Edmonton(Alberta) soccer is best in Canada. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2002, 06:49 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: River Plate & any team Ronaldo plays for
Edmonton(Alberta) soccer is best in Canada.

I was reading that thread about what canada has to do to become a better soccer nation and someone kept on insisting that the NT stadium should be moved. I don't think so buddy. I bet Edmonton or Alberta in general has the best soccer in Canada right now. My friend from Vancouver just moved to edmonton and he tells me the soccer here is much better than the soccer in BC. I guess Ontario is probably our main competition but you guys have no stadiums! Plus the players coming out from edmonton alone is promising. If you look at most of the best young prospects on the calgary storm, they're almost all from edmonton. And they could probably have way more players from edmonton. Just look at the last canada games. Alberta killed the competition. If you compare Edmonton to Toronto I think Edmonton comes out on top because you have to consider the major Population difference. Just look at the new stars of Canada-Nsaliwa, Hirschfeld, and ofcourse Hargreaves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2002, 07:12
Rising Star

Your buddy from Vancouver has probably moved from Vancouver to Edmonton to escape his crack dealer, thats why he talks out of his butt.

Nothing beats Vancouver baby!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2002, 15:44
Rising Star

No Way!

Quote:
Originally posted by Krammerhead
Nothing beats Vancouver baby!
I agree. Edmonton will get the occasional once a year nats match, but if you're really looking for a good soccer atmosphere and top flight Canadian club football then Vancouver by far is the number one city for Soccer in Canada.

The Whitecaps averaged 5,600 fans a game last year, and the Breakers womens team put in some solid numbers as well.

Edmonton? Well Edmonton has no pro soccer team.

If you're saying that the quality of talent is better in Edmonton, well, you may be partially correct there.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2002, 08:53
Premier Player

Fed up!

Im fed up with having the NT stadium in Edmonton! Like what the ****??

Wake up and smell the coffe! IF TODAY WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A FRIENDLY IN EDMONTON WHAT WOULD HAPPEN??!?!?!?!?!?

WE GET SNOWED IN?? I HEARD THERE IS A SNOW STORM IN ALBERTA?!?!?!

FORGET ALBERTA AND LETS BE REALISTIC! WE NEED A NT STADIUM IN A GOOD PLACE...HOW ABOUT THE NATIONS CAPITAL? THAT IS A FANTASTIC PLACE! WHAT ABOUT TORONTO OR MONTREAL??!?!? EVEN BETTER

And if the Canadian association advertise billboards for the game instead of a small little logo on every Sunny D' then people would come!

Its all about the Marketing Mix people! And what is the Marketing Mix??? It is the four p's:

Place
Promotion
Price
Product

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in