Dutch Footbal - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2002, 00:13 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dutch Footbal

Hi,

My name is Daniel and I'm working for a Soccer Magazine in Holland.

I want to know what people of other countries think of the footbal in the Netherlands. Which clubs do you know and what do you think of those clubs. I allso want to know if you would like to play in Holland if you were a professional footbal player. In other words: Tell as much as you know about the footbal in Holland/Netherlands.

Thanks and Greetingzz,

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:26
Rookie

Hi Daniel.

I'm a professinal coach from Europe and now I live in Canada.
I'm very interested in Netherlands soccer because they have very good soccer school for young players. I studied the Ajax school
program and I'm realy sure that it is the best program on the world. I know many players from you country and I like them, becaues they know everything from soccer ABC.
I wish the best Netherlands soccer.

david smith
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:34
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
Hi Daniel and David! Welcome to the forum.

I'm not a coach or player, but I know the Ajax program is well respected in this country.

I don't particularly follow any of the Dutch teams, but again, I think any Canadian player would be happy to play in Holland. I don't know of any who actually are playing there at present, though.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:04
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Hi
I became a PSV fan way back when they were winning Champions cup.
I also liked Gerets as a player (and as a coach).
It was sad to see the infighting basically destroy the chance of Holland doing really well at Italia '90. Van Basten , Gullit and Rijkaard's talent and others like Van Breukelen didn't translate into success for the Dutch NT.
They had a great coach back then too, Rinus Michel for Euro '88 when Van Basten's classic goal really amazed me
These days I follow PSV as much as I can. Eventhough it is rare to find a good English language source on them...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:40
Premier Player

Hi Daniel........

I live in Toronto, Canada has a Visa student, but i am orignally from Israel. I actually highly rate soccer from the Netherlands. In Israel, soccer from Holland is quite big. As far as i can remember a local TV company placed a poll for Israelis on what European Leuages they want to see, and so of course England came as #1, and Spain #2, but then i think Holland came in #3, tied with Turkey and maybe Germany as well

So in my home country it is highly respected.

If i was a player, i would want to play in the Netherlands, because there league is very professional and they have a good fan base as well. Teams like Rotherdam, Feynerwood, Ajax, PSV as well as RODA are by far top quality teams of the world.

Did i also mention i've been to the netherlands and done the famous BeNeLux tour (Belgium - Netherlands - Luxemborg) and i love it!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in