Palestinian League (West Bank & Gaza Strip) - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2005, 18:31 Thread Starter
Mesopotamian
Premier Player
 
Mussav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: Civilizations'Cradle
Teams: Iraq & Germany
Posts: 1,469
Palestinian League (West Bank & Gaza Strip)

Palestinian Football League


West Bank League
Wade AL-Nes
Shabab el Am'ary
Ittihad Nables
Markaz Askar
Shabab Balata
Thagafi Tolkaram
Gabal el Mokaper
Yata
Markaz Tolkaram
Alberah
Alarabi
Alislami
Jenen
Shbab Alkhaleel
AL-Helal AL-Makdesi
Salwan
Abu dees
Hillal Areeha
Alkhedher
Sour Baher
Aldhahriah
Ahli Alkhaleel


Gaza Strip League
Ahli Alnserat
Alsdaqh
Ittihad Kanuns
Palestine
Shbab Rafah
AL-Ahli
ALzwaidh
Alshjaaeh
ALzeton AL Raiyde



the Final
West Bank League Winner vs. Gaza Strip League Winner
Mussav is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2005, 19:23
totally innocent
Premier Player
 
HiJazzey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: The south, the deep south
Teams: Ittihad
Posts: 2,227
cool. Quite a lot of teams there. When do they start?

Obituary


Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006


HiJazzey is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2005, 21:38
Legend
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Posts: 17,861
Which is the team from Nablus? I should support them as my favourite Palestinian is from there (and Jerusalem).

Out beyond ideas
of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
Rumi


All I possess in the presence of death
is pride and fury
Mahmoud Darwish
Natalya is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2005, 21:57
totally innocent
Premier Player
 
HiJazzey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: The south, the deep south
Teams: Ittihad
Posts: 2,227
I would assume Ittihad Nablus is

Obituary


Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006


HiJazzey is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 11:25 Thread Starter
Mesopotamian
Premier Player
 
Mussav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: Civilizations'Cradle
Teams: Iraq & Germany
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJazzey
cool. Quite a lot of teams there. When do they start?
I think 9 September.
Mussav is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 11:26 Thread Starter
Mesopotamian
Premier Player
 
Mussav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: Civilizations'Cradle
Teams: Iraq & Germany
Posts: 1,469
By the way where is Al-Aqsa Club & Al-Quds Club?
Mussav is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2005, 16:58
Legend
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Posts: 17,861
Oh duh! I was looking at that list for ages. My only defence can be that it was Ittihad Nables instead of Nablus :embarass:

Out beyond ideas
of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
Rumi


All I possess in the presence of death
is pride and fury
Mahmoud Darwish
Natalya is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 07:19
Rookie
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Posts: 79
Heres the schedule guys.its not the full one but keep cheking it cuz theyll put the scores and update the schedule
http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=1411
PALESTINO9 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 10:54
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Location: Jordan - Amman - Jeddah
Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Posts: 11,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
Oh duh! I was looking at that list for ages. My only defence can be that it was Ittihad Nables instead of Nablus :embarass:

It is written the way its pronounce. So, you do not say Nablus if you are Palestinian or Arab, you say Nables but you write in English as Nablus. They have other teams in the list like Markaz Askar, Shabab ALam'ary, Shabab Balata and Gabal El-Mokaber.

I am all for Sahbab Al-khaleel=Hebron youth

Vamos Argentina!
Assassin is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 10:58
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Location: Jordan - Amman - Jeddah
Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Posts: 11,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussav
By the way where is Al-Aqsa Club & Al-Quds Club?

AL-Helal AL-Makdesi
Salwan
Abu dees

These are the teams from Jerusalem.

Vamos Argentina!
Assassin is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 12:53
totally innocent
Premier Player
 
HiJazzey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: The south, the deep south
Teams: Ittihad
Posts: 2,227
No, he meant where's the club called al-Aqsa. The team that played in the Arab CL last season.

BTW pooh, I pronounce it Nablus

Obituary


Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006


HiJazzey is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 13:31
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Location: Jordan - Amman - Jeddah
Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Posts: 11,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJazzey
No, he meant where's the club called al-Aqsa. The team that played in the Arab CL last season.

