23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 01:52
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Doc View Post
Did you guys miss Gazzetta's article where Elliot had increased the transfer budget to 80M?

80M - 8M = 72M
Which currency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Elliott also renamed the transfer budget to the "**** UEFA and **** FFP" budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 03:23
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
The best currency in existence. The Zimbabwean dollar
post #83 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 04:19
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
A funny comment I read online when all the rumors came strong:

"Why do I need to Google all these players we're signing?"

Reza likes this.

post #84 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 04:20
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #85 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 06:42
van
Community Manager
Legend

Rumors:

- Calabria to renew

- Biglia may go

- Interest in Luis Muriel

- Interest in Lazio's Joaquin Correa

- Interest in Mario Rui

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #86 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 06:51
Premier Player

Shopping at Lazio is pretty expensive and tasking. I like the idea of Mario Rui. If we can truly get Torreira, Sensi, Mario Rui, plus Krunic. And then sell Kessie, Biglia it would be a good Mercato. We'd still be midtable but in our current situation we can't do much more than that. My only concern is the Sensi/Krunic signing is no different from the Kessie signing. They are basically gambles. They may click or not.

And we are also linked with Manolas.
van likes this.

Last edited by Inas_; June 14th, 2019 at 06:58.
post #87 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 07:05
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Shopping at Lazio is pretty expensive and tasking. I like the idea of Mario Rui. If we can truly get Torreira, Sensi, Mario Rui, plus Krunic. And then sell Kessie, Biglia it would be a good Mercato. We'd still be midtable but in our current situation we can't do much more than that. My only concern is the Sensi/Krunic signing is no different from the Kessie signing. They are basically gambles. They may click or not.

And we are also linked with Manolas.
Good points. However, one big difference between Sensi/Krunic types and Kessie would be that presumably we would be getting players to play a certain way, based on the manager's preferences and his sense of the squad's needs, not just a collection of highly rated up-and-comers based on Mirabelli's scouting and then try to make it all work. But it is true that these are not players who are proved at a high level either.

I forgot Manolas. That would be a pretty big signing -- I would more than welcome it, but just like with Torreira or Barella, certainly won't be holding my breath.

Also, why do people keep saying we are midtable? We play like shit but almost, almost made it to CL. As mediocre and depressing as this season has been, 5th out of 20 is not midtable.

Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; June 14th, 2019 at 07:11.
post #88 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 08:09
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Good points. However, one big difference between Sensi/Krunic types and Kessie would be that presumably we would be getting players to play a certain way, based on the manager's preferences and his sense of the squad's needs, not just a collection of highly rated up-and-comers based on Mirabelli's scouting and then try to make it all work. But it is true that these are not players who are proved at a high level either.

I forgot Manolas. That would be a pretty big signing -- I would more than welcome it, but just like with Torreira or Barella, certainly won't be holding my breath.

Also, why do people keep saying we are midtable? We play like shit but almost, almost made it to CL. As mediocre and depressing as this season has been, 5th out of 20 is not midtable.
Yeah, right about the Kessie, Kalinic etc signings. I remember we were confused because we were presumably going to play 4-3-3 and yet there was no LW signed or even an alternative to Suso at RW. Seemed Montella and Mirabelli were not in sync.

Re midtable - it's just that the signings we are making are the type you expect the likes of Sampdoria, Torino, Genoa etc to make. That's just it
post #89 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 08:27
Premier Player

Quote:

Yeah, right about the Kessie, Kalinic etc signings. I remember we were confused because we were presumably going to play 4-3-3 and yet there was no LW signed or even an alternative to Suso at RW. Seemed Montella and Mirabelli were not in sync.

