FIRE DALE MITCHELL FROM THE SENIOR TEAM!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2007, 18:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Juventus--Toronto FC
FIRE DALE MITCHELL FROM THE SENIOR TEAM!!

I don't care if he doesn't even have 1 practice session under his belt. With how disorganized and tactically inept our u20s were, I don't even think he attended practices!!

He is a joke of a coach who, with the growing momentum this country has been experiencing in football with the FC and a great showing by our senior lads at the Gold Cup under Stephen Hart, has taken us 2 or 3 steps back with the shameful showing of our u20s.

Our seniors made some pretty big strides at the tournament under Stephen Hart, atleast they played with some sense of style practically outplaying the eventual champions and losing under very dubious circumstances in the semis scoring some highlite reel goals in the process.

Our u20s couldn't even score a goal all tournament. This is a huge mistake and unless the CSA decides to re-hire Hart, I'd do what a lot of football pundits in this country are suggesting and go with a foreign coach. Dale Mitchell will not grow this program, as seen with the u20's, he'll only tarnish it.

"Control Tevez and they literally become a mid-table side at best" - game_overroma
#yabuddy

VV la Prescrizione!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2007, 18:18
Banned
World Class Player

Teams: Romania, Dinamo Buc.
I am a prospect for the Youth NT,
So i don't want to say anything about him..

But I think his reputation in football got him the job,
And not his proven Coaching ability..
LETS hope it works out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2007, 18:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

You know what they say, if you had knee surgery it doesn't make you a knee surgeon. There have been plenty of players in all sports who never could coach.

Dale Mitchell is another example.

"Control Tevez and they literally become a mid-table side at best" - game_overroma
#yabuddy

VV la Prescrizione!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2007, 18:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'm going to have to agree, we're only regressing here.

Astonishing how the senior team played good, entertaining, short-passing football while the U-20s could barely string three passes together in the other team's half. Sorry, Edgar passing the ball around the back four for five minutes is not quality possession to me.

I understand the quality of the two teams was different, but we have to see the same coaching mentality at all levels so players can develop and be accustomed to a certain style. The only thing that stayed consistent was the 4-5-1 formation, even then Mitchell abandoned it.

It's easy to say Mitchell's not the man for the job after a recent failure, but the truth is that tons of us were pissed off when he was initially hired and nothing has occurred to change this stance.

We have TONS of good young talent(ages 18-24) and need somebody proper to develop it.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2007, 18:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
I'm going to have to agree, we're only regressing here.

Astonishing how the senior team played good, entertaining, short-passing football while the U-20s could barely string three passes together in the other team's half. Sorry, Edgar passing the ball around the back four for five minutes is not quality possession to me.

I understand the quality of the two teams was different, but we have to see the same coaching mentality at all levels so players can develop and be accustomed to a certain style. The only thing that stayed consistent was the 4-5-1 formation, even then Mitchell abandoned it.

It's easy to say Mitchell's not the man for the job after a recent failure, but the truth is that tons of us were pissed off when he was initially hired and nothing has occurred to change this stance.

We have TONS of good young talent(ages 18-24) and need somebody proper to develop it.
The problem I have is how poorly they played. Look it, you can lose all 3 games, get shutout in all 3 but atleast play a decent style of futbol which involves skill.

Our u20s did nothing remotely close to that. People are raving after yesterday's game...I'd say it was better than the first 2 but even still, there was hardly any fluidity to it. We were very impatient, no buildup, our D as soon as they retrieved it launched it...I mean, with that dump and chase mentality what's the point of playing with a midfield?

#yabuddy

VV la Prescrizione!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 15:26
Premier Player

Teams: A.C. MILAN
I agree wholeheartedly Cinque...Mitchell needs to vanish...to call our team horrible at the U20 is an understatement...Mitchell is already beginning to make excuses for nothing else than to protect his arse i.e. 'this is not the time to criticize or look at what's wrong'. Keeping in mind we were the host nation it is quite incredible how disorganized the team was and how they were out of focus...in the end it was desperation. This can't end with Mitchell either...CSA is a mess...province to CSA communication is competitive rather than co-operative...yes, there is the infamous Owen Hargraeves story but there are many more out there...kids going under the radar who end up being passed on or over looked by CSA only to play for the national team of their origin (Daniel Fernandes recently comes to mind).
... system is rotten to the core...there is lots of work to do..this showing or lack of it just proves it.

"Certi sogni non finiscono mai"
Alessandro Costacurta

"Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita"

Curva Sud

Last edited by Billy_Montreal; July 10th, 2007 at 16:18.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2007, 19:04 Thread Starter
Star Player

Steven Vittoria of Portugal is the latest. I mean, born and raised in Mississauga, barely got a sniff, he's currently in Porto's developmental program, Portugal came calling first...

Next thing you know he's playing in the u20s tournament for Portugal with a berth in the round of 16. Nice.

And in the upcoming months the fate of Jonathan De Guzman will be decided when we learn he'll be playing for Holland.

Talk about being on a roll for all the wrong reasons.

#yabuddy

VV la Prescrizione!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in