Match for Peace in Camp Nou
FC Barcelona will play a combined team made up of Israeli and Palestinian players, called 'The Peace Team' on November 29 in Camp Nou in a game to promote peace in the Middle East.
The match is an initiative by the Fundació Ernest Lluch, the Peres Centre for Peace, the Fundació FC Barcelona and also the Generalitat de Catalunya.
In the press conference to announce the details of the encounter, held in the Auditorium of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Margarita Obiols, Secretary of Institutional Relations for the Generalitat de Catalunya, Lluis Bassat, President of the Organising Committe for the game, Albert Vicens, Vice-President of Institutional Relations for FC Barcelona, Alon Beer, the Director of the Sports Unit at the Peres Centre for Peace, and Khader Abid, the Director of the Sports Unit at the Abu Assuker Centre for Peace and Dialogue in Palestine, were all present.
The aims of the match
- To develop bonds of friendship, comprehension and respect between the Isreali and Palestinian communities, showing what can unite them away from conflict.
- To help with the struggle for peace in these areas and around the world.
- To open more doors and useful contacts between Israelis and Palestinians, to advantage of lasting peace.
- To bring down the barriers of pessimistic conformism using sport as a way to bring hope and happiness.
- To raise funds to build a base for the children of Isreal and Palestine.
Tickets for the game will be available from the tickets offices at Camp Nou and through Servicaixa machines all over the city. The prices are:
Goles: 2 euros
Lateral: 5 euros
Tribuna: 9 euros
Tribuna Principal: 15 euros
* Children under 12 go in for free