Best place to watch football in TO - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2002, 16:33 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend
 
San Siro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 1999
Location: La Scala del Calcio
Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
Posts: 17,146
Best place to watch football in TO

What is the best bar to watch football games in TO? Best in terms of ambiance, atmosphere, within the bar, with loads of true football fans. I went to see yesterday the Real-Athens game in a sports bar in downtown TO and the atmosphere was lousy to say the least. There were more hockey fans in the bar than football fans. Worst, they bar didn't even put the sound and comments of the football game, but instead some lousy rock music from the 70s...:rollani::fero:

So anyone know a great place to watch football games, with a great atmosphere and ambiance and loads of true football fans? Please indicate the exact location of the bar and if the owner is a fan a particular team/nation...

Thanks.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
San Siro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2002, 00:25
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Posts: 327
Duke of Gloucester on Yonge or Scallywags on St. Clair.

Hands down, the best football pubs in Toronto, and there are many.

I'm going to watch Dynamo Kyiv battle Newcastle United on the 29th at 4:30 (tape delay) ... admission is $10.
Jarrek is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2002, 15:55
International
 
Join Date: 02 2001
Posts: 6,804
Quote:
Originally posted by Jarrek
Duke of Gloucester on Yonge or Scallywags on St. Clair.

Hands down, the best football pubs in Toronto, and there are many.

I'm going to watch Dynamo Kyiv battle Newcastle United on the 29th at 4:30 (tape delay) ... admission is $10.

I would say this is the best place to watch BRITISH soccer - that's what they show 99.9% of the times.:depress:
MariusDeDracul is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2002, 04:32
Rising Star
 
Sigma_Olomouc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2000
Location: Prostějov, Czech Republic
Teams: Olomouc
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally posted by Jarrek
Duke of Gloucester on Yonge or Scallywags on St. Clair.

Hands down, the best football pubs in Toronto, and there are many.

I'm going to watch Dynamo Kyiv battle Newcastle United on the 29th at 4:30 (tape delay) ... admission is $10.
I certainly hope Kyiv can make it to the next group stage. One Eastern European team has to make it to the second stage (I hope). Since no Czech team made it this year, I have been cheering for any other Eastern European team. It seems Kyiv is the only team that has a chance.
Sigma_Olomouc is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2002, 21:48
Premier Player
 
icarus7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Toronto
Teams: Portugal NT
Posts: 1,199
Re: Best place to watch football in TO

Quote:
Originally posted by San_Siro_1
What is the best bar to watch football games in TO? Best in terms of ambiance, atmosphere, within the bar, with loads of true football fans. I went to see yesterday the Real-Athens game in a sports bar in downtown TO and the atmosphere was lousy to say the least. There were more hockey fans in the bar than football fans. Worst, they bar didn't even put the sound and comments of the football game, but instead some lousy rock music from the 70s...:rollani::fero:

So anyone know a great place to watch football games, with a great atmosphere and ambiance and loads of true football fans? Please indicate the exact location of the bar and if the owner is a fan a particular team/nation...

Thanks.
hey payman...how are ya???

probably the best place that i've gone to is Cervejaria downtown on College and Ossington..the only problem?? Not for me at least..is that they show lots of portuguese football.. but if you want to catch friendlies or qualifying games, they will certainly show them..and the waitresses are good looking....if you don't mind being around us portuguese for hours hearing us ***** and complain
icarus7 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2002, 03:29 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend
 
San Siro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 1999
Location: La Scala del Calcio
Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
Posts: 17,146
A big kudos for all of you who have answered in that thread!

Joey, my friend, i'm doing great!!!
Hey man, i don't mind at all the company of passionate Portuguese fans, specially if there are some nice Portuguese gathinas around as well...

Does anyone know of a bar that shows the France's NT games? or does anyone know of a website which has a list the bars in TO that show football in a regular basis so this way, I could contact them about what kind of teams they most show?

Thanks to all for their very informative and much appreciated participation.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
San Siro is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2002, 08:11
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Posts: 327
Guys, Guys ...

What exactly are you trying to watch anyways? I went down to the Duke of Gloucester and saw Dynamo - Newcastle duke it out in the Champions League. Just before that they had Manchester United - Haifa.

For Serie A games you're best off with a DishNetwork dish and RAI International. With the DishNetwork dish you will be also able to catch some Greek, Portuguese, French and international soccer.

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.
Jarrek is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2002, 17:38
Premier Player
 
icarus7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Toronto
Teams: Portugal NT
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally posted by San_Siro_1
A big kudos for all of you who have answered in that thread!

Joey, my friend, i'm doing great!!!
Hey man, i don't mind at all the company of passionate Portuguese fans, specially if there are some nice Portuguese gathinas around as well...

Does anyone know of a bar that shows the France's NT games? or does anyone know of a website which has a list the bars in TO that show football in a regular basis so this way, I could contact them about what kind of teams they most show?

Thanks to all for their very informative and much appreciated participation.
I'll do my best to see what i can find for you....i know you'd like to catch some the games...sometimes TV5 on cable shows some games....this weekend they were showing a game...i'm not sure which one....but i'll see what i can find...
icarus7 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2002, 05:10
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 09 2001
Posts: 327
If you want to see French NT games you will have to get RFO (Available on BellExpressVU, Starchoice) ...

They show some French NT WCQ and ECQ games as well as Champions League Games ...
Jarrek is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2002, 23:32
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
Sebastian50's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Canada
Teams: Toronto FC
Posts: 4,897
Isnt there a french club that will show the games.

Soy Celeste, Soy Celeste,
Celeste soy yo!
Sebastian50 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome