What Canada wants! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2002, 19:50 Thread Starter
Premier Player

What Canada wants!

After creating the "What canada needs", i decided to sum it up with "WHAT CANADA WANTS" thread...

I belive that its time to reform canadian sports once and for all..Sure, its great, but when it comes to vital sports such as the olympics and the summer olympics we're the big loser contender and i hate it!

I would want CURLING AND La'Crosse to be banned or taken of the the air. These two sports are bad taste and boring! yet every sunday and saturday we have to sit on the chouc and be forced to inject 200 pounds worth of men and women going down on some artifical ice and screaming "LEFT!! LEFT, TURN LEFT! YAAAY...BOING!!!"

I think that both TSN and the Sports Network can team up and make Soccer happen! I don't mind if they show Toronto Lynx game or any English Premeir and German Premeir games i would personally love that!

I also think that we should take the UEFA cup champions Leauge finals as a big prime time event!

but thats the dream! WE NEED A CONCLUSION!!!

FIGHT WITH ME PEOPLE!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2002, 21:14
Premier Player

Most of Canada does NOT want curling or lacrosse banned. I think that's something you may have overlooked.

Quote:
I also think that we should take the UEFA cup champions Leauge finals as a big prime time event!
Brilliant! I'm sure Real Madrid and Liverpool wouldn't mind playing the biggest game of the season at 3AM just so it could be seen primetime in NA.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2002, 23:06
Premier Player

The problem with your little idea is...Canada doesnt revolve around you !!!!!!

Curling is huge in this country, it will never be off. And lacrosse is arguably our national game. Soa agin, wont be off the air!

Yes I want more soccer, but the problem is, there arnt enough of us soccer fans to severly hurt the ratings if we say, decided to stop watching TSN untill we got some soccer. Its just the way it is, but maybe in time things will change

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2002, 06:07 Thread Starter
Premier Player

LISTEN!!!!!!

I gurantee you, Shut up this La'crosse game and Curling and i swear that soccer will be put as an option!

Don't you see whats going on?????? There forcing you to watch curling, yet who watches it? who is so intrested in watching Ontario vs. New Brunswick??? Can i see some hands?? anyone??

i think that prime time soccer....at tuesday nights will be good...already taped game of a match..any match in europe or world wide will be good

remember! We go by the same time zones as Brazil and Argentina, maybe it would be nice to see some Palmeries, Boca Juniors or Corthiniaz games???
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2002, 08:04
Premier Player

The average attendance at the Brier that was just held here in Calagary was higher than what the Flames pull in during the NHL season. So yeah, people do watch curling.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2002, 15:42 Thread Starter
Premier Player

But its sooooo boring that game??? I don't understand people? have we gone to an all time low?

what is the game anyways??? Mid-age moms, wearing crappy clothes that hickys wears, having this Huge sort of puck, throwing it on the ice and having her team it wipe the ice so it can hit as fast as it can in the bullseye area?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!

You know...in Germany, they have there own FUSBOL leauge...not soccer leauge, but a leauge that play like the Arcade game, where you have rows of men, kicking it in the net at one another....... im not sure if it is still there, but just goes to show that pathetic games are broadcast more than GOOD games!

Jazzy, Don't give in to Curling!
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2002, 15:38
Rookie

this is C A N A D A.......

got that.....

C A N A D A......

don't mess with curling, lacrosse or hockey......

all grr8888888888t sports.......

have patience, learn about them......

and so is soccer, of course.....
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2002, 23:43 Thread Starter
Premier Player

if i was PM, Curling should be more illegal than Marijuan!!!

You just watch one day when we'll fall apart to zambia or Botwasana in World Class curling! Than we'll speak some soccer!
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 00:13
Rookie

heavens to betsy.....

botswana over C A N A D A in curling.......

the country would immediately be shut down.....

what if they beat us in lacrosse and then hockey.......

oh my my my my........
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 16:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Note of Sarcasm!!! Note of Sarcasm!!!

You know what i hate about you guys??

This is a soccer forum! And its dying I love soccer and want to get into it, even if it is in Canada. I feel that even though lacrosse and those other whacky sports are big, i still want to see some change or reform made to soccer.

