Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2019, Week 32. Saturday 13/4. Milan - Lazio, 19:30 CET at San Siro

2K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  camelface 
#1 · (Edited)
This will be a big big game.

It comes during a predictable terrible run of results, so that's not ideal.

But against Juve we actually played our best game in a very long time. Piatek scored, and Suso, our most important creative player, regardless of Gazzeta's ranking and humantorch's obsession, had a solid game after many terrible ones. Several players who have been mediocre at best lately played a decent game. Even Borini was okay. Juve clearly were a shadow of their best, but this is the best we’ve played in quite a while, by far.

Anyway, we need to get the points, a win would be huge for our CL ambitions, and lees than that would leave us seriously compromised. Six points game, with just six games to go after that.

Some previous ones for inspiration:

#31 ·
Good win. Did not play great but very determined and fought for every ball. We controlled and put pressure on the last 30 min so deserved enough. Agree that we should be much better on counters. Suso squandering a few and Hakan for some reason always gets his shots deflected, seldom gets a clean shot on goal...

Fighting at the end of the game between Suso and some random Lazio player. Don't really think Lazio have anything to complain about regarding refereeing decisions, but Simone Inzaghi will probably find something to whine about.

#32 ·
I would have taken a draw before the game, but how great to win this one.

This was our last 'six pointer'. No more games against direct rivals (or any big teams at all). Whereas if you look at the upcoming fixtures of our rivals, there are several match-ups that favour us on paper.

#35 ·
shit head wanted Musso to be bench just because of his rash tackle and penalty award on the last match.

Go on with your world class “wingers” jokers.
Hopeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 ·
What an amazing result.

#41 ·
Am I the only one who thinks that the baka/acerbi spat is not really a big deal?

I mean, its a rivalry of sorts, and its pretty common for professional athletes to talk trash. Acerbi is the one who talked smack to the media first. if anything, Lazio and the media should be more disappointed in him for saying that kind of garbage outright in the first place anyways. When you make trash talk public to the media, you are going to catch some backlash by someone if you cant back it up on the field of play and that's what happened.

I think overall the media made a story out of it because of the color of bakayoko's (and kessie's) skin.. Yes, it doesn't represent what Milan is known for, but what they did was basically harmless... boohoooo you talk junk and cant back it up, get over it...

also LOL at Immobile chiming in...

#42 ·
I tend to agree. Nothing to see. I thought about the race angle too but who knows. Ultimately it’s the press, including the pro-Milan press, making waves much more than anyone involved in what would otherwise be a silly/normal situation.

#43 ·
Yeah, Acerbi started it and I can understand them wanting to return the banter.

It's just in jest and nothing serious. This is getting blown out of proportion and I would be very disappointed if Milan fined the two. Lazio shouldn't do anything to Acerbi either, he was cocky and paid for it.

#47 ·
No suspension for anyone involved.

#48 ·
There seems to be an asshole at FIGC hell-bent on crucifying our guys! Ironically enough, Mandzukic can kick Romagnoli or whoever he pleases & the same FIGC company man will clear him! Anyhow, still not totally out of the woods.... That's not to say they're blameless, what they did was tasteless & absolutely lacked class. I don't care if they jumped that seemingly idiotic, butthurt ex Milan guy, just not in San Siro & definitely not sporting our shirt! Trash talk is an American PR stunt just to attract the media to the given player's locker pre/postgame. All the man, nothing about the club, camaraderie or anything really! And they should've known better, Lazio is full of crybabies constantly moaning about officiating if they fail to get their way! Goodness, their guys fought right after the final whistle, straightaway!

Good job, our douchebags!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.