Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2004, 09:21
Star Player

Teams: PYUNIK,INTER

Who is he i she good

THE XT ARMENIAN FOOTBALL FORUM CREATOR AND FOUNDER.

THE XT INTERISTA OF THE YEAR 2004 WINNER.

I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST.

With respect,
A. V.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2004, 22:26
Premier Player

Might want to check the Video Forum, Dwayne potted himself a fairly nice one, not a bad dance either

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2004, 02:17
World Class Player

Teams: Internazionale
I saw him play yesterdays vs the Los Angelos Galaxy, he's a force on the left wing. Has good skill and I could certainly see him as a star in the MLS, they were talking about how he got called up to the Canadian national team.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2004, 03:18
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
He is a good player and tricky...he used to dribble alot...his game is simplified now. He will be a good player for the canadian nationa team A good dribbler and tricky
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2004, 19:17
Star Player

Teams: PYUNIK,INTER
really???

THE XT ARMENIAN FOOTBALL FORUM CREATOR AND FOUNDER.

THE XT INTERISTA OF THE YEAR 2004 WINNER.

I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST.

With respect,
A. V.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2004, 01:35
Rising Star

Really ...

Yeah, I also saw that goal, it was nice indeed.

It's good to see that Canada is producing more and more quality players. Hopefully we can aim at that World Cup entrance ...
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2004, 04:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
De Rosario picked by fans for MLS Goal of the Week

Dwayne De Rosario’s spectacular volley on Saturday, August 7, which capped the San Jose Earthquakes’ 2-0 victory over D.C. United, captured Sierra Mist Goal of the Week honors for the week ending August 8, 2004 (Week 19).

The Canadian international’s fourth goal of the year was also his second to have captured the weekly honors (Week 3), joining D.C. United’s Alecko Eskandarian as the only two-time winner of the award during the 2004 season.

The Goal of the Week winner is determined from a selection of finalists through a fan vote conducted on the Sierra Mist Goal of the Week section of Major League Soccer's official web site: http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/sights/ - (watch the goal here).
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 15:54
Rising Star

Dwayne De Rosario

Two players on trial at AGF Aarhus

The 21-yo former NK Dinamo Zagreb and IFK Göteborg midfielder Patrice Kwedi (Cameroun) and 26-yo Canadian international (27 caps, 7 goals), Dwayne De Rosario, have both been handed a trial by the Danish Superliga club AGF this week. Dwayne De Rosario won the MLS Sierra Mist "Goal of the Year" 2004 award, playing for the San Jose Earthquakes (see link),

http://sanjose.earthquakes.mlsnet.co...s/2004/sierra/
---

Despite his excellent "MLS goal of the year", how highly rated is he in Canada ? or what kind of player is he ?.. and does he have "glass-legs" , since it seems that he has been injured alot the past few years ??...

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 20:29
Star Player

I don't much about him as coverage of Canadian soccer players suck but I always thought he was a very good player. Even on the International level he was a threat albeit against low ranked teams. Though he is very good and could be of use for you guys.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 21:01
Rising Star

Canadian coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangari_Italia
I don't much about him as coverage of Canadian soccer players suck but I always thought he was a very good player. Even on the International level he was a threat albeit against low ranked teams. Though he is very good and could be of use for you guys.
Just thought I'd offer some help

Canadian Soccer Boards (not including local boards)
Network54
http://www.network54.com/Forum/4693

UBB Forum
http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/

BigSoccer
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Canadian Soccer Association
http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/index.asp

Canadians in US Colleges courtesy Andrew at BigSoccer
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121732
http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=4338

Are you living temporarily in Canada? We could use someone familiar with the setup to help keep an eye on developments in Italy.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 03:26
Star Player

Thanks alot Joe. No, I was born in Canada and am only half Italian, which is why I like the Italian team. I'll talk to a couple of guys in the Italian forum who access to the primavera league in Italy where a couple of our guys are stationed and see what they think but it I wouldn't expect much. They don't really know a lot about the young Italian players . Thanks again. Oh and welcome don't think I've talked to you, but I have read a couple of you threads you started.

Last edited by Zangari_Italia; January 25th, 2005 at 03:37.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 04:06
Rising Star

Sorry, when you said could be of use for you guys I assumed you weren't Canadian.

Have a look at the players abroad list. When I really got into this heavily about 6 years ago (been a CMNT fan for 30 years) we were thrilled about Rad going to Anderlecht and Jimmy B at Forest. There might have been 10 guys abroad at low levels. Things have changed dramatically as far as player development.

Canada is going to start making some waves sooner or later. There are a lot of CSA whiners at some sites because the CMNT has had problems but with the men playing at higher and higher levels things will get better. They can't help but get better and people will jump on the bandwagon.

