Cable Vs DSL - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2002, 00:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC
Cable Vs DSL

Hey I was wondering what kind of connection you guys have, and if you have an opnion on which high speed is better. I've had cable for over a year, and while the speed is great, the service is not dependable.

I thinking of switching to DSL, but I wonder if it is as fast as cable.

Soy Celeste, Soy Celeste,
Celeste soy yo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2002, 18:06
Rising Star

Hey Num Nuts we did a project on DSL vs Cable in school remember?? why are you asking and what does this question have to do with CANADIAN SOCCER ??? CMON Sab get with it man
i have DSL and ive used cable and there is really no difference DSL works Great in your AREA so you are lucky or else it might be slower in other areas. But were safe and cable slows down when your neighbors use it DSL is always fast
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2002, 20:14
Rising Star

Just as long as you don't have useless phone lines DSL is okay. I have DSL but live in an old house (not for much longer) and my DSL connection is useless.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2002, 01:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC
Quote:
Originally posted by FpF2002
Hey Num Nuts we did a project on DSL vs Cable in school remember?? why are you asking and what does this question have to do with CANADIAN SOCCER ??? CMON Sab get with it man
i have DSL and ive used cable and there is really no difference DSL works Great in your AREA so you are lucky or else it might be slower in other areas. But were safe and cable slows down when your neighbors use it DSL is always fast
Who the hell invited this nerd to the forums. Listen u geek I already know what we did in school, but I wanted the opinion of the public.

Hey FpF2002,

CST's are real men & SA's are flamers

Soy Celeste, Soy Celeste,
Celeste soy yo!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2002, 03:56
Star Player

Ive had cable for a year and Im very pleased with it. Now that Shaw has taken over Rogers in BC, the service has been almost perfect for me.

DSL I think might be slower. It costs far more to purchase too.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2002, 22:00
Rising Star

Dsl and Cable run for about the same money in Toronto Sebastian is kind of a lonley CST guy who wants people to talk to him and post replys it makes you feel like more of a man hey sab well its ok buddy i know you CST's are always trying to solve ways to make your selves more manly i did thats why i transferred to SA and now im more MAN then you will ever be you sorry excuse for a Dinband wannabe

ps again ill mention it but there is an AWAY FROM SOCCER FORUM where your punk ars can ask questions about Broadband technology but then again you CST's are still learning Arithmetic
so what would you know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in