Instead, i get opposition! And the funny thing is that this is not a Sport forum, its a fully soccer forum i just don't get it!
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 17:08
Rookie

Post deleted by Jeff.

We don't advertise other soccer forums on Xtratime.

See Rule 6.

Last edited by Jeff; April 18th, 2002 at 23:04.
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 20:22
Rising Star

Post deleted by Jeff.

We don't allow advertising for other soccer forums at Xtratime.

Please read Rule 6.

Last edited by Jeff; April 18th, 2002 at 23:06.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 20:29
Premier Player

Teams: SL Benfica, Portugal NT
i agree with kappa, they show more curling then soccer? Thats mesed up, how can that even be considered a sport? What canada needs is there own soccer league
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 20:38
Premier Player

when an old fat out of shape geazer throws a rock down a piece thats is not a sport and neither is golf so i have no clue why canada is so fascinated with this damn game.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 20:44
Rising Star

Canada will only get its league when people will start coming out to Professional soccer games ...

ie A-League ...

Montreal
Calgary
Vancouver
Toronto
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2002, 20:45
Rookie

if curling is good enough for the winter olympics it should be good enough for you ....

many old farts may play the game but at it's highest level it's played by some pretty hot babes and slim & trim studs.....

curling is a gr888888888t game

BUT

soccer is a gr88888888888t R game

now let's start talkin some soccer.......
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2002, 00:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Thanks for the last posts that agreed with me!!

It is a ****ty game! no one realizes it! They just want to defend it!

Jerrek is courage to introduce novice people about the A-leauges, but we need a european touch to it! we need to get supported by European teams, so in so small sense, a team like PSG, PSV, AS ROMA will have small mini-teams in Canada. Its not much, buts its a good start.

Its like the leafs. The leafs have a team in St. Johns. We should have the same. They should have minor players, plus homegrown players, and if good, they can get international debut. We should also have relegation and TV rights!

No one here had the BALLS (Yes; im sorry to say) to come up in front, and introduce a plan of promotion. Its not like you have a huge sign on Spadina and college saying SOCCER!!!!!! @ Varsity stadium! We need commercials, Time on TV and most of all merchandise! We need to let the word out.

heres an example......
Lynx games...you have a door giveaway for the first 1,000 fans, a t-shirt! they wear it, they enjoy it and other people will follow! thats how you get fans. IN my native country they did the same! we should have it here! I would gladly appreciate it, and will be a regular attendance! And you can count on it, that i will be in for some gamers, perhaps the 1860 vs. Lynx will be my first

People cannot be ***** slapped around and here about ateam, while at another time. See that its folding up as well as there leuges!!

Also.......Let me ask all those Lacrosse/Curling suckups a question:

If You would never get any promotion, never get any advertisement or tv time? how do you, yourself expect to get such a fan base like the one you had? Afterr all, i don't see the average 11-12 year old calling Moma's sport COOL or Whimpy whammo 'hip', unless it gets the TV time it deserves, no?
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2002, 04:12
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Jarrek
Post deleted by Jeff.

We don't allow advertising for other soccer forums at Xtratime.

Please read Rule 6.
Nevermind.

Last edited by Jarrek; April 19th, 2002 at 06:01.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2002, 05:26
Rookie

the toronto rock lacrosse team doesn't get much media coverage yet their attendance is tremendous.....

the soccer people in this town can't believe it, can't explain it...

the toronto rock will do at the gate in one season what the lynx and the entire cpsl will do in a generation....

canada's pro soccer organizations have to become more professional off the field......these pro soccer organizations have to learn that they are in the entertainment business NOT the soccer business....

the a league / fox tv deal is a very good development.....

but the secret to this all is gonna be the venue.....place is very important in sport....

varsity was a perfect location for the lynx ...it's too bad the stadium could not be upgraded.....we'll see what happens at centennial.....

the cpsl, well it's hopeless from the point of view of marketing & promotion.....

pro soccer should study the success of the toronto rock......
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2002, 06:04 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Let jerrek say what he wants

May people have irrelevant things here!

I respect Jerrek, cause he's trying to promote Canadian soccer, thats why we are here too! and thats why i made this topic!

Thanks to him, i wouldn't be in the mist of buying tickets to see the lynx! Hopefully i'll see him there!

Forza Jerrek!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in