Teams: Milan
It was almost Belgium - Japan like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 19:56
Oni
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
Only 4 min ET even if Behrami was out for a long time.
Calabria has been awful with his crosses. Only Conti crosses well and consistently.
Don't really think Biglia makes any difference to our play. Prefer Bakayoko in his position and a better player than Kessie to partner him..
Come on formation the last minutes!
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 19:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Fuk that shit

post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 19:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Only saw one replay, but looked like a PK could have been given on Piatek where one of their players did a flying bodycheck on him.

Just not our night. Almost 2-0 quickly turned to 1-1, early injuries, Udinese getting away with rough play without a single booking. Bad result.
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 19:58
zoo
Legend

And of course we lose 2 points. We will bottle it again in the end. so fvcking typical.
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 19:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Kevin Constant was needed
Reza likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 20:00
zoo
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Only 4 min ET even if Behrami was out for a long time.
Calabria has been awful with his crosses. Only Conti crosses well and consistently.
Don't really think Biglia makes any difference to our play. Prefer Bakayoko in his position and a better player than Kessie to partner him..
Come on formation the last minutes!
Agree. Bakayoko so much better than Biglia who provides nothing. Neither defense nor offense. And he has to play out of position ffs
post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 20:06
Oni
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Agree. Bakayoko so much better than Biglia who provides nothing. Neither defense nor offense. And he has to play out of position ffs
Well, a few here think he is more important than say Bonaventura...
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 20:13
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Good to see people thinking the same on Biglia.

Besides not being a proper regista spraying balls all over, he also takes away from Bakayoko's best position.

He's a good sub to have I guess but adds nothing.

I like the 4-3-1-2 we played today but:

1. The early injuries ruined everything in terms of flexibility.

2. Laxalt and Abate just couldn't provide any width at all. The former did, but then his defense was hideous.

Considering the automatic loss we have this weekend, I am praying Lazio, Atalanta and Inter all drop points. Dreaming.
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 20:16
Star Player

Our dip in form coincided with Biglia's return. Just saying.
post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 20:25
Oni
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Our dip in form coincided with Biglia's return. Just saying.
I was thinking that as well even if he should not be made a scapegoat as he is a decent player. But we should go back to Bakayoko-Kessie combo..
Wish we had Bonaventura back so we would have an alternative to Suso, Hakan, Castillejo, Paqueta who can actually score a goal. Even if he is the definition of averageness...
post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 21:01
World Class Player

Same shit year after year: When it gets tough, we crumble. I think we’ll end the season 10+ points after 4th place. We’ll get 1 or 2 points from our next 5 matches.

It’s unreal to see a 7 times UCL winner in this condition for so many years, incapble of getting even the 4th place over a period of more than half a decade. Unheard of, actually.
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 22:03
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Same shit year after year: When it gets tough, we crumble. I think we’ll end the season 10+ points after 4th place. We’ll get 1 or 2 points from our next 5 matches.

It’s unreal to see a 7 times UCL winner in this condition for so many years, incapble of getting even the 4th place over a period of more than half a decade. Unheard of, actually.
It's terrible because Serie A as a whole sucks only Juventus is worth anything on the world stage. But Roma,Napoli,Inter,Milan and Lazio aren't worth shit if you compare them with top teams from england,spain and germany. These players just aren't good enough sad to see us give up such a favourable position and will now most likely finish behind Atalanta and Lazio.
post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 22:22
World Class Player

Yeah that’s a good point. Apart from Juve, the sides we’re finishing behind every season are not impressive.

It’s really unbearable to watch us, every one of the 50 matches we play per year. Even when we’re at our best, it’s a pain to watch, and even at our best we can’t beat decent teams. We have pretty much an entire squad made up of players you just can’t rely upon.

Last edited by Laudrup; April 2nd, 2019 at 22:31.
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 23:20
va' fancul
Premier Player

Teams: Hells Army
Its been a difficult season but it took a lot of trial and error plus Leonardo needing time to make his contribution in order to produce a starting 11 that is actually much better than anything we've had in quite a while.

I can live with one more year of no CL if we can maintain a team without any major holes and a striker in Piatek who can actually score with some regularity.

Even though we've been inconsistent and unreliable I still wouldn't trade this team for Inter, Napoli or Roma etc. Give these guys another season to sort it all out.

As far as Gattuso is concerned I'm partial to keeping him but if someone like Sarri becomes available then you obviously have to explore that opportunity.

Team-mate Gennaro Gattuso once said: "When I see what Andrea can do with the ball I have to ask myself whether I am a footballer."
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 23:46
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
It’s really unbearable to watch us, every one of the 50 matches we play per year. Even when we’re at our best, it’s a pain to watch, and even at our best we can’t beat decent teams. We have pretty much an entire squad made up of players you just can’t rely upon.
This. Add the manager to that. Gattuso is to managers what Biglia, Musacchio, or Hakan are to players. Okay, but not good enough. And on top of all that we are unlucky with injuries.

It's just painful, every game. Our "best" is not even good. We could have easily lost today.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 23:53
van
Community Manager
Legend

Terrible result. Incredibly stupid goal to concede. Fofana just straight for 40+ meters and no one challenged him. None of our players marked anyone and there were too few of them anyway.

We were poor again. We played maybe a decent 20 minutes or so, and that's actually being quite positive since we did nothing of note, against a very very poor Udinese. Paquetá's injury hurt our game plan quite a bit, but we should still have more than enough. And we didn't even create more chances than them.

At some moments we don't even look like a professional football team, just incredibly shit. Players cannot control the ball or pass to teammate.

IMO 3/4 of these players don't make any difference whatsoever. Musacchio, Laxalt, Calabria (how many low crosses can he make?), Biglia, Calhanoglu, Castillejo, etc. Replace them with a random player and nothing changes. Not to mention some of those who were benched. This is not a CL team.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 01:51
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
It's not a CL team but damn it needs to be in it next season.

It's starting to feel a bit desperate.
post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:38
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
With Paqueta injured, I have bad news. Gatusso will whisper to Messi wannabe and say, I will revert to 4-3-3 and you will be my saviour.

4-3-1-2 will be short live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:41
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Win-Win today.

We win... Great

We lose... HT will finally shut up about his preferred formation

Thank God we drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in