BTW pooh, I pronounce it Nablus

Al-Aqsa was not really a club, they were more like Palestinian NT taking advantage of any international participation to go and play under the name of Al-Aqsa, kina of political message as well.

You pronounce it Nablus because you have never met a Nablesi maybe A piece of advice, if you ever met a guy from Nables sit away by two meters because you will never know what is his intentions if he sat too close besides you

Vamos Argentina!
Assassin is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 19:59
Legend
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Posts: 17,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
You pronounce it Nablus because you have never met a Nablesi maybe A piece of advice, if you ever met a guy from Nables sit away by two meters because you will never know what is his intentions if he sat too close besides you
Scandalous lies against the Nablesi men! My friend would have a fit to see her father accused of such things!!

Not being Arab, I still pronounce it Nablus, I should ask Suha for some pronouciation lessons maybe p

Out beyond ideas
of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
Rumi


All I possess in the presence of death
is pride and fury
Mahmoud Darwish
Natalya is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2005, 22:37
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Location: Jordan - Amman - Jeddah
Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Posts: 11,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya
Scandalous lies against the Nablesi men! My friend would have a fit to see her father accused of such things!!
There is a very widely spread joke about that actually. Two birds, one from Nables and one from Khalil were in a race, the Nabelsi finished first which was a surprise because the Khalil bird is faster, when the khalil bird was asked why you arrived behind the Nabelsi bird, he said: I flew with one wing only because I had to use the other one to protect my bum

Vamos Argentina!
Assassin is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2005, 11:47 Thread Starter
Mesopotamian
Premier Player
 
Mussav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: Civilizations'Cradle
Teams: Iraq & Germany
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
There is a very widely spread joke about that actually. Two birds, one from Nables and one from Khalil were in a race, the Nabelsi finished first which was a surprise because the Khalil bird is faster, when the khalil bird was asked why you arrived behind the Nabelsi bird, he said: I flew with one wing only because I had to use the other one to protect my bum
loool, nice one Pooh, by the way thanks for the Information about Al-Aqsa Club.
Mussav is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2005, 13:33
International
 
Assim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Oman
Teams: FC Barcelona
Posts: 7,297
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh
There is a very widely spread joke about that actually. Two birds, one from Nables and one from Khalil were in a race, the Nabelsi finished first which was a surprise because the Khalil bird is faster, when the khalil bird was asked why you arrived behind the Nabelsi bird, he said: I flew with one wing only because I had to use the other one to protect my bum

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
Assim is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2005, 16:46
totally innocent
Premier Player
 
HiJazzey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: The south, the deep south
Teams: Ittihad
Posts: 2,227
lool, I think every country has region with that stereotype. In Saudi, it's Yanbu. There was a kid at school who was Yanba3awi and boy did he get ripped on by his classmates. t3agad almiskeen

Obituary


Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006


HiJazzey is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 08:13
International
 
Assim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Oman
Teams: FC Barcelona
Posts: 7,297
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJazzey
lool, I think every country has region with that stereotype. In Saudi, it's Yanbu. There was a kid at school who was Yanba3awi and boy did he get ripped on by his classmates. t3agad almiskeen
What's a stereotype??

"You don't win La Liga if you don't beat FC Barcelona. That's the whole point of winning La Liga in the first place."
Assim is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 17:39
Legend
 
Natalya's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Posts: 17,861
When you generalise about someone's characteristics due to their nationality/gender/religion/sex etc

Out beyond ideas
of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
Rumi


All I possess in the presence of death
is pride and fury
Mahmoud Darwish
Natalya is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 22:42
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Location: Jordan - Amman - Jeddah
Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Posts: 11,116
Which in most cases not true like our case here

It is actually similar to the jokes people. Every country has a city or a region where people there are the subject of the jokes. In Egypt for example people there make all of their jokes about el-sa'iada, in Jordan about people from Tafileh, in Palestine about people from Khalil. Another stereotype that those people are naive to be polite.

Vamos Argentina!
Assassin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome