Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2019, Week 4. 21/09. Milan - Inter, 20:45 CET, at San Siro

3K views 116 replies 22 participants last post by  humanTORCH 
#1 · (Edited)
The biggest factor to be hopeful here is that Inter seem to be having a hard time in their last couple of games. And that somehow we are in a winning streak. In some ways it's lucky that this comes so early, as Inter have not solidified yet and also a bad result should not be the end of the world on paper.

At the same time, it's the start of an extremely tough run of games for us, and so far we literally look the same level as newly promoted teams like Brescia and Verona, we have been a tactical mess, there are man-management issues, key players in poor form, etc.

Above all, though: it's the derby. We can't keep losing these in the last minutes. We can't lose against Conte and his ridiculous face and attitude, now stained as both a Juve and Inter pawn. :D A win here would be a huge morale booster. A defeat maybe would not so bad unless we are comprehensively outplayed or at the end of a terrible scoreline, and the problem is that it would put huge pressure for the team in the following weeks, which have difficult games coming.

Some previous home wins (we tend to do better "away" it seems):

Massaro

More Massaro

Dida, Stam, and Sheva

See less See more
#2 ·
Not optimistic for obvious reasons. 3 games so far, 3 different lineups. No consistency or pattern in our play. Players being tried in various position that do not seem to work.

Just don't see us suddenly improve so much that we can cause Inter any problems. Only if Giampaolo finds a freak, magic combination of players and line-up..

If I could decide I would throw in Hernandez, Rebic, Bennacer, Leao because they can hardly be worse than what we have seen so far

#5 ·
The almighty told me, we're foked!

#11 ·
"Reports from Milanello" are that Giampaolo is trying everything and anything, from a back 3 to all kinds of weird shit, some with and some without Lord Borini.

I predict we'll just play 4-3-3.

#13 ·
"Internaziole" :facepalm:

Van, you could have simply written Inter and get it over with instead of misspelling Internazionale.

Anyhow I fear that Milan are due a Serie A derby win (last one in 15-16) so I would be content with a draw.

#17 ·
We so much need not to lose this one. If we win or even draw we can relax a bit with 7/9 points from first 4 games and starting the real tactical and personnel rebuild under a new coach. So far it feels like it was patch work to get points and be solid.

#20 ·
The other way to look at it is that if we lose, we’re under huge pressure for the next few games. Are this team and coach prepared to thrive under such pressure? Big question. And if we lose painfully it will get nasty — as in management saying “Giampaolo’s job is safe”, which is the kiss of death.

Part of the press and fanbase have quickly shown disappointment already, understandably. But yes it’s been three games and however easy they were and however bad we played, we have 2/3 of the points. If you win 2/3 of the points, you finish top 3. Now the season really starts fir real, with tough games one after the other and more demands.

#19 ·
He is right though, either way.

#24 ·
We barely drew 1-1 against a team with much worse players than yours and apparently there's unrest in the Inter camp (Brozovic-Lukaku fight/tussle) so Milan must be favourites. Not forgetting that Milan haven't conceded in their last 2 full matches. Add to that the non-involvement in European competitions which means that Milan players had enough time to rest and prepare.

Milan being favourites because of the above factors aside, quite a silly thread title. Milan derby is supposed to be a respectful rivalry.. :nono:

#26 ·
This 'magic jinx' which Doctor wrote reminded me with the magic potion of Asterix and Obelix. Classic comic book :heart: Poor Obelix never had any of that soup but the fecker ate so much meat.. :D

#27 ·
No one without an agenda who has seen both teams play would seriously consider Milan favorites. That applies to lots of games these days, and even more so against top teams. All bookies actually give Inter as favorites for what it's worth.

That said, of course, anything can happen.

#32 ·
You won 3-0 in 15-16 but you did win a Coppa derby in 17-18 too.

Anyhow the last derbies were all very close and competitive.

Being first in September means shit anyway.

Milan are better rested and Inter almost lost to a Czech team in Milano..

#29 ·
Yes it's football plus it's the derby where unexpected things happen, but I've honestly resigned myself to a defeat. They have a better squad, better players, better team and the better coach. It's a fact. What I hope don't happen is an embarrassing scoreline. I just want us to fight out there with dignity. A 0-1 or 1-2 loss isn't gonna be a disaster.

#31 ·
What boosting that around 200 countries across the world will tune in to the derby.
I check on the derby match time it’s freaking 2:45am in the morning!

Zzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
And out of nowhere appears Leao lol

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Leao

Inter: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar; D’Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; Lautaro Martinez, R Lukaku

#39 ·
And out of nowhere appears Leao lol

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Leao

Inter: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar; D’Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; Lautaro Martinez, R Lukaku
Bravery? Confusion or desperation? Leao and Conti haven't played a single minute in the league this season and they get thrown into the derby straight away. Could be a Giampaolo masterpiece. And at least Leao can't be worse than Castillejo, can he? [emoji16]

#40 ·
Giampolo keeps trying to be smart with surprising decisions. Very odd to introduce Leao in such a high pressure game. But it cannot be worse than the previous decisions; at least this one makes some sense.

At any rate, Forza Milan! Time for faith now.

#41 ·
We're playing 4-3-1-2 again. Piatek plays wider than Suso very often

#42 ·
Leao looks lively, the rest....

#43 ·
Terrible first ten minutes, like every time we've played some variation of Giampaolo's favorite formation.

Come on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.