New Manager 2019: Marco Giampaolo - Page 9 - Xtratime Community
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 203 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2019, 21:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Dont see it lasting beyond a season...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 203 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2019, 21:49
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
post #163 of 203 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2019, 22:01 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I think he means Giampaolo won’t last because Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, and the Italy and Brazil NTs will be competing to sign him. We’ll also struggle to reject all those 100+ million Euro offers for Krunic.
zoo likes this.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

post #164 of 203 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2019, 22:15
Administrators
Legend

post #165 of 203 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 04:27
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Dont see it lasting beyond a season...

You mean Lampard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #166 of 203 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 04:32
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
Wow wow wow. Just seeing this. What's the need for this, man? What's the problem? What's so serious you need to be so touchy?

Nothing to do with you if you are following

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #167 of 203 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 04:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Hopefully it's a new guy though, because they've had terrible injury issues for many years. Probably related to poor screening and bad luck, but still. Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Walcott, long etc. spent half their Arsenal careers injured.
Ramsey and Diaby were victims of really disgusting challenges though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #168 of 203 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 05:02 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Ramsey and Diaby were victims of really disgusting challenges though.
Fair enough.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #169 of 203 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 18:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Will last longer than Gattuso.

Its a bet. He wont make it past next summer...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #170 of 203 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2019, 18:43
Administrators
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Its a bet. He wont make it past next summer...
A change avatar bet, one month Inter logo
post #171 of 203 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2019, 03:35
World Class Player

Khalid o Khalid. I think you going to lose the bet

post #172 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 09:28
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
A change avatar bet, one month Inter logo

Oh dear me...fine.

post #173 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 13:42
Administrators
Legend

post #174 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 16:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
After three seasons with him as the coach of my club I know him pretty well and I also know very well the things he was usually blamed for in the forums of Sampdoria, which will surely become the things he will be blamed for in the Milan forums.
- there is no B-plan: do not expect Giampaolo to change the tactical plan during the game, no matter what is happening. Other coaches would try something different according to games and opponents, he won't. After three seasons I could not tell whether it's a good or bad thing, probably it is not bad as long as the players believe in that plan, strictly apply what Giampaolo wants and are always healthy and fit.
- we are weak on the flanks and no one crosses: there is no doubt that 4-3-1-2 is an attacking formation because the trequartista is indeed a forward behind two strikers, rather than a midfielder. I read a post suggesting it becomes a 4-4-2 when defending. It doesn't happen. The trequartista press alongside the forwards. The team might suffer when the opponents push a lot on the flanks. The so called mezze ali have a lot of work to do, in the middle and on the flank. This is the cost of the trequartista. Don't forget that trequartista is a player most of opponents do not have and a player they have to take care of, so you understand the importance of having an excellent one. According to his impact on the game he can tear the opponent apart of be simply one player less in another zone of the pitch.
- we have players who do not play in their fav position: it might happen to side midfielders, wingers and wing forwards. Players who play wide at midfield or in attack in 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. There is basically no room for them unless they can adapt.
van likes this.
post #175 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 18:28 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
After three seasons with him as the coach of my club I know him pretty well and I also know very well the things he was usually blamed for in the forums of Sampdoria, which will surely become the things he will be blamed for in the Milan forums.
- there is no B-plan: do not expect Giampaolo to change the tactical plan during the game, no matter what is happening. Other coaches would try something different according to games and opponents, he won't. After three seasons I could not tell whether it's a good or bad thing, probably it is not bad as long as the players believe in that plan, strictly apply what Giampaolo wants and are always healthy and fit.
- we are weak on the flanks and no one crosses: there is no doubt that 4-3-1-2 is an attacking formation because the trequartista is indeed a forward behind two strikers, rather than a midfielder. I read a post suggesting it becomes a 4-4-2 when defending. It doesn't happen. The trequartista press alongside the forwards. The team might suffer when the opponents push a lot on the flanks. The so called mezze ali have a lot of work to do, in the middle and on the flank. This is the cost of the trequartista. Don't forget that trequartista is a player most of opponents do not have and a player they have to take care of, so you understand the importance of having an excellent one. According to his impact on the game he can tear the opponent apart of be simply one player less in another zone of the pitch.
- we have players who do not play in their fav position: it might happen to side midfielders, wingers and wing forwards. Players who play wide at midfield or in attack in 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. There is basically no room for them unless they can adapt.
Do you think he'll like Kessié a the right mezz'ala? He can certainly to a lot of work in terms of running up and down the flank and covering ground towards the middle, but he has not show to be particularly good at doing anything else, especially with the ball.

Nathaniel Rich
post #176 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 19:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Well, that sounds like a horrible coach that is not better than Gattuso at all. Awesome.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #177 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 19:55
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
IMO 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 more precisely, at certain area when defending and attacking will transform into 2-1-4-1-2 when attacking, and 4-1-3-2 when defending. When defending, the Mezzalas are covering flanks area and center of midfield (depends on opponent movement with the ball), so the Trequartista should drop to center of midfield to help the Mezzalas. And also the strikers should drop quite deeper, and pressing the opponent. The Strikers should be fast, good dribbler and finisher, and it would be perfect if both of them are good headers, because the fullbacks (main crosser provider) mostly will make deep crossing.

- I prefer more defensive DMC, rather than deep lying playmaker. All the creativity are taken by the Trequartisa and one of the Mezzala.
- The Mezzalas are combination of attacking B2B midfielder (technical) and defensive B2B midfielder (physical). And the play on the side that fit with their preferred foot, because they have some duty to provide crossing.

My 4-3-1-2 Dream Team Lineups.
Attached Images

post #178 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 20:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by King George View Post
My 4-3-1-2 Dream Team Lineups.
Absence is Baresi is nothing but criminal!!!
post #179 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 20:34
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
Absence is Baresi is nothing but criminal!!!
I forgot to add "Post 95'" to it, that's why i don't add Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard in it
post #180 of 203 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2019, 21:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by King George View Post
I forgot to add "Post 95'" to it, that's why i don't add Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard in it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in