what is better,the CPSL or the A-LEAGUE?? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2003, 14:20 Thread Starter
Rookie

what is better,the CPSL or the A-LEAGUE??

there are canadian teams both in the A-LEAGUE and in the CPSL

i'd like to know which league is better and if the teams from the CPSL meet those of the a-league in a canadian cup or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2003, 00:28
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

--
To be honest with you Y&B they are both garbage.

Reprezentaciju ste ukrali, istinu ne možete

"Football is an extension of the war by other means"

Franjo Tudman

PS. Iako si najavio ne moraš dolaziti u Hercegovinu, ovamo nisi dobodošao. Sasvim sigurno su ti otvorena vrata onih koji su skupa sa tobom radili na zabrani utakmice, i otvorena su ti vrata njihovog grada gdje se pale i brane hrvatske zastave.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 03:34
Rising Star

Jarrek

A-League hands down. And to say that the league is garbage would be being very shortsighted. Toronto's A-League team has produced some excellent players for the national squad. Paul Stalteri and Dwayne DeRosario would be some of the more recognizable names.

Radzinski played in the old CSL and the former CNSL for the St. Catherines Roma ... While the standard of play might be not the greatest, the league does a lot to contribute to the game in Canada.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 19:32
Rising Star

Toronto Lynx has beaten the best in the CPSL whenever the team came a calling..But the CPSL is improving and new changes, such as making it an under-2 3 league with three above 23 players might make even much better.Further many CPSL teams have "farm teamS" playing in the OSL (Ontario Soccer League) mainly due to the fact that most of these players are on Amercian scholarship and can't play professionally

But the fact remains the best players on the CPSL would most definitely play for the Lynx rather than any CPSL team
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2003, 07:23
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

...and the fact that I can walk on any of those teams and nutmeg at will proves it's garbage.

And I've done so after not playing amateur soccer for 4 years.

Cheers

Franjo Tudman

PS. Iako si najavio ne moraš dolaziti u Hercegovinu, ovamo nisi dobodošao. Sasvim sigurno su ti otvorena vrata onih koji su skupa sa tobom radili na zabrani utakmice, i otvorena su ti vrata njihovog grada gdje se pale i brane hrvatske zastave.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2003, 17:09
Premier Player

I went to see Hamilton vs. north York last night. All in all a decent game. The score was 2-2 with all 4 goals being nice. Actually the first 3 were long range efforts.

Will definitely be going to other games. $10 is a good deal to support the sport here and be entertained. Much more entertaining than a movie for $14.00.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2003, 00:30
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Ljubuski
...and the fact that I can walk on any of those teams and nutmeg at will proves it's garbage.

And I've done so after not playing amateur soccer for 4 years.

Cheers
Really, so why aren't you in the MLS?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2003, 03:37
Rising Star

Ljubuski don't kid yourself. I'm sure you could barely keep up with the players in the CPSL, let alone the A-League.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2003, 08:35
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

--
Dude I've played in the CPSL and against others who played A-League.

You think I'd post that without me being able to play?

Barely eh? Good one.

Domino...'cause to get anywhere in soccer here esp. you need connections. You don't got em you aint going nowhere just like everything else.

I've played MLS players also. Good but nowhere near the quality of what I saw in Europe.

Have a nice day.

Franjo Tudman

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2003, 09:09 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ljubuski
--
Dude I've played in the CPSL and against others who played A-League.

You think I'd post that without me being able to play?

Barely eh? Good one.

Domino...'cause to get anywhere in soccer here esp. you need connections. You don't got em you aint going nowhere just like everything else.

I've played MLS players also. Good but nowhere near the quality of what I saw in Europe.

Have a nice day.
5 or 6 years ago the top european teams were better than the MLS but now i think that an MLS team can give a real good fight to top class european teams
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2003, 23:59
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

--
I don't think so right now but maybe one day soon.

Franjo Tudman

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2003, 16:18
Rising Star

Teams: Olomouc
I am a big supporter of the Ottawa Wizards (CPSL), but for the most part the CPSL is a poorly run amateur league. It is a good regional league and that is all. One team in the league isn't playing any home games this year and another club just 'noticed' that their nets are not regulation size. The people who run the league couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag.

With that being said, Ottawa lost last week 2-1 to Charlotte (A-League) and they didn't look out of place. Ottawa would near the bottom of the league with their current team, but if they added about 4-5 quality players they would be a decent A-League club.

Football in the Czech Republic and Macedonia

http://www.moravianfootball.blogspot.com
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2003, 00:07
Keyboard Hero
World Class Player

--
I played in the CPSL for a little bit and for a while in the OSL.

The quality of play isn't all that bad for a regional Canadian team.

But the organization of football here always has been and always will be of a shomaker class. I remember games where we had to call guys off the bleachers to fill in the 11.

I dearly do hope it can change but the inherent corruption of ALL levels of soccer here is the greatest barrier to making the soccer in this country world class.

We have great athletes but the mess that is the OSA, CSA CPSL and everything else is the reason why the soccer situation in this country is laughable.

Plus the masses here just don't like the sport and that is another problem unto itself.

ps. If there's any one way to change the problem it's this. Every youth club should have a men's team where the rep players can develop through. Makes sense. All these independent amateur clubs are hindering the way players are supposed to develop.

I'm including ethnic clubs also unless they have their own youth program.

My local club is one of the most prestigious in NA but has no Men's team representing the town in the OSL. Each town (or youth club if possible) should have a team where they fight out for a league championship and relegation accordingly.

The ethnic teams have done a great deal in holding the line as the inherent structure was a rot to begin with.

But they are a major block in what needs to be done. Once a system where everything is aligned with the OSL and to FIFA then things could improve and rapidly at that.

Once it's organized properly with efficiency then maybe the masses will follow to some degree.

(Praying to God for that one)

Cheers Gentlemen.

Franjo Tudman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in