Xtratime Community banner

Albania v Lithuania Friendly 26.03.2013

9K views 176 replies 22 participants last post by  Ownerofnoobs 
#1 ·
Thought I would go ahead and start the thread since its pretty close. Would like to see this played as purely as a way to see what our younger/newer calls have and also as a way to try experimental lineups. I do not want to sees lineup with our regulars, waste of a match imo.

My lineup

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Cani
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Sadiku
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Rama _ _ __ _ Vajushi
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ Basha Cana
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Hysaj Curri Mavraj Lila?
__ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Berisha

I really want to see Rama and Hysaj play. I would also like to see Vajushi and Sadiku step up and get more time. I put Cani in there because I dont really care to see salihi and bogdani(what else will they show us at this point) and becuase he also looks to be our regular forward, so further improving the understanding between sadiku and Cani would be nice. It would be nice to get Basha more time and more familiar with the players. I want to see Curri get some action and see if he still has some talent left in him. And I would like to Cana in the mf. It has been a while. I like Mavraj and Lila, there is not much else in the call up list in those positions that I would like to see. Those two are the best alternatives.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I don't understand why people are hating on Salihi. I thought he was dangerous in the game ever before the goal and after the goal. He was doing the best trying to connect with the passes from the midfield and he did have a high work rate but problem is there was 0 service from the midfield. After the goal there was a few plays were Salihi showed flashes of briliance(I thought he did a nice backheel pass lol) Now Cani was completely invisible but not Salihi..

BTW, we can't be chalking up wins. I remember two years back after a win against Belarus and we were all excited. I'm not comparing the two teams as our current squad has 2x the talent and Di Biazi is a much better manager than Kuzhe.

The style we played today is not sustainable and we will not qualify if we attempt to bunker it out unless if we start to get more organized and disciplined. But it was a great strategy considering the injuries and circumstances of the match.

BTW, Di Biazi is a baller. He's done a complete turn around with the NT from Kuzhe who was practically a vegetable. Berisha, Mavraj, Kukeli, Basha, Meha, Rama, Sadiku, Roshi, Hysaj all incorporated under Di Biazi and he's not done. Hopefully we'll be getting players like Kace, Gjokaj, Januzaj, etc, in the picture soon.

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread.. Might as well post my lineup for the game

Are Roshi and Lila suspended for this match or for the next qualifying match?

If they are suspended for this match go with this:
----Salihi--Bogu
Vajushi-------Meha
-----Bulku-Basha
Agolli-Mavraj-Cana-Hysaj
-------Berisha

If not and I think they aren't suspended for the for a firendly
-------Salihi
-Roshi--Meha--Vajushi
-----Bulku--Basha
-Agolli-Mavraj-Cana-Lila
--------Berisha

#5 ·
And who do you think brought those players in?

Di Biazi is a baller. He is a generally defensive with his strategies but can you really blame him given the players?

Look at the record of Di Biazi's record since being the manager compared to Kuzhe's record. I'm pretty sure we have a winning percentage well over 50% with DB. Not to mention we've had a constant flow of new talent in the squad. Remember how we used to complain how the same old washed up players would constantly play under Kuzhe? Remember how Skela who played for a 4th division Polish team was our captain? Lala, Duro, etc. We complain when when Bulku and Vila start now but our team was filled with them back then.

Di Biazi has a vision for the squad.. can't say the same about Kuzhe and most definitely can't say the same about Hahn. Those guys stole time that could have been used to develop the NT.

Like I said before:
Berisha, Mavraj, Hysaj, Cani, Kukeli, Basha, Meha, Rama, Roshi all were Incorporated under DB.. That wasn't the case with Hahn

#4 ·
Artan is right i remembe we beat belarus and we all busted a nut. I actually rmemeber the media saying we played like barcrlona lol. I disagree with artan tho we did not play bunker at all imo. Our problem is sometimes we rush it from back and dont utilize midfield. We just clear and kick it out instead of trying to play it out thats why alot of times we bypass our modfield etc. this has to do with lack of quality amongst fullbacks misfielders etc. with time n talent we will get better. I do think tho we are a much better team now then the team that beat belarus

#9 ·
Berisha
Lila-Curri-Mavraj-Hysaj
Cana-Basha
Rama-Meha-Vajushi
Cani​

I would like to see how a Curri-Mavraj and Cana-Basha partnership goes because if its a success it gives us more options in future games knowing it works. Lila will will be suspended for the return game but I expect Vangeli to replace him at RB.

