Xtratime Community banner

Serie A 2019, Week 28. Sunday 17/3. DERBY: Milan-Inter, 20:30 CET at San Siro

5K views 180 replies 22 participants last post by  zoo 
#1 ·
Higher stakes than most recent derbies for this one. Last time the defeat was quite painful, partly because it felt familiar, and we played the most defensive I've ever seen us play in a derby. This one is actually part of a tight, important race for CL, and It's also the first in a run of difficult games for us.

Inter beat SPAL last week but are very up and down, and Icardi is still not training with his teammates. They will also miss Miranda and Brozovic.

We seem to have a full squad. There are some important decisions for Gattuso with the lineup, and he just needs to get this team to play better. My intuition is he'll go with the usual lineup.

#141 ·
Hard luck, not meant to be , bad start but we more than recovered, draw wud have been fairer....

Dont want to see Kessie and Rodriguez in starting 11 for a year.

#142 ·
FT, 2-3

We fought hard (which is the least you can expect) and went for it, but this team with Gattuso at the helm is just not good enough.

#144 ·
**** this team and **** Gattuso. Yeah they grinded out the results but they have no clue how to play football. After weeks of horrible play one could expect improvement against an Inter that had a game 3 days ago and is in horrible form. We were lucky it wasn't over at half time. Only once Inter got tired did we create anything. I want Gattuso out no matter where we end. He doesn't know how to make this team play football and never will.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

#149 ·
Btw. this was a matter of bad luck as mentioned. I don’t think Inter were the better side. They had the ref and the circumstances on their side. Having said that, we lack the courage and quality to dominate this type of match - we can react but not look for the win - and sadly it has been like that for many years. Feels devestating to keep losing against our biggest rivals, Inter and Juve, on such a consistent basis.

#150 ·
I disagree. Luck kept us in the game. In the first half they had 2 100% chances: a free shot from 10 meters and a free header a few metres from the goal. If they go in, the game is over.
They looked better and more threatening for 3/4 of the game.

But the pk is bullshit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

#152 ·
What is this talk about the penalty being bullshit? It was a penalty!

#153 ·
Could have been called either way I think. The whole situation with the ref falling was crazy though.

One thing that is really wrong with the way we play is the huge space behind the DMC that is constantly exposed. Because we don't seem to have an answer for that, even when Bakayoko/Biglia are in great form, in most games we end up going extremely deep or else we can't protect the defense at all.

#171 ·
It happened way inside the box, clear penalty for me because we cannot deny he made contact. It was naive from Sami.

#161 ·
In what world do you live to wite this fantasy! It was a textbook foul!!

And let's be frank, Inert wanted to win more than us, they were organized, and they knew all weaknesses and exploited then. We, on the other hand, played like headless chicken, even with the 2 goals.

#172 ·
Would say he is the most bizarre case in whole squad in terms of selection - why on earth he starts every game is beyond me, he even makkes Bakayoko look world class!

#159 ·
If Gatusso leave, please bring along the Kebab and Spanish Messi wannabe.

Not forgetting his favorite 4-3-3 on the way out also.
Take Kessie along if the luggage fits.

Good bye.

Luck?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#160 ·
If Gatusso leave, please bring along the Kebab and Spanish Messi wannabe.

Not forgetting his favorite 4-3-3 on the way out also.
Take Kessie along if the luggage fits.

Good bye.

Luck?!

#166 ·
I have to agree there wasn't that much contact and the Inter player really sold it.

I can't say this changed the game though because I am sick and tired of Gattuso's weakness as a manager he had a very negative game plan and which each game we win the more negative it becomes. What happened to the team that played two amazing games's against Napoli? Why is the leash so short with LP and yet so long with players like Hakan,Suso, Ricardo and Kessie? I defended Gattuso many times believing this team needed some grinta a kick up the back side.... But now we have lofty ambitions of not just being in the CL but one day winning it and I don't think Gattuso is the man for the job. “I get criticised at times for being too defensive, but you have to remember the characteristics of the players at my disposal.- This is what he said after the game but he needs to stop with the bs and take responsibility even against smaller teams we sit back and defend.

#168 ·
50/50 call to me, no problem either way

I agree with bono and MrChauvi. Moreover, Inter has simply proven to be better than us. They beat us narrowly on both legs, but in the two games they were clearly the superior team.

#170 ·
Gattuso makes Spaletti looks like a genius. That’s not a complement.

There is so much work to do for this team. If we are going into the CL next season, the management need to really make an important decision apart from getting wc players.

We have to put our trust in Leo and Paolo.
My worry is that friendship issue between them to make that tough decision.

#176 ·
Why are we still discussing the penalty decision?
Not as if we deserve to win.
Reality has sink in for all of us, we are not good enough.

We could self destruct and fall further [emoji30]

#179 ·
Good that you finally see some light. He is worth the price tag.
I even dare to say it’s a steal if we exercise that option.

We need quick players on the wing and upfront for him to break the play and distribute on the counter.
We have none at the moment.

The derby showed that and Spaletti pound on that weakness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.