Xtratime Community banner

Coppa Italia 2019 Semis, Leg 2: Milan - SS Lazio, 24/4, 19:45 CET at San Siro

2K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  Yashimi Nakitu 
#1 ·
This pales in face of the UCL qualification race and a big game coming during the weekend, but I'm sure everybody involved will give it a serious go.

We have not won a title in way too long, and while this is not what we should be aiming for, it's what we can win. I certainly would not mind, and with Atalanta - Fiore the other Semi (the first leg ended 3-3 at Franchi), we have a chance if we make it to the final.

The recent incidents and media craziness about Kessié, Bakayoko and Acerbi, and the racist chants by SS Lazio fans surely will add some spice to the occasion.

I am not sure if Gattuso or Inzaghi will opt to rest some players. It probably would be smart for us to shake things up a bit, especially since most of our starting players are performing horribly anyway.

A win might also provided a good, and very much needed psychological resurgence, but who knows -- I just want Milan to win.

#2 ·
This pales in face of the UCL qualification race and a big game coming during the weekend, but I'm sure everybody involved will give it a serious go.

We have not won a title in way too long, and while this is not what we should be aiming for, it's what we can win. I certainly would not mind, and with Atalanta - Fiore the other Semi (the first leg ended 3-3 at Franchi), we have a chance if we make it to the final.

The recent incidents and media craziness about Kessié, Bakayoko and Acerbi, and the racist chants by SS Lazio fans surely will add some spice to the occasion...
A win might also provided a good, and very much needed psychological resurgence, but who knows -- I just want Milan to win.
You forgot to add the racist chants against Bakayoko by Inter fans at the end of their game with Roma. Yes, the morons sang the same chant Lazio fans did. Aren't the two set of fans said to be in very good terms or partners or whatever?

Anyway, about the game. I just want us to win. Simple as. For those same reasons as you said, but also to rub it in the face of those whiners.

#8 ·
This tie, to me, feels like a waste of time & energy. Us, the Nazis & Atalanta have pretty much a guaranteed spot at EL next season, well, at least. So this is just about silverware. My apathy towards the Coppa stems from a strong feeling we will field a relatively strong starting lineup, the game will most probably drag on to extra time based on our fabulous tactical setup & there's a more pressing fixture next weekend against Torino for 3 crucial pts. Competition to 4th won't keep hemorrhaging pts & handing us the position!

We need to realise our limitations, decide wisely accordingly imo.

#12 ·
Yes we are as it means nothing. I rather not win it if we don’t make UCL. If we do, yeah, give me a small Mickey Mouse trophy to go w it, why not. But without UCL this will sting even more as it will point painfully to the fact we are now equals to the Genoa, Torinos and Smaps of the world.

#18 · (Edited)
I rather not win it if we don’t make UCL.
Nobody would disagree with you on that. But the probability that playing the strongest 11 here will be the reason we won’t make the UCL is so small that it’s a risk worth running imo.

I like trophies, even Coppa Italia, and would be happy if we won it. I was also happy when we won it the last time, 16 years ago, even if it came just a few days after a UCL win.

#15 ·
I don't mind rotation or resting a few key players of course, but we just got to win whatever we can. I don't think we can afford to "rest" or whatever for the weekend. We've already made it that far anyway, might as well give it a try.

Talk of DNA is one thing, but Milan used to be the club with most titles in the world. This is one of the longest dry spells in the club's history. Coppa Italia is no CL, but it's not a worthless summer trophy either.

#17 · (Edited)
I wouldn't mind if 2-3 key players start from the bench -- Romagnoli, Paquetá, Piatek. The ones I really want to see 100% in Torino.

I agree about the rest. As I said in the OP, habitual starters are in such shitty form that some "rotation" might in fact mean playing a stronger team.

#24 ·
I really want us to beat those pieces of shit, can't help it. Will likely have to catch a replay though, so will comment later!

#28 ·
The way this team plays... it has to be one of the worst Milan's I have ever seen. We have better quality than in the period of the Constant and Zaccardo's but that team played better football than this team. They are so clueless I can't believe we're that high on the table.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

#32 ·
I didn't play FM in years but I remember there was a slider that let you play your team very tactically/rigid or with a lot of freedom. It's like Gattuso broke the slider to the rigid part. Everybody just stays in position, walks, passes it sideways to the closest player... back and forth until we slowly reach the wing and hopelessly lose the ball against an opponent back in position waiting for us to finally do something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.