My trip to Canada - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 15:26 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Tricolor Paulista
My trip to Canada

Hi there on September I plan to go to canada and stay from 7th to 16th, the only thing I know is that on 15th I will be in Montreal for the Rush concert.

So my plan is to arrive in some cool town on 7th, have some nightlife plans then drive around canada for sight seeing, so basicly what I want is drive around nice towns party at night and at day visit or drive throught great scenery.

I´m open to suggestions.

Thank you canadians
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 19:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I will inform the authorities that you're coming.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 19:43
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Niagara Falls

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 19:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Yes, if you want to play lawn bowling with some old folks and pretend you're 90 years old. p

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 23:11 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
I will inform the authorities that you're coming.
pick me up at airport, I´m thinking of going to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa what do you recommend for night life and day activities.

also whats the driving time from Toronto to Montreal?

I think I´d problably drop quebec

Last edited by Liternit; May 29th, 2007 at 23:18.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 21:15
Star Player

Teams: Azzurri, Nerrazzurri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liternit
pick me up at airport, I´m thinking of going to Toronto, Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa what do you recommend for night life and day activities.

also whats the driving time from Toronto to Montreal?

I think I´d problably drop quebec
Toronto to Montreal drive time is about 5-6 hours, depending on speed/traffic.

I'm not the biggest fan of Quebec City, but I'd drop Ottawa before QC. In fact I'd hit Toronto-Montreal-Maritimes if you wanna party

Inter Milan - 2010 Treble Winners

Selected Memories - Check out my Photography
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 21:54 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

thanks man, so what do you suggest for me to do in Toronto? Great lakes are near right?

Here is what I want, arrive in Toronto have some night life and hang around the city for 3 days, then get a car and go to some scenery drive around the lakes and then move to Montreal stay there for the last days and watch the show.

So what should I do in Toronto and where should I drive and spend a night to see the lakes? Then where is maritimes? it can´t be far from Montreal because 10 days is not a lot, unless the flying there is cheap.

So what do you think?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 23:06
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liternit
thanks man, so what do you suggest for me to do in Toronto? Great lakes are near right?

Here is what I want, arrive in Toronto have some night life and hang around the city for 3 days, then get a car and go to some scenery drive around the lakes and then move to Montreal stay there for the last days and watch the show.

So what should I do in Toronto and where should I drive and spend a night to see the lakes? Then where is maritimes? it can´t be far from Montreal because 10 days is not a lot, unless the flying there is cheap.

So what do you think?
In Toronto there are lots of clubs/bars, and hey, you can always try to catch a Toronto FC game, the fan support for the team is actually quite surprising. Lots of cultural things to see if that's your thing too - museums, attractions, etc.

Lakes - Toronto is bordered to the south by Lake Ontario, so you can head to the waterfront which is always a cool place in the summer.

http://www.torontotourism.com/visitor is a good site to visit for more places to check out.

East of TO, there's the Thousand Islands Parkway, which is an awesome drive in the late summer/early fall.

You can take Highway 2 rather than the 401 to get from TO to MTL, since the 401 is the fastest yet the most boring way to drive between the two cities.

Yeah, if it's only 10 days Maritimes might be a little too much. They're the eastern provinces - New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia.

In Montreal of course you'd have the nightlife, better than Toronto's. Stay anywhere downtown and you'll have easy access to the Old Port, clubs, pubs, etc.

Don't forget, something to consider would be renting a car for the Toronto trip, then taking the train to MTL. Faster and possibly cheaper (I assume you'd be flying back home from Dorval in Montreal so you'd just need a one-way pass). Especially considering gas prices are so high, and you'd avoid the headaches of traffic. Then in MTL you can get around by metro/bus quite easily (if you stay downtown you can just walk everywhere, that's what I used to do)

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 23:08
Star Player

Oh, don't forget to check out http://www.tripadvisor.com/ , which is a great resource.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 23:25 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

blast

thanks a lot men, as for the car good advice, so you think I can make nice drives around toronto and just take a train to montreal? Isnt the scenery in highway 2 worth the extra hasle?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2007, 01:57
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
Lit,
If you really want to be blown away by amazing scenery while driving, then considering going west to Alberta and British Columbia. You'll be left speechless and in total enchantment. For night life, Montreal is the place even tough Toronto ain't that bad, but Montreal is just something different. Think of a Rio buzz with the Floripa level of gatas, if you know what I mean.

