Soccer on Canadian TV: the main thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 201 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2002, 19:36 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
Soccer on Canadian TV: the main thread

I don't konw if anyone here feels the same as me about these 2 networks. I appreciate very much what TLN has been doing for the past 2 weeks with 4 to 5 Serie A games each weekend. However, the 2 clowns that make the commentaries are really lousy ignorants. They have no knowledge whatsover of the Serie A and the teams. Most of the time, instead of doing their job, they talk about the EPL, Arsenal or Manchester Utd or make some lousy Brits joke that make no one laugh but themselves. A football game on tv without professional and knowledgeable commentators is just taking away half of the pleasure of watching a football game. Compared to these 2 bozos, even the "local" commentators, such as Alf de Blasis and the other Italian, don't remember his name, tough were way better as they actually know what they're talking about and do comment on the games, not on irrelevant things.

Also, what's the matter with FOX? All their Liga games are Celta. They must have covered 90% of the games of that team this year. Is the board of FOX pro Celta or have Celta paid Fox to show all their games or what? When are they going to show Barça or Real? I've yet to see these two teams on FOX on their so called (deficient) Liga coverage.

Just my two cents after my frustration. :rollani: :fero:

To recap:
1) We want PROFESSIONAL commentators for the Serie A games. The Rai guys are the best in the business. Not some pseudo-clown-brits that have no clue of what they're talking about and spend most of their time talking about Man Utd or the EPL...:fero: :rollani:
2) FOX, stop showing ONLY Celta games. Show some other teams, those that do actually football such as Barça and Real!!!!:fero:

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!

Last edited by San Siro; December 15th, 2002 at 19:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 201 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2002, 05:56
Premier Player

You mean Max Bretos?
post #3 of 201 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2002, 06:10
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Frankly I just press mute and watch the action.

Happy that there is more serie A, Alf de Blasis was responding to some letters in the Juve-Lazio halftime and said that they are planning to carry even more soccer (mentioned the possibility of South American leagues) and that the 4 games per week thing is gonna be here for at least the next two seasons.

post #4 of 201 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2002, 22:01
Rising Star

If you don't like TLN just get RAI International.

It shows the games even earlier then TLN does sometimes on Tape Delay.
post #5 of 201 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2002, 02:22 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Does Rogers offer Rai International or you have to have dish satellite for it?

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

post #6 of 201 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2002, 21:30
Rising Star

Gotta get the DISH. DishNetwork to be exact, and we all know how "legal" that is. The bottom line is that DishNet shows so much soccer. With my setup (2 Dishes) I get the following:

Fox Sports World
Fox Sports World en Espanol
ESPN
ESPN2
RAI International - Shows Serie A,B, Non League & International
RPTi (Portuguese) - Shows 1st division matches, International
ERT (Greek Soccer)
NTV America (Russian) - Shows Various Russian League Games
Israeli Channel - Various Israeli Games
ART America - Asian, African CL
PPV Sports- Various EPL Games LIVE
GLOBO - Various Brazillian and Argentinian games

+ more ...
post #7 of 201 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2002, 00:25
Rising Star

Teams: Inter F.C milan, The Netherlands, and Brazil nt
TLN is the best!!!!!!!!!

It is amazing the amount of serie A games this network is televising during the weekends!!!!!!!!

great job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Je m'en fous.........

tu non vedrai nessuna cosa al mondo maggior FORZA INTERNAZIONALE!!!!
post #8 of 201 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2002, 19:13
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United
Why don't you just move to England..all the top leagues have coverage here(live games)

England the home of football.
MUFC-The Religion.

Quote:
Fish are caught by there mouths, men by there word
post #9 of 201 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2002, 19:24
International

Jarrek -

I heard about that Satelite!
For like 500 dollars front payment you get your dish+unlimited amount of airtime until you have it

I like that kinda of idea, but i have to ask......how long would it last? I wanna get a Satelite soon

The Israeli Network is good - In Thursday - Monday they air games of the Israeli Liga. I have seen it before and its good, but only in the US!!! I wanna get it in Canada!
They are a mixture actually! They mix 4-5 israeli channels in one! And all the commercials are for mainly U.S Customers...Like CFMT does it...when they air portugese or Polish (ring a bell ) they have commerical in the mother tongue languages

I would love to get the satelite
post #10 of 201 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2003, 19:16
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid, Real Valladolid, Toronto FC
Quote:
Originally posted by rezag
Frankly I just press mute and watch the action.