#12 ·
Getting all these players is all FSHF's work. After they dropped Lala,Skela, and co the strategy was to get as many new players as possible and build a bigger team because they felt that was the problem in previous qualifiers. De Biasi(although much better than Kuzhe) didn't do shit. Of course he wasn't gonna reject new players. He'll take anything he can get.. but this is all thanks to Redi Jupi and FSHF that they have a plan and there is decent depth right now.

Right now there are about 30-35 players in the team and everyone is more or less at the same level. Even players like Arapi and Lilaj can get in there and put a shift as they proved against Cameroon.

For Lithuania I'm looking forward to seeing Rama. Meha is the most in form attacking player right now and deserves a start too.

Lila, Cana, Roshi shouldn't play as they wont be available for Norway.

#13 ·
I know Cana picked up a yellow but I don't think he's suspended for the next match as he didn't pick up yellow in consecutive matches like Lila and Roshi.

As for the new players that's all on Di Biazi. As soon as he got hired he brought in new players for his first match during those summer friendlies.

Our defense is solid group with alot of depth. Lila, Agoli, Vangjeli, Hysaj, Dallku are fine at fullback and Cana, Mavraj and Curri are solid at CB. Area that worries me is up top at striker as we don't have a clear cut candidate. Bogu is probably the best option but he doesn't have the fitness level anymore.

Lets see how players like Vajushi, Roshi, Cani and Sadiku develop.

#18 ·
LOL @ the love Salihi is getting. Look no offense, he scored a GREAT goal against Norway, but he did absolute shit that whole game BESIDES the goal. Salihi sucks and always will. The guy couldn't make it in the MLS, a league that everyone disses as not being good enough, yet it was good enough to throw Salihi to China.

Also, why the fck did Dallku get back in the line up this game? What's the point of getting Hysaj if you're not going to play him?

I like De Biasi as a coach in terms of he's been getting a lot of new guys, but as far as putting up the right line ups, he's no different than Kuzhe or any other coach we've had.

We have to face terms, there's some guys who play for Albania that shouldn't ever step foot in a football pitch, yet those guys are constantly picked to start time after time.

How many mistakes did it take, and how many games did he have to cost us before Ujkani was finally taken out of the starting line up?

Now were finally in a great position to qualify, and the likes of Salihi, Dallku, Vila, Bulku, etc. are going ruin those chances.

#19 ·
LOL @ the love Salihi is getting. Look no offense, he scored a GREAT goal against Norway, but he did absolute shit that whole game BESIDES the goal. Salihi sucks and always will. The guy couldn't make it in the MLS, a league that everyone disses as not being good enough, yet it was good enough to throw Salihi to China. I'm not fond of Salihi, but respect where respect is due. He scored our only goal.

Also, why the fck did Dallku get back in the line up this game? What's the point of getting Hysaj if you're not going to play him? I've never been a fan of Dallku, quite the contrary, but he's taller and more experienced than a 19-year old Hysaj, and he's also an okay defender.

I like De Biasi as a coach in terms of he's been getting a lot of new guys, but as far as putting up the right line ups, he's no different than Kuzhe or any other coach we've had.

We have to face terms, there's some guys who play for Albania that shouldn't ever step foot in a football pitch, yet those guys are constantly picked to start time after time.

How many mistakes did it take, and how many games did he have to cost us before Ujkani was finally taken out of the starting line up?

Now were finally in a great position to qualify, and the likes of Salihi, Dallku, Vila, Bulku, etc. are going ruin those chances.
You have to come to terms with those players really being our only options. You seem to forget, that we are Albanian and do not have abundance of quality players. I'd love 11 ballon d'or-lever players, but we don't have any, so accept the facts and let's try to get the best out of it.

With all that being said, I'm beginning to save money for a trip to Brazil. Not that it's likely that I'll be needing it, but the hope is enough right now.

