Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2019, Week 34. Sunday 28/4. Torino - Milan, 19:30 CET at Stadio Olimpico

2K views 73 replies 19 participants last post by  frankf31 
#1 · (Edited)
Not much to say other than this is crucial. Another six pointer, and we just need to recover the path of good results and push hard for that CL spot. No time to make up for bad results if we screw up the next few games.

Torino players, media, and Cairo are already heating up the atmosphere, saying that it will be "a final" and their most important game in two decades, and that the powers that be want Milan in Europe.

We are in horrendous form in both results and play, and Torino are up and down but have some momentum. However, while our last four games against them have all been draws, we have not lost to Torino in any competition in 15 years.

A couple of recent wins in this fixture, to remember better days:

#3 ·
True. However they have won only two of their last six, including a home defeat to Bologna and a home draw against Cagliari.

Reactions: Reza
#5 ·
By the way, I'm not sure if someone brought this up before, but Calabria broke his calf bone in a way that also pierced his skin or some such nasty thing, so it's a pretty bad one and he's out for the season and then at least another month.

#8 ·
For real? Wtf

#11 ·
Going by recent pre-match pressers, the tone has become increasingly defeatist! Might as well give up already! One thing I didn't expect Gattuso, of all people, to sound that negative. I can't imagine being on the roster, listening to this nonsense & then be asked to go out there give it my all....

#13 ·
With all other results going against us, this is the game - this is the season. We have to win otherwise we are baked meat. If we win today I think our ucl chances will go above 50% considering we will have Bol, Fio, Frosinone and Spal left - all teams that have nothing to play for anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.