Anecdotes, stories and personal experience about Milan - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2002, 16:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
This thread is to be UNsticked! So, Payman, and anyone with a desire to post here - just dig in the thread any time you decide to post sth. and make it active again.
Its a good and very enjoyable thread but the general opinion in the fm is that there are too many stickies and we need less!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 03:41 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Teams: Magico Milan/Les Bleus
Bono and all the other FM's of this forum,
I find this to be extremely disrespectful to "unsticky" this thread. I don't know if you guys can imagine the amount of time, effort put into coming up with these stories, translating them, typing them and so forth, but it took a great deal of my and Lorena's time to do so. The least you could do is leave it as a sticky, as the information contained in here, you could find it in very very few places, unless you happen to either live in Milano, or know someone who's been a long long time Milan fan. So, I am kindly asking you guys, to place put this thread back into a sticky. This thread is my personal contribution to, not only this Milan forum, but also I believe to the whole Xtratime community. Not that I am looking for any special attentino, but this is some hard to find info that I believe not only every Milanista worthy of the name, should know, but also very informative to the not Milan fans as this tell us/them about who we truly are and where we're coming from.
I am aware and understand that you guys ( or rather ladies...) find it "annoying" to have so much stickies that you even don't even care about or take the time to read, but there are others who actually do read these stickies, and most importantly, take their personal times to contribute to them.

I want to thank you in advance for your comprehension and cooperation and hopefully, I won't have to literally fight for this. A little respect here is I believe needed.

Cheers.

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

Comprate chi volete, ma il nostro spirito non l'avrete mai!
post #23 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 11:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Payman,

I have told you so many times not to take such things so personal. Everyone I am sure respects your efforts and your contribution to XT and Milan fans with this topic. I dont think there is a question about it. However, I dont see a reason for you not to reenstigate this thread everytime you have sth to post. Most if not everyone here has read the jokes and I am sure are not re-reading them every day and not even every week. So once you have a new one you will post it, ppl will read it and will comment. Suddenly, the thread will be alive untill the interest drops, i.e. everyone has read it. Why should it stay as a sticky? If the only reason is "to show some respect to my efforts" then I am not sure how genuine your plea is ...

Still this is opened to discussion. If you gather some support from the Milan fans using the forum, them I will be happy to reisntall this thread as sticky. I wont do it just because one is asking!

post #24 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 13:42 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by San_Siro_1
Not that I am looking for any special attention, but this is some hard to find info that I believe not only every Milanista worthy of the name, should know, but also very informative to the not Milan fans as this tell us/them about who we truly are and where we're coming from.

Hope this helps to have you guys understand what I was originally asking for...

"En su vida, un hombre puede cambiar de mujer, sus opiniones politicas o su religion pero no su equipo de futbol." Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayen poet.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

post #25 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 13:52
International

Teams: AC Milan, Italy
Come on Payman man...

I mean it's an awesome thread and it makes me proud to be a Milan fan, and I appreciate your time and effort in making this thread, but I don't see any need to keep it as a sticky. Like he said, whenever you've got new stories then you can post them and we will read them, but it's not use having the same things all the time.

Catch the drift...

AC MILAN
IL CLUB PIU' TITOLATO AL MONDO
post #26 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 15:03 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

Fair enough.

The following are a couple of great annecdotes involving the referee Trantalange and Milan. From the November issue of Forza Milan! Enjoy!

First of all, in his first game at the San Siro, in January of 89, during a Coppa Italian game between Milan and Messina. Milan wins 6-0. During that game, Trantalange gave 4 penalty kicks, 3 for Milan and one for Messina. The fact that will be forever remembered in that game is that all 3 penalties for Milan were taken and scored by...Baresi in what was to become his only hat-trick of his legendary career.

Now, here's a very funny annecdote involving Trantalange and Milan. Trantalange doesn't remember whether this was a friendly game or a Coppa Italia game, but he was about to whistle the start of the game, when he noticed that on the Milan bench, was sitting a certain Silvio Berlusconi. The Serie A rules do not allow members of the board of a club or the president to sit on the bench during a game. So Trantalange realizing that, he approached Milan's captain, Baresi and asked him to politely pray the Milan president to go sit in the stands. Baresi, smiled and told Trantalange: "I really don't feel like doing that." Trantalange, then, still embarrassed, went towards the Milan bench and asked, not Berlusconi in person, but Silvio Romaccion, one of Milan's managers to ask Berlusconi to leave the bench and go sit on the stands. Romaccioni, understood very easily Trantalange's embarrassment and asked Berlusconi. Berlusconi, with a smile, went towards the stands.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

post #27 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 16:17
aim
Premier Player

Teams: only Milan
Mod: this one should be put as sticky. You may need clean up some other "sticky" posts, but not this one.
post #28 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2002, 16:49
International

Teams: AC milan, Brazil NT, Italy NT
I stand for the cause of Payman about this thread to be made a sticky.
AC Milan is a great team with a rich history. And this thread is a showcase of this history and all Milan supporters should be proud of. I am sure all Supporters of Milan are proud of our team and respect it. But not all are educated on the history part. I extend my hand to congratulate Payman and other contributers. They have reminded us of the great past.

