Xtratime Community banner

Telelatino sucks (and other earth-shattering news)

291 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Jeff 
#1 ·
Here's another example of why I bristle everytime I see a forumer extolling the virtues of TLN:

I settled into my comfy chair today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern and turned the channel to TLN to watch the Fiorentina v. AC Milan game "live" with English commentary. The TLN website, soccertv.com, and other TV listings all agreed that this event was to happen at 2:30.

Turns out the game was never going to be shown live anyway. It started at 1:30 p.m. (7:30 p.m. in Italy), not 2:30. At 2:30 TLN had one of their usual inane Italian programs on, with a brief message scrolling across the bottom of the screen, informing us (in Italian only) that the game then in progress would be shown at .... They didn't say!! The sentence was incomplete!!

I went to the internet: TLN's site still says live at 2:30, which is a bald-faced lie (when exactly did they figure out that the game was starting at 1:30; when did they decide to postpone the broadcast; and why didn't they correct the information they were giving to the public?).

I found another online TV guide that says it will be on at 5:30. I can only hope.

What incredible amateurism!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.