Best place to watch football in TO - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2002, 16:33 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
Best place to watch football in TO

What is the best bar to watch football games in TO? Best in terms of ambiance, atmosphere, within the bar, with loads of true football fans. I went to see yesterday the Real-Athens game in a sports bar in downtown TO and the atmosphere was lousy to say the least. There were more hockey fans in the bar than football fans. Worst, they bar didn't even put the sound and comments of the football game, but instead some lousy rock music from the 70s...:rollani::fero:

So anyone know a great place to watch football games, with a great atmosphere and ambiance and loads of true football fans? Please indicate the exact location of the bar and if the owner is a fan a particular team/nation...

Thanks.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2002, 00:25
Rising Star

Duke of Gloucester on Yonge or Scallywags on St. Clair.

Hands down, the best football pubs in Toronto, and there are many.

I'm going to watch Dynamo Kyiv battle Newcastle United on the 29th at 4:30 (tape delay) ... admission is $10.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2002, 15:55
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Jarrek

I'm going to watch Dynamo Kyiv battle Newcastle United on the 29th at 4:30 (tape delay) ... admission is $10.

I would say this is the best place to watch BRITISH soccer - that's what they show 99.9% of the times.:depress:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2002, 04:32
Rising Star

Teams: Olomouc
Quote:
Originally posted by Jarrek

I certainly hope Kyiv can make it to the next group stage. One Eastern European team has to make it to the second stage (I hope). Since no Czech team made it this year, I have been cheering for any other Eastern European team. It seems Kyiv is the only team that has a chance.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2002, 21:48
Premier Player

Teams: Portugal NT
Re: Best place to watch football in TO

Quote:
Originally posted by San_Siro_1
What is the best bar to watch football games in TO? Best in terms of ambiance, atmosphere, within the bar, with loads of true football fans. I went to see yesterday the Real-Athens game in a sports bar in downtown TO and the atmosphere was lousy to say the least. There were more hockey fans in the bar than football fans. Worst, they bar didn't even put the sound and comments of the football game, but instead some lousy rock music from the 70s...:rollani::fero:

So anyone know a great place to watch football games, with a great atmosphere and ambiance and loads of true football fans? Please indicate the exact location of the bar and if the owner is a fan a particular team/nation...

Thanks.
hey payman...how are ya???

probably the best place that i've gone to is Cervejaria downtown on College and Ossington..the only problem?? Not for me at least..is that they show lots of portuguese football.. but if you want to catch friendlies or qualifying games, they will certainly show them..and the waitresses are good looking....if you don't mind being around us portuguese for hours hearing us ***** and complain
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2002, 03:29 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
A big kudos for all of you who have answered in that thread!

Joey, my friend, i'm doing great!!!
Hey man, i don't mind at all the company of passionate Portuguese fans, specially if there are some nice Portuguese gathinas around as well...

Does anyone know of a bar that shows the France's NT games? or does anyone know of a website which has a list the bars in TO that show football in a regular basis so this way, I could contact them about what kind of teams they most show?

Thanks to all for their very informative and much appreciated participation.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2002, 08:11
Rising Star

Guys, Guys ...

What exactly are you trying to watch anyways? I went down to the Duke of Gloucester and saw Dynamo - Newcastle duke it out in the Champions League. Just before that they had Manchester United - Haifa.

For Serie A games you're best off with a DishNetwork dish and RAI International. With the DishNetwork dish you will be also able to catch some Greek, Portuguese, French and international soccer.

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2002, 17:38
Premier Player

Teams: Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally posted by San_Siro_1
A big kudos for all of you who have answered in that thread!

Joey, my friend, i'm doing great!!!
Hey man, i don't mind at all the company of passionate Portuguese fans, specially if there are some nice Portuguese gathinas around as well...

Does anyone know of a bar that shows the France's NT games? or does anyone know of a website which has a list the bars in TO that show football in a regular basis so this way, I could contact them about what kind of teams they most show?

Thanks to all for their very informative and much appreciated participation.
I'll do my best to see what i can find for you....i know you'd like to catch some the games...sometimes TV5 on cable shows some games....this weekend they were showing a game...i'm not sure which one....but i'll see what i can find...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2002, 05:10
Rising Star

If you want to see French NT games you will have to get RFO (Available on BellExpressVU, Starchoice) ...

They show some French NT WCQ and ECQ games as well as Champions League Games ...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2002, 23:32
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC
Isnt there a french club that will show the games.

Soy Celeste, Soy Celeste,
Celeste soy yo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in