Happy that there is more serie A, Alf de Blasis was responding to some letters in the Juve-Lazio halftime and said that they are planning to carry even more soccer (mentioned the possibility of South American leagues) and that the 4 games per week thing is gonna be here for at least the next two seasons.
Why doesn't TLN show la Liga games? A couple of years back they showed a few games near the end of the season. And it was so exciting. I remember talking to alot of my buddies, mostly Portuguese, Italian and Hispanic friends and they all said that la Liga games we're very exciting to watch. Also, many Hispanics follow la Liga reliously! I don't get TLN.

Viva Real Madrid y Espańa!
post #11 of 201 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2003, 05:51
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC
I would love to see Liga games also, but would rather see Argie games instead.

There a few of us in Canada, that follow La Liga regularly and most people are happy to see Real, Barca, Depor, & Valencia in the CL, and could careless about the other Liga teams.

I'm thinking about getting a satellite so I can watch them all too.

Soy Celeste, Soy Celeste,
Celeste soy yo!
post #12 of 201 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2003, 03:05
International

THere no way basic cable or regular TV channels would air La Liga or soccer in that matter!

Just get an Illegal Dish and stop crying
and bring me in to watch some Beitar

THere playing tommorow
post #13 of 201 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2003, 03:53
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
I think that 1 company in the world should open up a company just for soccer. You know how much money they would make . I bet if they had just that SUB-20 SA tournie from Uruguay and charged $3 per game they would be millionares just off that.

I believe many of us strugle from not getting "real" coverage of international soccer like people in Europe,South america, Asia do. The least I would ask for is a 1 1/2 or 2 hour program concentrating on international soccer once a week with good extensive coverage. Is that too much to ask:frownani:

Still Madridista and apparently I have no honor
post #14 of 201 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2003, 01:24
International

Face it Spaniard, we're in the 'other' hemisphere in the world!

If only we were in the Eastern Hempishphere it would be better

Besides, in my work i am near the TV's and i ask to turn to Fox Sports world, no matter what and instead we get to watch American football :fero: :fero:
post #15 of 201 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2003, 19:19
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid, Real Valladolid, Toronto FC
Quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
I think that 1 company in the world should open up a company just for soccer. You know how much money they would make . I bet if they had just that SUB-20 SA tournie from Uruguay and charged $3 per game they would be millionares just off that.

I believe many of us strugle from not getting "real" coverage of international soccer like people in Europe,South america, Asia do. The least I would ask for is a 1 1/2 or 2 hour program concentrating on international soccer once a week with good extensive coverage. Is that too much to ask:frownani:
Yah, kind of like Graham Leggat's Soccer Saturday. That was an awesome show. He would go through all of Europe showing all the week's highlights and sometimes interviews also with some of the star players. The only bad part was they hardly showed any South American coverage except the occasional highlight from the Brazilian league. But the European coverage was great. I remember catching a few Atletico Madrid - Real Madrid derby matches on their game of the week. Usually , it was slightly edited and they would cut the game to about 30 minutes showing the best parts. But it was great nontheless. Although when Soccer Saturday was on, the CL coverage wasn't as good. I have to admit that TSN coverage of the CL is pretty good.

Viva Real Madrid y Espańa!
post #16 of 201 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2003, 02:45
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
Actually now there is a new chanel called GolTV that shows games from all over the Hispanic countries with almost all Real Madrid and Penarol games. It is from Miami and the owner is Uruguayan legend Fransceceli (I know I spelled it wrong Sebastian, pardon me ).

I want this channel in Canada but what r the chances of that?

Still Madridista and apparently I have no honor
post #17 of 201 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2003, 04:55
Premier Player

Teams: England, Canada
I'm not sure about the rest of the country but here in Quebec we pick up a channel called TV5 that shows French Championnat games on weekends with the Canal + feed.
post #18 of 201 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2003, 05:56
Star Player

Teams: whitecaps juve chelsea canada
yes TLN is wicked!

Anyone know where the Juventus-Man Utd. matches in the champs league will be on? TSN website says they are showing hte Barca and Roma games only, but soccertv.com says TSN will be showing it later the same day of the match
post #19 of 201 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2003, 20:22
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamal
I'm not sure about the rest of the country but here in Quebec we pick up a channel called TV5 that shows French Championnat games on weekends with the Canal + feed.
Yes, we get it here in Ontario on Rogers Cable.
post #20 of 201 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2003, 01:56 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

What the hell is wrong with TSN!!!They seem to be doing it yet again!!!Putting the CL games for the tape delay at 3:30 am the next day!!!A scandal!!!!For what???Probably some crappy Curling game or some other meaningless cazzo!!!!!!:fero:

We should riot at TSN's headquarters and make themselves know that the CL has to be shown!!!!:fero:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in