Nothing new in this post but it does bear repeating
K_O_cowtown Stampsfans.com June 17, 2015
This was from the Flames Season ticket holders get-together:
- They were ready for an announcement right after the election but result has set that back temporarily. New government doesn't change much, just have to take the time to make sure they understand the scope of the project. Announcement coming soon
- Season ticket holders invited to the 'Dome to see it first. Spent a couple minutes saying he knows he's been saying that for five plus years and completely understands the frustration it has caused and accepts many wont believe him this time. Reiterated it will be the most ambitious project in Calgary in 50 plus years and everyone will love it, and it will be worth the wait.
- Expect the team to move into the new arena three years after the first shovel hits the ground
- The teams and fans deserve an arena with better access in and out, better sight lines, better seats, and better amenities. This will have it and more.
- Ken said fans of watching football will be much more comfortable doing so, and fans of amateur city sports will love the project as well
- A fan quoted King on the football comfort, directly asking if that means a dome or stadium with retractable roof. King said he couldn't answer at this time, but that the gentlemen is smart enough to figure out what he meant with his comfortable comments
- Arena will be about the same total capacity, but with two bowls
- Lower bowl will be much larger, and there will be more luxury suites
- A gentleman said he sits in level 3, row 1, and asked if there would be similar seats - King said sorry, we know you have the best-value seats in the league, but don't expect the new arena to have those in terms of view
- King followed up saying they do plan, in both the arena and football stadium, to keep price points close when the transition happens. Not just about money - they aren't greedy - but also about keeping the loyal fans.
- Football stadium will have a capacity between 30 and 35 thousand, expandable to 50 thousand for Grey Cup and similar events