Serie A 2019, Week 32. Saturday 13/4. Milan - Lazio, 19:30 CET at San Siro - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 09:22
Rising Star

Teams: milan & azzurri
Am I the only one who thinks that the baka/acerbi spat is not really a big deal?

I mean, its a rivalry of sorts, and its pretty common for professional athletes to talk trash. Acerbi is the one who talked smack to the media first. if anything, Lazio and the media should be more disappointed in him for saying that kind of garbage outright in the first place anyways. When you make trash talk public to the media, you are going to catch some backlash by someone if you cant back it up on the field of play and that's what happened.

I think overall the media made a story out of it because of the color of bakayoko's (and kessie's) skin.. Yes, it doesn't represent what Milan is known for, but what they did was basically harmless... boohoooo you talk junk and cant back it up, get over it...

also LOL at Immobile chiming in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 10:54 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barile_boy View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the baka/acerbi spat is not really a big deal?

I mean, its a rivalry of sorts, and its pretty common for professional athletes to talk trash. Acerbi is the one who talked smack to the media first. if anything, Lazio and the media should be more disappointed in him for saying that kind of garbage outright in the first place anyways. When you make trash talk public to the media, you are going to catch some backlash by someone if you cant back it up on the field of play and that's what happened.

I think overall the media made a story out of it because of the color of bakayoko's (and kessie's) skin.. Yes, it doesn't represent what Milan is known for, but what they did was basically harmless... boohoooo you talk junk and cant back it up, get over it...

also LOL at Immobile chiming in...
I tend to agree. Nothing to see. I thought about the race angle too but who knows. Ultimately it’s the press, including the pro-Milan press, making waves much more than anyone involved in what would otherwise be a silly/normal situation.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2019, 13:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Yeah, Acerbi started it and I can understand them wanting to return the banter.

It's just in jest and nothing serious. This is getting blown out of proportion and I would be very disappointed if Milan fined the two. Lazio shouldn't do anything to Acerbi either, he was cocky and paid for it.

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 04:13
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
He said his team and individually are better than Milan.
We beat them and that is enough to respond.
The two do not have to act that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 04:23
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
Yeah, Acerbi started it and I can understand them wanting to return the banter.

It's just in jest and nothing serious. This is getting blown out of proportion and I would be very disappointed if Milan fined the two. Lazio shouldn't do anything to Acerbi either, he was cocky and paid for it.
It didn't even strike me as anything malicious either Acerbi bite more then he could chew and was the butt of the joke in the end.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 05:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
He said Lazio has better players in an interview. Maybe to motivate his team, maybe it was taken out of context and maybe he was just being cocky. But it's still classless to exchange shirts and then parade with it to humiliate him.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
humanTORCH likes this.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2019, 15:57 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
No suspension for anyone involved.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 02:38
Star Player

Teams: Milan
There seems to be an asshole at FIGC hell-bent on crucifying our guys! Ironically enough, Mandzukic can kick Romagnoli or whoever he pleases & the same FIGC company man will clear him! Anyhow, still not totally out of the woods.... That's not to say they're blameless, what they did was tasteless & absolutely lacked class. I don't care if they jumped that seemingly idiotic, butthurt ex Milan guy, just not in San Siro & definitely not sporting our shirt! Trash talk is an American PR stunt just to attract the media to the given player's locker pre/postgame. All the man, nothing about the club, camaraderie or anything really! And they should've known better, Lazio is full of crybabies constantly moaning about officiating if they fail to get their way! Goodness, their guys fought right after the final whistle, straightaway!

Good job, our douchebags!

No expectations..No disappointments
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 04:31
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Well the good thing is that we play them again a week from now. Even more fiery?
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 08:19
Rising Star

Teams: milan & azzurri
@jani

I doubt it. i expect both clubs to keep it 100% professional. the actual match though will be very highly contested by the players and managers, a very spirited tie
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2019, 12:52
Legend

Someone "starting it" doesn't give the opponent the license to do anything to get back at them. This was a garbage gesture and they shouldn't have been surprised if fined by their own club. Hopefully they got a talking to at least.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in