As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I hope we lose this game. Our mentality sucks, when we have confidence. But one could hope, that De Biazi has the managing skills to create a winning mentality in this team. Good luck, Shqipni! :thumbsup:

#21 ·
-Salihi will miss the Lithuania friendly as he's heading back to China.
-Di Biazi said he will experiment and use everyone, especially the players who didn't play against Norway
-He won't use Cana or atleast in central defense, will use a Mavraj-Curri combo

So I'm guessing DB will use something like this
-------Cani
Vajushi--Meha--Vila
-----Bulku-Basha
Agolli-Mavraj-Curri-Hysaj
-------Berisha

I hope we get to see Vajushi and Hysaj play significant minutes

#24 ·
lol in this forum u can read the most idiotic stuff on the internet. whoever in their right mind hopes that we lose a game? lol. losing creates a mentality of losers, winning creates a mentality of winners. only an idiot would hope to lose

THE ONLY TIME WHEN LOSING A FRIENDLY COULD BE GOOD IS IF U'VE WON MANY GAMES IN A ROW - clearly not our case

we need to win as much as we can so the team gets confidence and creates a winning mentality, and also develops higher ambitions

#28 ·
Leonardo and artan have you guys actually followed the NT or just stupid, whenever things go on a high for this side they just end in a disappointment we went from drawing Portugal 0-0 with 10 men for 50+minutes in Braga to a goalless draw against Malta in the very next qualifying fixture, not to mention that we have had good results concerning friendlies and the past three or so years and they haven't done shit for us

we have to be one of the only national sides who treat friendlies real as is evident by the way the players celebrate as if they won a fvkn trophy despite them being completely fvkn pointless for us seeing as we don't even experiment, we lost this past friendly against Georgia about a month ago before Norway seems like it did us real harm huh? Durrrr

Friendlies should be used to experiment and try new things out, not to build a winning mentality

#34 ·
The most Albanian National Team thing in the world is to win two qualifying matches in a row, win comfortably in friendly against a shit team, and then shit on Albanian fans' dreams by losing 3-1 in the next qualifier match.

I am not saying I want Albania to lose this game. But I want them to learn a lot from this game with different players and maybe some different tactics. Statistics shows that Albania has a better winning percentage when coming off losses. Albania has to lose some games, and I prefer them to lose friendly games.

That being said, the next match is in June. Surely, Albania has to get another friendly match scheduled between the Lithuania match and the Norway match. There should be another friendly match in late May or very early June. If they do not get another friendly, that is bad management. They need to get a friendly where all the starters for the Norway game will play at least 20 minutes together.

#41 ·
Surely, Albania has to get another friendly match scheduled between the Lithuania match and the Norway match. There should be another friendly match in late May or very early June. If they do not get another friendly, that is bad management. They need to get a friendly where all the starters for the Norway game will play at least 20 minutes together.
4th of June is reserved for international friendlies, but don't hold your breath that our lot will arrange a game three days before the most important fixture in our footballing history.

Anyway, any streams for tonight? Cheers!

#35 · (Edited)
I don't think that the mentality is going te be different in the Norway game if we win again Lituania. I think players like Meha, Vajushi, Hysaj, Curri, Sadiku who are not starters wants to show Di Biasi that they are good enough to play against Norway. We got a lot of players who are on the same level, but not all of of them can start. That's something positive that we didn't had the last qualifications. This is important to create a winning mentality in my opinion. That's something we don't have. I mean in the past we were happy with a 4th/5th place. If you say before the qualification even start that our goal is 4th place then don't even play those ****ing qualification.

This is just the mentality Albanians got in general when it comes to achieves things. We should be more ambitious and keep trying to achieve more and more. If you achieve something then the next time don't be happy with the same thing but try to achieve more. This is not only important for us when it comes to sport but also in life. That's just my opinion.

And for the first time in history we have a change too qualify. I think the players knows this too and they are going to give everything against Norway, no matter the result of this friendly. Now they would be dissapointed with a 4th place, as they should be!

#36 ·
That swiss result with cyprus was really a big result for us. They play cyprus at home next game whoch most likely they will win so we have to win our game against norway to keep track of winning the group. Which we have to be aiming for. Dont aim to be aecond best. Aim for the top and then if u fail at least youre good enough to be second

#43 ·
lol exactly, why play Lila and Cana who are gonna be suspended next game? And why start Agolli and Roshi, instead of giving Hysaj and Vajushi a chance? He's gonna probably put them on for 20 minutes at the end, wft, makes no fvking sense!

And you guys were saying De Biasi is a good coach, we just lucked out on a Norweigan win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.