Montreal soccer stadium thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 20:31 Thread Starter
Rookie

Montreal soccer stadium thread

Sometimes I wonder if and wish Joey Saputo visited this site to hear me out. Please!!!! We need a soccer stadium expandable to at least 20 000. I'm a long time Impact supporter even before they were called Impact. I supported this team when it was called Montreal Supra and I'm excited to see what it has become today. Let's please not stop there and think bigger and better!!! Forza Impact and it's new stadium...and MLS expansion!!!
Any Montrealer as excited as I am about the furure of "The beautifull game" in this great city, please make yourself be heard and express your desire for a soccer stadium downtown fit for a city of our class and I ll do whatever it takes to have Mr. Saputo see this...I'll even run on the field (and in the streets too if needed) dressed as a piece of Saputo mozzarella cheese if thats the concern of joining the MLS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 20:40
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona, Los Islanders
I tell you, I played with PR Islanders in our first season in USL and when we went to Montreal we finally met fans that could match what we had in Puerto Rico. In fact, it was even greater.

The atmosphere in the stadium was electric, the ground was surrounded by fans and everyone was very positive and seemed to really enjoy the game. The team plays very well and from the first moment I thought "this team should be in MLS for sure, or at least a team from Montreal should be"

I admit I was happy but surprised to see a team was made in Toronto, happy because I think USA and Canada can grow in this wonderful sport together, surprised because Toronto was chosen before Montreal.

Don't get me wrong, I think a team in Toronto is great, but I think that if they (MLS chiefs) believe that a team in Toronto will be a success than surely a team in Montreal will be a giant, no?

Maybe in time this will be a reality, I don't know personally and I will admit i dont know the reality of what is happening in Montreal w/MLS but this is a great market with great potential, at least from what I saw.

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 22:06 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosMiguel
I tell you, I played with PR Islanders in our first season in USL and when we went to Montreal we finally met fans that could match what we had in Puerto Rico. In fact, it was even greater.

The atmosphere in the stadium was electric, the ground was surrounded by fans and everyone was very positive and seemed to really enjoy the game. The team plays very well and from the first moment I thought "this team should be in MLS for sure, or at least a team from Montreal should be"

I admit I was happy but surprised to see a team was made in Toronto, happy because I think USA and Canada can grow in this wonderful sport together, surprised because Toronto was chosen before Montreal.

Don't get me wrong, I think a team in Toronto is great, but I think that if they (MLS chiefs) believe that a team in Toronto will be a success than surely a team in Montreal will be a giant, no?

Maybe in time this will be a reality, I don't know personally and I will admit i dont know the reality of what is happening in Montreal w/MLS but this is a great market with great potential, at least from what I saw.
carlos, you re a good lad and everything u said is %100 dead on the money. thanks for your support!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2006, 14:03
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona, Los Islanders
No problem. Best of luck to Montreal in achieving a MLS team, it will be great when that day arrives.

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2006, 02:39
Premier Player

Teams: A.C. MILAN
Unfortunately it will not happen..not while Saputo is at the helm anyway or unless the MLS has an overhaul in terms of sponsorship...you see Kraft is a major sponsor of the MLS and a direct competitor of Saputo in the North American market: big NO NO...it does not make finanicial sense for Saputo to throw money into a league that has KRAFT sponsorship splashed across the stadiums.
REASON TWO: MLS owns most teams and runs the league like a franchise..they retain majority ownership of teams ... Saputo will not let this happen and have confirmed that they do not intend to have another entity (MLS) be a majority shareholder.
Unfortunately, no other QUEBEC company is as passionate and supportive of Soccer as Saputo so I guess we should just be glad we have a team at all

"Certi sogni non finiscono mai"
Alessandro Costacurta

"Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita"

Curva Sud
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 23:47
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in