nations that can host World Cup (single host) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 08:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

nations that can host World Cup (single host)

Asia:
Saudi Arabia
I think other Gulf nations cannot host World Cup alone as lack of large capacities stadia

Africa:
Egypt
Libya
Tunisia
Morocco
(bid for 2010 before)
don't know about Algeria...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 09:22
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
It would be so cool if Saudi Arabia could host the World Cup.. I can travel from Oman to Saudi Arabia and watch the Final

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 13:00
Premier Player
International

Teams: Liverpool & England
Wasn't there a requirement of at least 6 stadioums with 30k+ capacities?

If so I don't think we have them.. I know King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, Dammam Stadium and Al Sharayi' in Makkah have 30+ seaters.. Jeddah Stadium and Al Malaz in Riyadh are below 30k if I'm not mistaken..

Ya I'd love to have it here.. but I think it's much easier said than done..

Best Regards,

Yasir

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2006, 13:13
International

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasir
Wasn't there a requirement of at least 6 stadioums with 30k+ capacities?

If so I don't think we have them.. I know King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh, Dammam Stadium and Al Sharayi' in Makkah have 30+ seaters.. Jeddah Stadium and Al Malaz in Riyadh are below 30k if I'm not mistaken..

Ya I'd love to have it here.. but I think it's much easier said than done..
Yes, I think it's going to be very hard to do it :undecide:

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2006, 04:06
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
single host, I don't know
But Jorand and Iraq asked for World cup 2018?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2006, 05:22
Rising Star

Egypt and Morocco are the only ones that could host the WC, if all necessary improvements in infra-structure, stadiums and security were implemented. There is a lot more to be done to host a WC than just building/having good stadiums.

I can't see Saudi Arabia hosting it even if all the infra-structure was there because I can't see them receiving millions of tourists that wouldn't want to adapt to the local rules while staying in the country. Same problem with Iran (I know Iran is not an Arabic country though).
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2006, 15:02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLF
I can't see Saudi Arabia hosting it even if all the infra-structure was there because I can't see them receiving millions of tourists that wouldn't want to adapt to the local rules while staying in the country. Same problem with Iran (I know Iran is not an Arabic country though).
true.they can get the infastructure easily but i cant imagine samba girls dancing in the stadium in riyadh.the gulf nation i see closest to hosting it are qatar.they are hosting the asian games this year and are bidding for the 2015 asian cup.but if they host the world cup,i think theyd have to do a joint hosting with UAE.its the only country near them that can accept the event culturally and has the resources.Egypt and Morroco and Tunisia could pull off single hostings
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 05:15
Star Player

Pardon gentlemen but i don't think Saudi Arabia or many of the teams in the middle east can host the world cup seeing that many of them don't acknowledge Israel as a country. What would be the case if Israel made the WC? The African Arabian countries are probably legible to host it, but i'm not sure about Arabian countries in the Middle East. I would personally love to see the World Cup in Morocco.....i'd be there if it was
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 06:18
World Class Player

Most African and ME teams will never have a fair shot at hosting the WC (no matter what that moron Blatter says, the choice will be always biased).

Why? Simply because of the weather.

Half of Africa gets constant rain all summer long, and the other half gets 40+ degrees weather (ever wonder why the ACN is never played in the summer?)...

You think the Euro footballers who moan about Chelsea's pitch conditions (boy, are they in for a surprise if they ever play in Africa), will take the scorching heat?

No way... Morocco has a massive advantage over all ME countries because of their weather, and of course because of proximity to Europe.

Infrastructure wise, stadiums, etc.. That all can be done and is not a big deal compared to the weather.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 15:06
totally innocent
Premier Player

Teams: Ittihad
The world cup is particularly demanding. It's harder to host than the Olympics IMO. First of all the infrastructure demands are huge: 8x 40k+ stadia and 2x 60k+ with no more than 2 venues per host city. Then you have the issue that the host country has to be tourism friendly (infrastructure, culture, etc..) and also have a competitive team. The weather isn't an issue. South Africa 2010 will be held in the coldest of winter, and Japan Korea 2002 was held in the rainy season.

No Arabic country can fulfill those requirements, maybe Morocco and Egypt can at a stretch (emphasis on the word stretch). What gives them a chance is the fact the rest of Africa isn't better in that respect. The Asians have a tougher task. Emirates? Qatar? No way.

Of course it would be a dream come true. Maybe if in 20 years we're freed from the grip of the bearded loonies we might have a chance.

Obituary

Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 17:16
Star Player

is there a possiblity of doing like a joint country world cup. I was hoping one day, if political issues were done there would be something like a Israel-Lebanon WC hosting, kind of like the euro 2008 with Swiss-Austrian euro
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 06:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
If it's about the weather then I think Jordan and Syria can host the WC. As for meeting the rest of the demands, leave it 3ala allah

Vamos Argentina!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 07:49
World Class Player

5'aleeha bel baraka.. .. Thats the only way to do things ..
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 08:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
[..] ele fo2 bedo ye3mel elWC m3 lebanon, one day y3ni, akid nasrallah ra7 yi7t tobo b temo w yerkod 3alihon la2eno elzalameh ktir mhtm f elmawdo3 7'ososn ma3hm, yama yama yama

Vamos Argentina!

Last edited by HiJazzey; February 20th, 2006 at 12:56.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 19:29
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
el7omar ele fo2 bedo ye3mel elWC m3 lebanon, one day y3ni, akid nasrallah ra7 yi7t tobo b temo w yerkod 3alihon la2eno elzalameh ktir mhtm f elmawdo3 7'ososn ma3hm, yama yama yama
Lool, bas Pooh, Derbalak
ana 3malt nas fel 7arka ele enta 3maltha
enk tekob 3arbi 3alshan ma yfham
bas eli Ana Kont aklmo kan befham 3arbi.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 12:55
totally innocent
Premier Player

Pooh,

La ta5oth al maw9ou3 fi hatha al ittijah.

Obituary

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 12:57
totally innocent
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabry
5'aleeha bel baraka.. .. Thats the only way to do things ..
My motto has always been "mashi 7alak"

Obituary

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 04:57
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE!
is there a possiblity of doing like a joint country world cup. I was hoping one day, if political issues were done there would be something like a Israel-Lebanon WC hosting, kind of like the euro 2008 with Swiss-Austrian euro

FIFA already said they don't want joint bids any more.

You're right about the problem with many Arabian countries not recognizing Israel. In this aspect Egypt is in a good position to host the competition although I am not sure if they would be in conditions to provide security for the Israelis and for the tourists in the tournament.

The truth is that nowadays only a few countries are capable of hosting the WC.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2006, 04:33
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLF
The truth is that nowadays only a few countries are capable of hosting the WC.
yea i certainly agree with you, not just because of political problems, but like many others have said, the requirements to host the World Cup is really outrageous!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in