We are flying high at the moment. Both in Serie A and Champions League. But I ask moderaters to keep this thread as a sticky as we can draw strength from these posts in heavy weather and use these information to tighten our believe in this Milan. I see it this way.

It is my opinion, but FMs are free to be discreet if they find this thread a hindarance. I do not think 3 stickies are too much. Not for true supporters at least.

Lets paint the world Red & Black again.

Proud Owners of SIX European Champion Trophies

King of the European season 2002-2003
post #29 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 00:39
Star Player

Teams: TORO, River, Union, many others
I join, though I don't count since I'm involved with the theard

Every energy, smile, blink, inbreath, heartbeat skip, gesture of longing in my life comes from you,Toro!

The stars are the eyes of all our beloved and departed fellow Granata, reflecting their love upon their kin... us.

Nereo Rocco, 1912-1978
FACCHETTI, PUSKAS, LIEDHOLM, MYTHS OF A LONG-LOST SOCCER
post #30 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 06:05
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
I dun mind this thread being sticky....
post #31 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 14:37 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

People are requesting this thread to remain as a sticky. However, the main question is, do the mods of this forum want this to be a sticky, regardless of what others think? That is the question...

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

post #32 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 14:49
International

Quote:
Originally posted by San_Siro_1
People are requesting this thread to remain as a sticky. However, the main question is, do the mods of this forum want this to be a sticky, regardless of what others think? That is the question...
Payman, we understand your cause and I have supported it. But that doesn't give you reasons to be sarcastical or start acting how helpless you are.

post #33 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 15:10 Thread Starter
Legend
Legend

I was teasing them, nothing more, nothing less... They deserve it!

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Non Vincete MAI!!!

post #34 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 15:15
International

In that case go on.

I am always supportive of the teasing act.

post #35 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 23:09
Star Player

Teams: TORO, River, Union, many others
Teasing act by me too!
ops...
it may be read in other sense

Every energy, smile, blink, inbreath, heartbeat skip, gesture of longing in my life comes from you,Toro!

The stars are the eyes of all our beloved and departed fellow Granata, reflecting their love upon their kin... us.

Nereo Rocco, 1912-1978
FACCHETTI, PUSKAS, LIEDHOLM, MYTHS OF A LONG-LOST SOCCER
post #36 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2002, 23:33
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Actually, I think this sort of thread makes sense as a sticky. This and the prediction threads. This thread is kind of an archive for memories and so on. It would be a shame to bury it on the next page if it isn't updated every two days. Just my two cents.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #37 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2002, 07:41
kat
THE
Legend

Ok, since I was the one who complaine about too many stickies, then here's my side-go and check the activity of this topic-there were postings in April and then the next one in Oct. 5 month nothing. Then a post is in Oct, next one 3 weeks later and now, dicussion about unsticking it. No much an active topic which just takes room.

They are nice stories and nobody denies you to tell us more. But does your topic has to be here forever, I doubt.
post #38 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2002, 08:17
International

Kat, I have noticed you overreact a lot of time. Especially something that is even remotely connected with you.

Nobody has said anything in this thread about your earlier complains. Which were valid anyway as 6 stickies I admit were a bit to much.

We had been rallying over here for this thread to remain a sticky. It has nothing to do with you whatsoever. Just take out the idea off your mind that everybody is against you.

Sorry, If I sound harsh. But I was speaking my mind out. Hope no offence taken.

post #39 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2002, 09:17
kat
THE
Legend

Oh dear, you are observing me or something? Overreacting, reacting, whatever. Btw,where do you read here that I think everybody is against me and it has everything to do with me? I just pointed out why it shouldn't stay as a sticky, 5 months of silence and not many people posts in here. I can't do anything about it, it's up to the mods, it was just my opinion it is annoying that it stays here for months and months.

Basically, much fuss about nothing.
post #40 of 1477 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2002, 10:00
International

Quote:
Originally posted by kat
Oh dear, you are observing me or something? Overreacting, reacting, whatever. Btw,where do you read here that I think everybody is against me and it has everything to do with me? I just pointed out why it shouldn't stay as a sticky, 5 months of silence and not many people posts in here. I can't do anything about it, it's up to the mods, it was just my opinion it is annoying that it stays here for months and months.

My my, a lady with a character. Love those ones.
I hope you understand the idea of a forum. If you post in an open forum, you are bound to be read . Noticed in a couple of threads your active participation. Do not remember which ones exactly. Your attitude was the same. Hence my conclusion.

As for reading which you have suggested that everybody is against you, I have not read anything. Satisfied? But trusting my knowledge of English, the tone used in your post was implying the same. I do not have any concrete evidence but we are not in a court of law either.

About the five month of silence - Yes the thread was quite for a good period, but since the month of October, it is being read and posted on quite regularily. Morever, I have already supplied my reasons for this thread to remain a sticky in the previous page. If you don't agree than just ignore it. Nobody is forcing anything on you.

Quote:
Basically, much fuss about nothing.
Exactly.

BTW tell me, why the sudden interest in Milan?? Never saw you before at Milan Forum.

Last edited by milano77; December 11th, 2002 at 10:03.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in