Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2019, Week 1. 25/08. Udinese - Milan 18:00 CET, at Friuli

5K views 199 replies 25 participants last post by  humanTORCH 
#1 ·
As it is, it seems we better get our candles back out and light them for Piatek and Donnarumma to perform miracles, as usual.

The season seems to be coming way too early for Milan. We have a manager with a drastically new gameplan but an underwhelming pre-season with few high level rivals and not a lot of good results. Despite a squad in desperate need for key improvements and players capable of playing under the new coach, the final week of pre-season finds us with an unfinished transfer market and with none of the new signings seemingly ready to start the first game.

I have no clue how we're going to line up, but I sincerely hope it does not involve Borini as central midfielder.

It may be a busy week in the meantime, so possibly there'll be new players and/or departures in both teams. De Paul remains a Udinese player for now.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There has been one constant throughout the summer, and that is Donnarumma performing really well. Not worried in that regard.

Piatek on the other hand....

I'm not as pessimistic as you, van, about not having new signings on the field against Udinese, I think we'll see a couple. But why Giampaolo has played almost the same starting eleven the whole pre season I don't know. Borini in the midfield would ruin my Sunday.

Udinese away is never an easy game, so the team really needs to be up for it.

#3 ·
I wonder if with such minor additions to the squad, did we really improve over last season? Biggest difference is of course Giampaolo, so anything we do this season will be based on his performance, considering the players are relatively the same.

#10 ·
Borini is like cocaine for managers.

#13 ·
Borini starting against Udinese is not so scandalous.

Put yourself in Giampaolo's shoes. Borini is the type of guy who was probably the fittest and most committed player from day one of pre-season training, that follows every instruction without fail. Giampaolo has a system that requires a greater level of tactical detail than whatever Rino used to do with the players and it wouldn't be a surprise to know if Borini was replicating everything better than everyone else.

Others such as Kessie, Bennacer and Paqueta are probably not as match-fit as Borini, perhaps have been less able/shown less evidence of playing out Giampaolo's tactics despite their obvious greater talents.

What would be scandalous is if this is not just a measure that needs to be taken for 1-2 games at the start of the season, where fitness is a greater differential, or if Giampaolo struggles to get the best out of his better players in the longer-term.

#17 ·
Udinese potential line-up:

Musso; Becao, Troost-Ekong, Samir, Ter-Avest, Jajalo, Fofana, Mandragora, Stryger Larsen, Pussetto, De Paul, Lasagna

#18 ·
BTW, is André Silva fit at all? If he is, why would we play Castillejo instead of him? It's not even his position...

#21 ·
I can hardly think that's the case. The TV rights are expensive and a big income stream. There is no club in the world that is showing their games in their app or on their site. At most they'll show some highlights as they already do on their Youtube channel.

#25 ·
Even Milan Channel doesn't show live games, except friendlies

#29 ·
- Italians arent good at marketing Serie A.
- Italian politicians look only at ways how to profit from the clubs (with the exception of course of Juve).
- Most Italian stadiums look like third world country stadiums and doesnt look good on TV especially when half empty.
- Serie A TV broadcasting looks grim on TV sets (although I guess they have improved it a little the last few years).
- And the dominance of one team for a decade (with the added help of the refs of course) isnt helping.

#34 ·
I'm all for Bennacer, but he doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs. He needs a couple of more weeks till he's ready to start. Everyone by now has had 6 to 8 weeks of training. Bennacer only has 1 week. Let's hope I don't jinx it, but the reports from training were very good on Bennacer.

As far as Borini vs Kessie, similar to the Bennacer issue. Kessie has only 2 weeks and a half of training and Giampaolo feels Borini is ahead in his tactical training. For the first 2 weeks I'll give Giampaolo the benefit of the doubt for the players that came in late.

We'll see Bonaventura, Kessie and Leao as the 3 subs.

#36 ·
Biglia was always an injury prone dude, unfortunately. At Milan it always seems to happen when he's doing well.

#38 ·
What’s up everybody

I am looking at GdS probable and want to shoot myself. After all the talk and the transfers we are about to start that same 11 ... Einstein’s definition of insanity “ doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.“ Maldini has been an utter disaster so far; can’t sell anybody. Let’s see the last few days of the mercatto but things are as bleak ever.

#40 ·
What’s up everybody

I am looking at GdS probable and want to shoot myself. After all the talk and the transfers we are about to start that same 11 ... Einstein’s definition of insanity “ doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.“
Look at doc's last post. It makes sense with Bennacer and Kessie not starting. Leao needs time to adapt. Hernandez is injured.
Not sure what the deal with Krunic is though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.