Re midtable - it's just that the signings we are making are the type you expect the likes of Sampdoria, Torino, Genoa etc to make. That's just it
post #90 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 09:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Rumors:

- Calabria to renew

- Biglia may go

- Interest in Luis Muriel

- Interest in Lazio's Joaquin Correa

- Interest in Mario Rui

Calabria with regards to profit he is a decent choice if they want to make quick money, but not to the same degree as others (Donnarumma, Suso, even Cutrone). Plus he's developing into a good player

Biglia - considering his age it may be best if we parted ways, but as a back-up DM he is a good option to hold on to

Muriel - more interested in the first choice partner for Piatek than a back-up like him. Certainly not starter material

Correa - not seen much of him last season, but overall never been that impressed. Not prolific.

Rui - he offers nothing. RR is a better LB and Laxalt is good enough as a back-up

Torreira is the most exciting of the realistic rumours. Something about Manolas doesn't seem realistic to me... I think all parties concerned would make an EPL move happen if he did leave.

van, hopefully your presumption is right and with the Sensi/Krunic types we are going for players that have specific characteristics which Giampaolo would like, players that he feels would work in his set-up. Torreira definitely fits that too.
post #91 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 14:45
Premier Player

It's official. Maldini is the Technical Director while Boban is the "Chief Football Officer". Don't know what that means.
post #92 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 14:54
Administrators
Legend

We are CL winning quality at inventing titles, remember Maldini's title last season too
post #93 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 15:29
Premier Player

Yeah. Sporting Strategy Development Director, or something something
post #94 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 15:36
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
Signing Boban sends a statement. He has been a very vocal critic of how Milan is run in the past several years. He often said what many fans were thinking. Now, he has the chance to improve the club from the inside.

I don't care that we are signing multiple legends to help restore the club and I really don't understand any criticism. Make up as many titles as you want Gazidis, multiple minds are greater than one. We saw what happened when Galliani had too much power and started to believe in his own mythology.
Brother Doc likes this.
post #95 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 16:54
Premier Player

Teams: Maldini
That's what I've been saying. A few minds better than one. It worked well when Braida was still with Milan and last season with Leo and Maldini. It worked shit when Galliani was doing everything by himself and Mirabelli was a one man show.
post #96 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 17:09
Administrators
Legend

Let's be clear about this. No one on xt has said few is worst than one, no one. Not sure why it keeps being repeated.

What has been said though is ... roles must be clearly defined. If anyone (I don't mean xt members specifically) can clearly say what was Maldini's role last season and what chief football officer means then it is fine. Not opinion, he is in charge of mids or stuff like 'he facilitated a contact' as if he is an agent or something.
post #97 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 17:19
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
That's a meaningless observation tho, based on nothing but pure skepticism. These are professionals, Boban gave up a career at FIFA for this, would he do so for an undefined role? There is literally no reason to think the directors will conflict or overlap. We're just fans and have no entitlement to the specifics of each director's role.

Let's just wish them well and hope for the best. And be happy the team's staff has legends who live the Milan culture.
post #98 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 17:24
Administrators
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
That's a meaningless observation tho, based on nothing but pure skepticism. These are professionals, Boban gave up a career at FIFA for this, would he do so for an undefined role? There is literally no reason to think the directors will conflict or overlap. We're just fans and have no entitlement to the specifics of each director's role.

Let's just wish them well and hope for the best. And be happy the team's staff has legends who live the Milan culture.
Because it was the same people, like Maldini, who refused several roles because of lack of clarity. It is the first time Maldini's title existed and to my knowledge it is the first time for the Boban title too.
Also, no one is saying Boban or Maldini are making a mistake or are dumb or that we don't wish them and Milan well, that's very unfair as a reply to what I posted.
About the bold line, not sure why a Milan forum exists if we can't talk about it want to know more about our team.
post #99 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 17:26
van
Community Manager
Legend

It would be nice for fans to know what each of them will do, at least in broad strokes. Precisely in part because they’re club legends and people will be more curious about them than about some random 50-year-old bald dude.

Nathaniel Rich
post #100 of 388 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2019, 17:28
Administrators
Legend

You are all making me post like sheriff lol, your fault
Any way .... Forza Milan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in