Watching our U20 play Spain gives me confidence. We've had a bad run because of the adjustment we will have to make about our best players in Europe not being able to play together. When we get that figured out; Look out :thmbup:
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 14:55
Rising Star

man it's hard to believe that i actually went to the same high school as dwayne de rosario
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 16:58
Star Player

No problem Joe I was refering to De Rosario being on trial at AFG. Ohh in the Italian forum I started a thread "Canadians in Italy????" and put the list of names you provided in another thread there. It's in the Italian Leagues and Cups section.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 17:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangari_Italia
No problem Joe I was refering to De Rosario being on trial at AFG. Ohh in the Italian forum I started a thread "Canadians in Italy????" and put the list of names you provided in another thread there. It's in the Italian Leagues and Cups section.
Thanks dude. Amen, spread the gospel. It's about time we had some more players in Italy and Spain. It seems to go in cycles. I think the hot player agents have connections with a certain place and for a time players seem to trial there.

Lower level England was hot then Scotland, then Germany, then Sweden/Norway now it seems to be MLS and Denmark. Hopefully Italy and Spain will warm up someday.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2005, 08:26
Star Player

Well our players are really improving. I noticed how some house league players who were a couple of years younger than me were much better techniquely than I am today. Soccer is definately on the up, but as Radzinzki has said we need some cash to really help our team.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2005, 12:36
Rising Star

Thanks for the info...

Dwayne De Rosario is doing well at the AGF training camp where he is on trail along with 2 other players at the moment, 21-yo D/DM Patrice Kwedi (Cameroun, former Dinamo Zagreb and IFK Göteborg) and the 25-yo Norwegian AM/F Christer George who is a former Norwegian international (2 caps) and has played 67 league games for Rosenborg mostly as a right winger/forward and also scored some CL goals for the club... I dont know if AGF is interested in signing both Dwayne and Christer, but they are both traveling to Sweden to play for AGF at a indoor tournament tomorrow against Kalmar FF, Halmstads BK and Östers IF...

After having axed both Stig Třfting (Den, 41 caps) and Wade Barrett (USA, 1 cap) and also losing Brian Steen Nielsen (Den, 66 caps, now assistant coach at AGF) and selling their 27-yo Swedish AM/F Jeffrey Aubynn (Swe, 4 caps) to Hammarby a few days ago, AGF is working very hard to find several good reinforcements, looking all over Europe with the help of the former Danish international, John Sivebćk (Thomas Gravesen's Agent) who was at the AGF training camp a few days ago and also has been named as one of the absolute favorites to get the job as new sports director at AGF....

It could be Dwayne's "luck", that AGF perhaps want to sign two new A/MF's, since the AGF forward and Icelandic international (56 caps) Helgi Sigurđsson is out for several month with a serious injury...

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 22:31
Rising Star

News about Dwayne De Rosario:

AGF have had 3 players on trial this past week, but non of them have been offered a contract. Norwegian Christer George has already left Aarhus, while Dwayne De Rosario and Patrice Kwedi are going to stay a few days more at the club.

"We have not signed any contracts yet. Christer seems to be the best of the three, but he's also the most expensive. These things are often connected, so we have not yet decided," says Sören Ĺkeby to forza.dk.

Link in Danish:
http://www.forza.dk/index.php/news/show/id=73
----

It's difficult to say what is going to happen, but I find it strange that they forgot to write Rosario's name as one of the new exciting names on trial along with Christer George and Patrice Kwedi, on the official AGF website today... It could be a mistake though...

The general opinion among the AGF fans that went to Sweden to watch the training games, seem to be that Rosario worked very hard, but wasnt quite as fit and perhaps also lacked a bit technique in compare with the Rosenborg player Christer George... Though other seem to think ther werent all that much difference and that Rosario did fairly well despite not looking quite as fit. It's to Rosario's advantage that he's a Bosman player, while Christer George probably cost alot of money and then AGF also let Rosario stay a few more days to have a closer look at him...

However, AGF are in no hurry to sign anyone, since the Danish FA have extended the transfer window, meaning that Danish clubs are allowed to sign players from both Danish and foreign clubs to the end of Febuary. According to FIFA regulations, the national FA's are allowed to make this adjustment. So though we have the most strict immigration laws in Europe, it's the quite opposite when it comes to football players since even the taxes are lower when foreign players sign contracts with Danish clubs (25% taxes)...
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2005, 00:18
Rising Star

I hope you don't mind but I have posted a few of your responses on another board (attributing them to you). You've been providing great info on the Denmark scene.

If it's a problem here are the other major boards for Canadian soccer and if you like you can post there yourself.

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=5785

Don't worry mods I'm not trying to steal posters. :smileani: Actually there are already many people who post at two or more of the boards already. By posting the addresses of the other boards, instead of stealing people it seems to be generating more traffic to each of the sites as many are not aware that the other boards exist.

Canadian Soccer Boards (not including local boards)
Network54
http://www.network54.com/Forum/4693

UBB Forum
http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/

BigSoccer
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in