TSV 1860 Munchen - Toronto Lynx SC (R) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2002, 00:12 Thread Starter
Rising Star

TSV 1860 Munchen - Toronto Lynx SC (R)

Toronto beats 1860 Munchen by a score of 1-0. Arasto Knights with a strike in the first half.

This was after 1860 routed its previous two opponents 7-0 (Milwakuee) and 6-0 (CPSL) ...

I dont know what to make of this result.

Highlight of the day ... meeting and chatting with Tomasz Radzinski
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2002, 21:12
LIT
Star Player

Teams: Atlético Madrid, AC Parma, 1.FC Nürnberg, AC Milan
Quote:
Originally posted by Jarrek

I dont know what to make of this result.

Could you give me a short match review, perhaps please?
I didn´t find anything about this match in the media...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2002, 23:03
Premier Player

I was at the game, it was pretty good Nice turn out, Kinda reminds me of a just-to-get promoted team in the 2nd divsion!

But i like how the lynx played and they got really good defence, but honestly, i somehow fought that 1860 wasn't really trying or perhaps it was so cold to play. So you gotta hand it to them. It like the Lokomotic v. R. Madrid!!! Lokomotiv beat Madrid like 5-1, cause Madrid cannot stand the blistering cold in North end of Moskva!

But it was a really entertaining game... In deed!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2002, 02:06 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by LIT

Could you give me a short match review, perhaps please?
I didn´t find anything about this match in the media...
go to http://www.a-league.com and there will be a small section for the Toronto Lynx.

You can find PR's there ...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2002, 13:28
LIT
Star Player

Teams: Atlético Madrid, AC Parma, 1.FC Nürnberg, AC Milan
Thanks!
It really seems as it was a great match of the Lynx! Congrats for that!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2002, 03:30
Rising Star

I didnt se the game but a few of my cousins went and they said they left in the 70th min it was a mediocre game and freezing, suposeldy everyone was frozen except the german folklore group performing at half time in their skimpy leather shorts lol but i must admit it is nice to se some euro teams come over here
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2002, 05:01
Premier Player

Yea,

Indeed! it was a cold day to start off with. It was snowing or anything and offically, you cannot call a game like that to be cancelled. But when you are up in the bleachers, way on top, you can fill the blistering cold. Many thought it would be a good day; boy! Were they in for something.

I just had a Kappa suite jacket on, and it was cold!!!!

I never been to such a cold game like that in many years....

but it was fun! Nice turn out..... what were the Germans thinking with that dance...it was a soo cold!?!?!??

but it was nice!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2002, 06:15
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally posted by Kappa18
Yea,

Indeed! it was a cold day to start off with. It was snowing or anything and offically, you cannot call a game like that to be cancelled. But when you are up in the bleachers, way on top, you can fill the blistering cold. Many thought it would be a good day; boy! Were they in for something.

I just had a Kappa suite jacket on, and it was cold!!!!

I never been to such a cold game like that in many years....

but it was fun! Nice turn out..... what were the Germans thinking with that dance...it was a soo cold!?!?!??

but it was nice!
Because of the cold I decided to leave at around the 70th minute. I was really freezing.
The game was a bit more physical than I expected.
The German dancing and singing was a joke. Do they really think everybody can hear them without microphones (I didn't see any).
The game is supposed to start at 3:00 PM and 1860 Munich's bus arrived at around 2:15 PM. Visiting teams show up 45 minutes before the game is supposed to start No wonder they lost, I wouldn't call what they did a warm up unless they warmed up somewher else (why would they)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2002, 06:33 Thread Starter
Rising Star

It was pissing cold. It's too bad they didn't play it this weekend because the weather has changed dramatically. It's going to be nearly 20C during the May 25-26th weekend. Oh well, what can you do.

At least we lit off several flares after the match ... so not all was lost

AS for Munich ... I was VERY dissapointed in their play!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2002, 06:43
Rising Star

After the match? why not during the match. O and ps wher can i pick flares up (for Wc) i dont supose canadian tire hehe I want the real socer ones tat distinguish rather quickly but make lotsa smoke , unlike those police flares which light for long time period in a small flame/smoke.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2002, 07:53
Premier Player

I didn't mind for the German dance and folklore...it was there day. It it wasn't for them, then probably there would have been less than expected! I like the turn out and it seemed very nice.

I dont think 1860 was ready for the game at all. I think that they no one except the lynx took it seriously and why not. They showed there defense and it was very nice the goal by knight, cheap but good

but holy.......im not sure if the Bungelidsa leauge is over, but did you see the head pump a lynx player gave? he was gushing blood that 1860 player...

yet again, if anyone keeps track of games from Eastern europe they would see that sometimes UEFA cup games go for the home team since some of them are played in sub-zero temperatures and the snow+sleet+ice on the feild is just to embarrable!

lets use mother nature for our win!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in