Coppa Italia 2019 Semis, Leg 2: Milan - SS Lazio, 24/4, 19:45 CET at San Siro - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:57 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Coppa Italia 2019 Semis, Leg 2: Milan - SS Lazio, 24/4, 19:45 CET at San Siro

This pales in face of the UCL qualification race and a big game coming during the weekend, but I'm sure everybody involved will give it a serious go.

We have not won a title in way too long, and while this is not what we should be aiming for, it's what we can win. I certainly would not mind, and with Atalanta - Fiore the other Semi (the first leg ended 3-3 at Franchi), we have a chance if we make it to the final.

The recent incidents and media craziness about Kessié, Bakayoko and Acerbi, and the racist chants by SS Lazio fans surely will add some spice to the occasion.

I am not sure if Gattuso or Inzaghi will opt to rest some players. It probably would be smart for us to shake things up a bit, especially since most of our starting players are performing horribly anyway.

A win might also provided a good, and very much needed psychological resurgence, but who knows -- I just want Milan to win.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 07:31
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
This pales in face of the UCL qualification race and a big game coming during the weekend, but I'm sure everybody involved will give it a serious go.

We have not won a title in way too long, and while this is not what we should be aiming for, it's what we can win. I certainly would not mind, and with Atalanta - Fiore the other Semi (the first leg ended 3-3 at Franchi), we have a chance if we make it to the final.

The recent incidents and media craziness about Kessié, Bakayoko and Acerbi, and the racist chants by SS Lazio fans surely will add some spice to the occasion...
A win might also provided a good, and very much needed psychological resurgence, but who knows -- I just want Milan to win.
You forgot to add the racist chants against Bakayoko by Inter fans at the end of their game with Roma. Yes, the morons sang the same chant Lazio fans did. Aren't the two set of fans said to be in very good terms or partners or whatever?

Anyway, about the game. I just want us to win. Simple as. For those same reasons as you said, but also to rub it in the face of those whiners.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:29
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Reina
Calabria-Caldara/Zapata-Roma-Lax
Biglia-Baka
Samu-Paqueta-Hakan
Cutrone

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 13:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Couldn’t care less, focus on getting 4th.

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 18:42
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Reina
Calabria-Caldara/Zapata-Roma-Lax
Biglia-Baka
Samu-Paqueta-Hakan
Cutrone
Depressing to read this, is the entire team worth the €200mn we squandered...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 03:04
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
I care to win, but wouldn't hurt much even if we lost.

That said, a win would be a big morale boost - which this team severely needs.

Don't think there's any use resting players now with just a few games left in the season.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 05:25
Rising Star

Teams: milan & azzurri
---------Donnarumma
Zapata - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Conti - Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu
----------- Paqueta
-------Cutrone - Piatek

....i wish :')
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 09:55
Star Player

Teams: Milan
This tie, to me, feels like a waste of time & energy. Us, the Nazis & Atalanta have pretty much a guaranteed spot at EL next season, well, at least. So this is just about silverware. My apathy towards the Coppa stems from a strong feeling we will field a relatively strong starting lineup, the game will most probably drag on to extra time based on our fabulous tactical setup & there's a more pressing fixture next weekend against Torino for 3 crucial pts. Competition to 4th won't keep hemorrhaging pts & handing us the position!

We need to realise our limitations, decide wisely accordingly imo.

No expectations..No disappointments
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 10:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barile_boy View Post
---------Donnarumma
Zapata - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Conti - Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu
----------- Paqueta
-------Cutrone - Piatek

....i wish :')

4-3-1-2 is a possibility. Rino went with it for the Udinese game, in which we put in a decent performance (nothing outstanding but definitely better than some of the play we've seen this season). However this was the game where Paqueta was injured early.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 13:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani View Post
Quote:
I care to win, but wouldn't hurt much even if we lost.

That said, a win would be a big morale boost - which this team severely needs.

Don't think there's any use resting players now with just a few games left in the season.
I hear you and yet I don’t really buy any of it - the moral boost, the non-resting players etc. all I care is getting back to UCL. There are no consolation prizes , no wins or boosts can make up for a failure. 10 coppa in a row wouldn’t make a difference unless they decide to give a ucl spot to coppa winners. Do everything you have to do to get top 4. Then sell most of the team and invest in few real big star players. And get a coach. Nothing else matters.

post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 17:41
World Class Player

As sad as it is, it would be our biggest trophy win since 2011 and probably half a decade into the future. Achieving UCL qualification is more important of course but as it is, we’re not in a position to neglect the chance of a Coppa Italia win.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 20:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes we are as it means nothing. I rather not win it if we don’t make UCL. If we do, yeah, give me a small Mickey Mouse trophy to go w it, why not. But without UCL this will sting even more as it will point painfully to the fact we are now equals to the Genoa, Torinos and Smaps of the world.

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 20:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
I feel the same way as bono. I couldn't care less about the Coppa Italia

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 21:14
Administrators
Legend

A win here is likely setting up a final against the team who could beat us to CL spot, and the final will be between week 36 and 37. Nah not interested, all energies for Serie A.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 21:47 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

I don't mind rotation or resting a few key players of course, but we just got to win whatever we can. I don't think we can afford to "rest" or whatever for the weekend. We've already made it that far anyway, might as well give it a try.

Talk of DNA is one thing, but Milan used to be the club with most titles in the world. This is one of the longest dry spells in the club's history. Coppa Italia is no CL, but it's not a worthless summer trophy either.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 21:53
Administrators
Legend

Depends on what rotation means. Just as an example, Borini is getting games where perhaps Castillejo could.

btw, if Fiorentina manage to eliminate Atalanta and we do the same vs Lazio it will be 2 games in 4 days vs Fiorentina.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 22:21 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

I wouldn't mind if 2-3 key players start from the bench -- Romagnoli, Paquetá, Piatek. The ones I really want to see 100% in Torino.

I agree about the rest. As I said in the OP, habitual starters are in such shitty form that some "rotation" might in fact mean playing a stronger team.

Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; April 24th, 2019 at 01:08.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 00:36
World Class Player

Quote:
I rather not win it if we don’t make UCL.
Nobody would disagree with you on that. But the probability that playing the strongest 11 here will be the reason we won’t make the UCL is so small that it’s a risk worth running imo.

I like trophies, even Coppa Italia, and would be happy if we won it. I was also happy when we won it the last time, 16 years ago, even if it came just a few days after a UCL win.

Last edited by Laudrup; April 24th, 2019 at 00:44.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 03:43
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Probable according to Sky:

Reina

Musacchio-Caldara-Romagnoli

Calabria-Kessie-Bakayoko-Laxalt

Suso-Piatek-Castillejo
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2019, 10:46
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jani View Post
Probable according to Sky:

Reina

Musacchio-Caldara-Romagnoli

Calabria-Kessie-Bakayoko-Laxalt

Suso-Piatek-Castillejo
I would play Cutrone instead of Piatek, Biglia instead of Baka, Zapata instead of Roma and even Borini instead of Suso

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in