Other than that, I'd also suggest you not to rent a car, specially with the insane gas prices these days. Toronto-Montreal you can do it cheaply by bus, check Greyhound.ca. In Toronto, the bus/subway/street car (bondinho) is very efficient and very well organized and fast. In Toronto, stay near downtown and you'll be within walking distance to most attractions, save a few things but for these, you can easily and cheaply hop onto a bus/subway or street car and be there within minutes. Driving in downtown Toronto is highly unadvised. Very hard to find parking spots and when you find them, quite expensive. If I were you, I'd only rent a car if you were able to go west which is once again, absolutely breathe-taking. The Maritimes are nice and all, but the west is the big thing. You can fly cheaply from Toronto to Vancouver (just briefly checked,for $558, a one way ticket Toronto-Vancouver in mid-september just on Travelsensations.com. For tickets within Canada, check the following sites:
itravel2000.com
travelsensations.com

Any more questions, post them here or anything in particular, lemme know.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2007, 15:25 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Siro
Lit,
If you really want to be blown away by amazing scenery while driving, then considering going west to Alberta and British Columbia. You'll be left speechless and in total enchantment. For night life, Montreal is the place even tough Toronto ain't that bad, but Montreal is just something different. Think of a Rio buzz with the Floripa level of gatas, if you know what I mean.

Other than that, I'd also suggest you not to rent a car, specially with the insane gas prices these days. Toronto-Montreal you can do it cheaply by bus, check Greyhound.ca. In Toronto, the bus/subway/street car (bondinho) is very efficient and very well organized and fast. In Toronto, stay near downtown and you'll be within walking distance to most attractions, save a few things but for these, you can easily and cheaply hop onto a bus/subway or street car and be there within minutes. Driving in downtown Toronto is highly unadvised. Very hard to find parking spots and when you find them, quite expensive. If I were you, I'd only rent a car if you were able to go west which is once again, absolutely breathe-taking. The Maritimes are nice and all, but the west is the big thing. You can fly cheaply from Toronto to Vancouver (just briefly checked,for $558, a one way ticket Toronto-Vancouver in mid-september just on Travelsensations.com. For tickets within Canada, check the following sites:
itravel2000.com
travelsensations.com

Any more questions, post them here or anything in particular, lemme know.
thanks a million, now the questions

a) How far Alberta and British Columbia are from Toronto? I have just 10 days and I want to cram great night life to some great scenery. If they are too far is there something near Montreal and Toronto that is breath taking? With great looking lakes and the perfect pine trees?

b) Gas prices will not be a major issue considering how much we pay in Brasil the reason not to will be because its a waste of time since you pointed, there is nothing to drive to near toronto take makes a car worth? Considering if west is too far, because all I have to travel between Toronto to Montreal, if I can manage to put between then great!

I need to fill with something Between Toronto and Montreal, so its party Toronto - Scenery - Montreal party and Rush concert.

Also if you could remember where you stayed in Toronto and Montreal and how much is the room for the day it would give me an average idea of how much to take.

Are there any hotel chains in Canada like Accor, that is cheap and with descent quality?

c) Most important of all, how do you rate the woman: in terms of body, looks and how approachable they are?

Cold like the good looking Paulistas, Friendly like the south girls or like the americans hard to kiss but easy to stick into them? The more details you provide the better p

And is there a huge difference between Toronto and Montreal girls in terms of personality?

thanks
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2007, 15:28 Thread Starter
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

just to make your job easier, seen the distance and west is too far, its closer to Vancouver so I won´t have the time. Is there a place on the east which such scenery, I know its hard since its part of Rocky mountain, but arent the lakes just as nice?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2007, 00:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

lol, come to Lake Ontario and see the gorgeous scenery like garbage, dumped cars(!!), and maybe a dead body if you're lucky. Gorgeous!

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2007, 00:45
IVO
International
World Class Player

You surely have a wrong impression of the great lakes, they're not something to see. Scratch that off your "to do list" don't think about it, just do it, trust me.

