Will Ittihad Jeddah register 3 new players? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:13 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Will Ittihad Jeddah register 3 new players?

I just read that the Saudi FA will modify their rules* to allow Ittihad to field 3 extra foreigners (total 6) in the World club championship next month.

Is this really true?

* FIFA's rules state that the squad list for participating teams must be in line with the rules of their local federations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2005, 13:44
totally innocent
Premier Player

Teams: Ittihad
Machinations of the press rumour mill.

Obituary

Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2005, 00:01
totally innocent
Premier Player

Unfortunately, it looks like they might . 3 Brazilian players arrived in Jeddah this evening. Some reward to the likes of Adnan Fallatah and Manaf Abushgeir. That's the thanks they get for their heroic performances. Replaced by a bunch of journeymen.

Mansour is cheapening the value of the club. @[email protected]##[email protected]@!

Obituary

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2005, 03:31
Rookie

Al-Ittihad NEED these players in order to raise their rates and performance, these experienced brazillian players will for sure add something positive for the team in the Clubs World Cup (Toyota Cup) . However, the saudi federation allows only 3 foreign players to play in a league match, so its unlimited for the team to sign players. but only 3 of them are allowed to play.

Best wishes to Al-Ittihad ...

YAKOLAK !
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:04 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Well, Ahly also NEED Ronaldinho and Essien to raise their rates and performance. Football, however, doesn't and shouldn't work that way. The match loses its significance when its between temporarily patched teams.

In any case, I'd be happy if they play. There's a good chance they won't have anytime to assimilate with the rest of the team.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2005, 17:23
totally innocent
Premier Player

Hi there Ayman,

First of all welcome to the forum. Good to see another Ittihadi around here

My understanding of the rules is that 4 foreign players can be signed, but only 3 can be registered for domestic competitions. In any case, while obviously I would to see us field as strong a team as possible, you don't do it by borrowing players just for the tournament, and you certainly don't do it by bending (or changing) the rules.

Obituary

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 12:48
International

Quote:
Mansour is cheapening the value of the club
glad to c u thinking this way ......

but actually its not the first time ur NT or a club bend the rules before facing an egyptian team :thmbdown: u remember the ref. u bribed in 1999 ... ofcourse u do

now ur team again trying to bend the rules .... its not new but this indicates isa that we'll defeat u even if u have registred adriano and ronaldo !

ur actions r embaressing ... u have loads of money but assigning them in a faaaaar stupid methods and disgusting ones

u loaned kallon for 5 million $ plus his wage !!!!!!! looooooooooooool really pathetic

Summer wishlist [/U]
-CR/Kaka/Ribery
-Villa
-Xabi will go to Real Madrid
-Agger
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 13:28
totally innocent
Premier Player

What I find pathetic is your post. Bribing the ref? You were thrashed, you were losing even before any card was taken out. Face it, take loss like a man. I don't make excuses when my team loses.

Obituary

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 14:15
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany
Ittihad vs. Al-Ahly
the winner Congratulations and the loser Hard luck.
Both made it to the world Cup. and thats the Important thing.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 18:26
Rising Star

I dont see whats wrong with signing new players for this tournament. Ittihad Djeddah are not sure assured of reaching it again and its a good chance to establish their presence and reputation on a world scale. While I'd rather see local Saudi players being showcased, I cannot blame Ittihad Djeddah for wanting to re-inforce their team with some Brazilian players. In the end, people will remember the team name and not the player faces (or names).
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 22:05
International

Quote:
What I find pathetic is your post. Bribing the ref? You were thrashed, you were losing even before any card was taken out. Face it, take loss like a man. I don't make excuses when my team loses
whut u r implying that the fu**** paraguaian ref. wasn't bribed lol which is completley absurd :S !!!! u r denying a fact

do u know that the ref. was banned after discovering a 3 million $ bribe !!!!!!
u could have done this with bolivia or with whoever but u were facing egypt one of the gr8est country in arab world ....or the main country

expected from u !!!!

Summer wishlist [/U]
-CR/Kaka/Ribery
-Villa
-Agger
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 01:31
totally innocent
Premier Player

If he was bribed and banned on the back of it, it would be a huge scandal that is sure to raise attention. If you can find me a single article (both official or even media) corroborating your wild accusations then maybe I can believe you otherwise it's just sour grapes.

Obituary

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 09:59 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarks
I dont see whats wrong with signing new players for this tournament. Ittihad Djeddah are not sure assured of reaching it again and its a good chance to establish their presence and reputation on a world scale. While I'd rather see local Saudi players being showcased, I cannot blame Ittihad Djeddah for wanting to re-inforce their team with some Brazilian players. In the end, people will remember the team name and not the player faces (or names).
There is a problem with signing new players. As far as I know, the 3 players were signed after Nov. 11th, the deadline to send the WCC squad list to FIFA.

But thats besides the point, I was only asking because I heard that the Saudi FA accepted to register the players only on a condition that they dont participate in local competitions. That is, because Ittihad now have 6 foreigners instead of the max allowed 3 for all other Saudi teams.

I personally wouldn't want Ahly to do this, because by the same token Ahly could have temporarily signed Zidan, Hosny Abd Rabo, and Ahmed Hassan for this match.. But are those really Ahly players? I would have wanted to see a 100% Ahly vs 100% Ittihad team, and may the best team win.

As for bribing and not bribing referees in 1999, thats something no one can verify and no one can make a claim about.. I personally haven't heard of him being banned. I think the 3 red cards were extremely harsh, but some refs are just plain stupid you never know. The only fishy thing about this specific match was that the Egyptian delegation received the match sheet with empty referee names before the match (for some reason, the referees weren't known at the time), which shouldn't have happened in an official competition like this.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 21:36 Thread Starter
World Class Player

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 00:32
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabry
:eekani: :eekani:

Sometimes i wonder how this team is not the BEST in the world. I heard they even offered 5 million euros to loan Eto'o for the games. I wonder if Roy Keane will accept, he can make some good money from it.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 14:37
Mesopotamian
Premier Player

Teams: Iraq & Germany

Ittihad new players
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 14:14
International

I hope a day comes and u ppl stop performing ur dirty games and cheats !!!

isa we'll beat u fair and square with or without ur new players ....u should win the dirtiest tactics award :thmbdown:

0 morals and ethics ....10/10 cheating , dirty games and tactics

roy keane is not joining ur team lol ... he's not stupid to lower his name in soccer

Summer wishlist [/U]
-CR/Kaka/Ribery
-Villa
-Agger

Last edited by Raulito; December 1st, 2005 at 14:26.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 14:56
Rising Star

What about Ghanaian Intl Prince Tagoe who snubbed Mainz 05 for Al Ittihad. Has he debuted??? Strange decision by him
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 15:10
totally innocent
Premier Player

he had his debut 2 days ago.

Obituary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in