Euro 2004 in Toronto!!!!!!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2004, 02:02 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
Euro 2004 in Toronto!!!!!!!!

We are roughly 93 days away from the tournament, and let me say that if you live in this city, the excitement in the European Community doesn't get any higher than this! So, to add that extra flavour(I know this has 0 to do with Canadian soccer), I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread to show where everyone will be watching the games in the City or around the GTA.

For me, I will probably watch the Spanish Games at the Club Hispano, preferably since it is the most Spanish in Toronto. The best soccer bar for me is Swan Club on St.Clair/Oakwood, with a huge screen and a great atmosphere.

Still Madridista and apparently I have no honor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2004, 18:48
Premier Player

Teams: Portugal NT
Re: Euro 2004 in Toronto!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
We are roughly 93 days away from the tournament, and let me say that if you live in this city, the excitement in the European Community doesn't get any higher than this! So, to add that extra flavour(I know this has 0 to do with Canadian soccer), I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread to show where everyone will be watching the games in the City or around the GTA.

For me, I will probably watch the Spanish Games at the Club Hispano, preferably since it is the most Spanish in Toronto. The best soccer bar for me is Swan Club on St.Clair/Oakwood, with a huge screen and a great atmosphere.
i've been to Swan to watch Brasil-portugal..nice place

and you're right Spaniard....it's going to be crazy in T.O...for especially considering i 'm married to an italian..ha ha
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2004, 17:05
Rookie

STRAIGHT UP! St.Clair when Italy wins if OFF THE HOOK!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2004, 20:11
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
During the Euro, I'll be down in Paradise, aka Brasil. So, I'll be watching the games there.

I might be back for the 1/2 final and final which I don't know yet where I'll be watching them in TO. So if you guys would like to meet for either of these games, let me know, it would be fun!

Cheers.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2004, 06:37
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Toronto FC, Fiorentina, Barça
Canadian-born singer Nelly Furtado's 'Forca' has been chosen as the official song of the Euro 2004 soccer championship being held in Portugal, tournament organizers said on Monday.

Furtado, who was born in Canada to Portuguese emigrant parents from the Azores, will sing the song as part of the entertainment before the final at the Stadium of Light on July 4 and is likely to release a new version in Portuguese.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2004, 02:01
Winter is Coming.
World Class Player

Teams: Liverpool F.C, TFC, BVB
San Siro you are canadian?

England! At home!

alm:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2004, 02:16 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid
Correct me if I'm wrong but the big first round matches in terms of countries that have high minorities living in Toronto will be:

Portugal-Greece
Portugal-Russia
Greece-Russia
England-Croatia
Bulgaria-Italy
Germany-Holland

Damn..... Toronto will be on Fire

Still Madridista and apparently I have no honor
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2004, 15:53
Forum Manager
Star Player

I think you'll also find high interest levels in all the Group D matches, especially those involving Germany and its former military conquests.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2004, 16:39
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid, Real Valladolid, Toronto FC
Does anyone know if any channels will be broadcasting the friendly between Spain and Italy next Wednesday? I would love to see the game ,but I'll be at work. So my second option is to record it and watch it in the evening, but I don't think anyone is showing it.

Viva Real Madrid y España!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2004, 18:51
Forum Manager
Star Player

It's as predictable as rain in April: the usual pre-tournament announcement by referees that they will clamp down on rough play in the World Cup/ European Championship/ Olympics/ or what have you.

Also as predictable is the result: The outcomes of the first couple of games are decided by the referees, as they sternly hand out red cards for minor infractions, just as a warning to the whole tournament.

Then after a few more matches, they let players go back to business as usual, and in the playoff rounds, you hardly ever see cards shown for even the most egregious of fouls.

The only mystery this time is which Greek and Russian players are going to be sent off on Day 1.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2004, 20:23
International

Well my native country didn't make it :depress:

I will follow the competition, rest assure, it's just that I am not sure what team I'll be cheering for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in