There really isn't much to see between Toronto and Montreal. Montreal is okay but it's much smaller than Toronto and in no way does it come close to the description San Siro gave it, I don't know what you're smoking Payman, no offence.

That being said you'll like Montreal better because Toronto will be too North American for anybody outside of North America.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2007, 04:58
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
IVO,
For sure that TO is way bigger than Montreal but Montreal is WAY more fun and cooler of a place than TO. That's what I meant in my previous post. Sure TO deserves a few days to be spent there as Toronto also has some stunning places and highly recommendable cultural places to see and go and a not so bad party scene as well.

Lit, answering your questions:
a) Toronto-Vancouver (BC) by air is about 5 hours. Think going from the extreme south of Rio Grande do Sul to the extreme north of Roraima, in other words, uma caminhada, né? Alberta is a little bit closer. Think a POA-Manaus. By car, don't even think about it unless you a minimum of 1month as driving from TO to Alberta and or British Columbia, you're looking at a good entire week driving. It'd be cool if you're with friends have loads of time. On a 10 day trip, if you can, plane it, you won't regret it. Specially do not miss Banff in Alberta, one of the most gorgeous natural parks anywhere in the world. And of course, Vancouver should not be missed as well along British Columbia.

I have no clue about hotels's price in Toronto and Montreal. I live in Toronto and have loads of relatives here so there's never any need to stay in a hotel, other than the occasion trip to the motel, but that's, well, universal, hey? Speaking of motels, mind you they are nowhere near as fancy as Motel Vips in Rio which simply blows your mind with their private swimming pools with views of the ocean, waterfalls in the pools and even some suites with swimming pools inside the freaking rooms!!!!UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!! I hope you've at least experienced it once, if not, do it next time you're in Rio. Not cheap but well worth every single centavos!

Same thing for hotels in Montreal as I have relatives there, so not too familiar with the hotels there. But I'd be also interested in knowing how much are the hotels in Montreal as I may go there in the next few weeks with a bunch of friends and stay in a hotel just to party like crazy.

c) Women: Canadian women are gorgeous face-wise. Body wise, not as sexy as the proverbial and killer Carioca, Paulista, Gaucha or Brasileira in general. Attitude wise, you'd get the best and most open-minded and liberal and coolest ones in Quebec and Montreal. They're hot, beautiful, sexy, feminine, fashionable, very flirty and willing and down to earth there. Unlike in Toronto where the general feeling among the ladies is that they are made of gold and hence, have a somewhat arrogant attitude.

And as you may know, contrary to Brasileiras, where kissing means nothing, a Canadian girl, once you've kissed, she's all yours and she can be quite imaginative and a real athlete, perhaps not a triathlete like the Brasileiras but you'd be surprised what kinky things they'd do and be willing to do with the right approach.

Personality-wise difference between Torontonian and Montrealers girls is that generally speaking, the Quebecoises are more down to earth and cooler and ready for anything fun and above all, more European, hence more classy but in Toronto, you'd find also some very classy ladies, well cultured, well travelled and sophisticated. All in all, women wise, you'd have a good fun in Toronto but you'd have a blast in Montreal.

Overall, another thing for you to keep in mind is that the cost of living in Montreal is a lot lower than in Toronto.

A good schedule for you would be for your 10 days:
Day 1-2 Toronto, Niagara Falls.
Day 3-6 Banf (Alberta) then Vancouver (BC), Victoria, Whistler if you're into skying, the best bar none ski resort in North America.
Day 7-10 Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, another fabulous ski resort.

Btw, check the special edition of Viagem (viajeaqui.com.br) which just released a special Canada issue that I bought at the Galeao 2 weeks ago. A good introduction to Canada, specially for someone with a limited time to visit this huge and extremely diversely rich country as Canada.

More questions, just shoot'em'up!

Cheers.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!

Last edited by San Siro; June 6th, 2007 at 05:06.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 20:55
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Facchetti
Niagara Falls
he will have to pass through Hamilton to get there. Expect a culture shock, Liternit.

Be sure to stop by, I will show you the beautiful Great Lakes scenery here:

Last edited by Serb; July 14th, 2007 at 21:05.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in