with an atmosphere of a derby for sure! I don't think there's going to be cheating. No way, out of the question.

thakarnee ba3d el nehaayah.

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 18:54 Thread Starter
International

I hope there will be no cheating and I hope Oman will win it. (Inshallah)
Name:  17b60daa72.bmp
Views: 181
Size:  20.6 KB

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2007, 23:57
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assim
And we actually did alhamdullilah, and inshallah Oman will defeat UAE in the final. Ameen.
Good luck and will be there to cheer you on
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 02:02
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
I do not think the reasons you have mentioned are nearly or even close enough to acusse UAE with jealousy of Oman. I am sorry but this shit happens day in day out even locally.

Lame reasons to be honest.

Vamos Argentina!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 19:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Oh , no one can blame u if these reasons are true .
I don`t wanna say u r right or wrong . But , if these things were really happened , it will be so shameful !!

I haven`t hear that be4 in during the tournament .
Anyway , I hope to see clean match between u and UAE in the final .
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 18:09 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
I do not think the reasons you have mentioned are nearly or even close enough to acusse UAE with jealousy of Oman. I am sorry but this shit happens day in day out even locally.

Lame reasons to be honest.
It's all true, if it isn't jealously, then it's bad-hearted.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 12:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
I did not say that it is not true, actually I have no idea about the whole thing.It is just the reasons themselves seem more like a pre-excuse for you guys losing the cup.

Vamos Argentina!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 16:08 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
I did not say that it is not true, actually I have no idea about the whole thing.It is just the reasons themselves seem more like a pre-excuse for you guys losing the cup.
We were very confident in winning, we reached the final for the second time in a row but still we were just unlucky.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 17:26
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
I wonder if the UAE fans are still jealous.

Just an innocent question, not trying to stir things up or provoke anyone.

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 17:39 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhizoid
I wonder if the UAE fans are still jealous.

Just an innocent question, not trying to stir things up or provoke anyone.
They got what they want, who knows what they think of us.

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2007, 07:38
Rising Star

Teams: Saudi NT and Hilal
Assim,

First of all I'm sorry you lost the championship. But as for what you listed above, its nothing. The GC has always been one of the dirtiest tournaments in the world. every possible weapon is used, and every below the belt punch was used in every single tournament. Sheikh Fahad Al-Ahmad (allah yerhamuh) was a mastermind in conspiracies in the Seventies and Eighties to the point that he used two horses that were vital in the defense of Kuwait against raiding Saudi tribes 100 years ago as the Emblem of the 1990 GC. The Saudi FA approached him trying to convince him that it is not proper and that they should change the emblem, no use. The Saudis did not want to be part of these psychologic games and rightly withdrew from the tournament. There are dozens of other examples of really dirty play and withdrawals but honestly, nothing tops what happened in 1990.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2007, 09:25 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dossary
Assim,

First of all I'm sorry you lost the championship. But as for what you listed above, its nothing. The GC has always been one of the dirtiest tournaments in the world. every possible weapon is used, and every below the belt punch was used in every single tournament. Sheikh Fahad Al-Ahmad (allah yerhamuh) was a mastermind in conspiracies in the Seventies and Eighties to the point that he used two horses that were vital in the defense of Kuwait against raiding Saudi tribes 100 years ago as the Emblem of the 1990 GC. The Saudi FA approached him trying to convince him that it is not proper and that they should change the emblem, no use. The Saudis did not want to be part of these psychologic games and rightly withdrew from the tournament. There are dozens of other examples of really dirty play and withdrawals but honestly, nothing tops what happened in 1990.
Yeah, that's true, but UAE were so dirty when they just play against us even if it was a friendly, but I think they will stop, they got what they wanted.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2007, 16:31
Rookie

Teams: Juventus+Arsenal
im not gonna throw out any allegations but the referee seemed very one sided(uae)
my reasons:
1.the line referee called for a throw in for oman the referee(i have no idea how?reversed the decision)
2.this referee(i think) refereed the match between usa and italy and gave an italian player a red card for the same dirty trick that a emarati player did on imad al hosni(elbow to the face) except this was a lot worse since the player looked back before hitting imad
3.again on poor imad al hosni a boot to the side(lifted leg as in the emarati players leg was raised to the foul). official fifa rules state that that is an immediate card and foul.not even a foul
the linesmen were pretty rubbish too 2 offsides that were clearly not and WERE NOT were given as offsides to oman and an offside that emarat commited was given a play on and could have created a goal
the same player that was kicked out in the opening match h.saeed commited a two legged foul and that was why he was sent off this game not even a yellow
now im not drawing any conclusions these were my observations. just saying that the referees were rubbish
asdf
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2007, 20:10 Thread Starter
International

An Emarati person said that he is so happy and angry at the same time, he said his happy UAE won, and is angry on how UAE acted infront of Oman.
He said Oman were the cleanest team in the competition, and he said I won't be supportive but to say the truth, UAE were fighting with the ref and shouting at him, even the MANAGERS, yes even the MANAGERS after the opening match which Oman won, and now that UAE have won, see how much respect the Omani NT gave us and congratulated the players and didn't say a word to the ref although he made lots of mistakes.
He said it's true that UAE won the cup, but Oman deserved it too.
He also said I bet that Omanis already felt what UAE done to them and how they tried to frustrate them and he said that he feels sorry for what happened and he wishes if UAE were a bit cleaner.

MY MESSAGE TO UAE:
Enjoy the cup for two years, and then it will come to Oman for the 2008 Gulf Cup and it will STAY there for a long long time I hope.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in