Serie A 2019, Week 28. Sunday 17/3. DERBY: Milan-Inter, 20:30 CET at San Siro - Page 9 - Xtratime Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 10:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Politano dragged his leg, and was already falling before any contact. In a just world he would have been booked for simulation.
In what world do you live to wite this fantasy! It was a textbook foul!!

And let's be frank, Inert wanted to win more than us, they were organized, and they knew all weaknesses and exploited then. We, on the other hand, played like headless chicken, even with the 2 goals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 11:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I hope we get to UCL but even if we do , I willl never extend Rino. He is a limited coach with a very low ceiling. We will need a solid coach very soon.

post #163 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 12:33
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
In what world do you live to wite this fantasy! It was a textbook foul!!
You must be kidding me! The defender did nothing wrong whereas the Inter player looked for the contact.

Quote:
And let's be frank
He already is!

post #164 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 14:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
You must be kidding me! The defender did nothing wrong whereas the Inter player looked for the contact.
Come on tyge!
post #165 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 15:29
World Class Player

Just discussed this with 3 colleagues (neutrals) who all agreed this wasn’t a penalty.
post #166 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 16:12
Star Player

Teams: Ac Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
Just discussed this with 3 colleagues (neutrals) who all agreed this wasn’t a penalty.
I have to agree there wasn't that much contact and the Inter player really sold it.

I can't say this changed the game though because I am sick and tired of Gattuso's weakness as a manager he had a very negative game plan and which each game we win the more negative it becomes. What happened to the team that played two amazing games's against Napoli? Why is the leash so short with LP and yet so long with players like Hakan,Suso, Ricardo and Kessie? I defended Gattuso many times believing this team needed some grinta a kick up the back side.... But now we have lofty ambitions of not just being in the CL but one day winning it and I don't think Gattuso is the man for the job. “I get criticised at times for being too defensive, but you have to remember the characteristics of the players at my disposal.- This is what he said after the game but he needs to stop with the bs and take responsibility even against smaller teams we sit back and defend.
post #167 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 16:38
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChauvi View Post
I have to agree there wasn't that much contact and the Inter player really sold it.
It was one of those pens that usually are only given to Juve
post #168 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 16:53 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

50/50 call to me, no problem either way

I agree with bono and MrChauvi. Moreover, Inter has simply proven to be better than us. They beat us narrowly on both legs, but in the two games they were clearly the superior team.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #169 of 181 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 17:27
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Whatever's happened, happened. It was a miserable night, no point for me to dwell over specifics. Goodness, I would very much love to wipe those 90 mins off my mind!

I'll just hope they regroup, find where they lost their heads, starting that asshole Kessie, his slow walking to the substitution while we're down was truly annoying, let alone his appetite for fighting! More importantly, I hope those guys learn anything from last year's post Arsenal & they don't actually emulate the downturn this time around. A CL ticket is still very attainable. Hopefully the int'l break helps with the mental recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
One thing that is really wrong with the way we play is the huge space behind the DMC that is constantly exposed. Because we don't seem to have an answer for that, even when Bakayoko/Biglia are in great form, in most games we end up going extremely deep or else we can't protect the defense at all.
100% agreed. I mistakenly took that as a sign of sound zonal defense. I couldn't have been more wrong. Inviting pressure, even embracing it, opening up the defense for attempts on your own goal, however benign, is just a perfect recipe for disaster, absolutely ridiculous. Statistically, we will definitely concede off one or a few of those numerous attempts.

Maybe this explains your 'luck' theory... Not that I completely agree. But I see the link, or at least there's an explanation.

And finally, for Gattuso to keep beating the drum of how average the quality this roster has to justify his silly defensive tactics, well, he needs to do far better to shore up that hole in midfield! Vecino alone could've buried us last night in the first 30 mins!

No expectations..No disappointments
post #170 of 181 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 01:25
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Gattuso makes Spaletti looks like a genius. That’s not a complement.

There is so much work to do for this team. If we are going into the CL next season, the management need to really make an important decision apart from getting wc players.

We have to put our trust in Leo and Paolo.
My worry is that friendship issue between them to make that tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #171 of 181 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 03:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Penalty wasn't that clearcut, if contact was one second later it could easily be considered his foul, as he was turning away from our goal into our player

It happened way inside the box, clear penalty for me because we cannot deny he made contact. It was naive from Sami.

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #172 of 181 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 03:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inas_ View Post
So I read Kessié was angry at being substituted. Biglia said something to him and he went to physically attack him. He had to be restrained by RR, Abate and Borini.
Embarrassing, to say the least.

Would say he is the most bizarre case in whole squad in terms of selection - why on earth he starts every game is beyond me, he even makkes Bakayoko look world class!

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #173 of 181 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 05:21
World Class Player

Isn’t he Khalid?

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #174 of 181 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 17:03
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
It happened way inside the box, clear penalty for me because we cannot deny he made contact. It was naive from Sami.
It is not against the rules to make contact.
post #175 of 181 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 18:03
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan
The foul is "tripping," ie. the contact must cause the player to trip. If a player is already diving before contact, by either falling or dragging his leg back, how can the contact have caused the trip? The player's own dive causes the trip.

It's simulation.
Laudrup likes this.
post #176 of 181 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 00:00
World Class Player

Why are we still discussing the penalty decision?
Not as if we deserve to win.
Reality has sink in for all of us, we are not good enough.

We could self destruct and fall further

post #177 of 181 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 01:00 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post

100% agreed. I mistakenly took that as a sign of sound zonal defense. I couldn't have been more wrong. Inviting pressure, even embracing it, opening up the defense for attempts on your own goal, however benign, is just a perfect recipe for disaster, absolutely ridiculous. Statistically, we will definitely concede off one or a few of those numerous attempts.

Maybe this explains your 'luck' theory... Not that I completely agree. But I see the link, or at least there's an explanation.

And finally, for Gattuso to keep beating the drum of how average the quality this roster has to justify his silly defensive tactics, well, he needs to do far better to shore up that hole in midfield! Vecino alone could've buried us last night in the first 30 mins!
As I said before, "luck" is invariably the wrong choice of words in football, even when the ball hits the inside of the post, but it's also the first that came to my mind after our games. The point is that everything that could go for us went for us, and we were extremely deadly in the opposite box (sometimes uncannily) while Donnarumma was in fantastic form and in some cases the opposition was either very poor at finishing or just very poor in general.

Now, I don't think it's a coincidence that we've gone through two very similar good runs of results under Gattuso, almost during the exact same part of the season. He clearly has a way of motivating the team and preparing it for the second half of the season, and knows how to make the players grow in confidence. As I've also said many times, his decisions are rarely ridiculous -- he is a solid, capable manager. Of course Piatek was extremely influential in this case too. Rino also managed to keep us afloat under a ridiculous injury crisis.

I celebrate the great results like any fan, but on the back of my head (and, well, here) has been "how the hell are we winning these games" and "this won't work against better opposition unless everything aligns." It is painfully obvious that we need to improve or we just will start losing in tougher games, and even in easy ones. We just don't create enough chances and we allow the opposition way too much freedom in out own third, while simply packing everyone behind the ball. When the opposition is decent and Romagnoli is not in "Nesta mode", that translates into several chances against us.

My main beef is that we actually seemed much more convincing the previous time, a year ago. Several players have improved but the whole team hardly has. Almost none of our wins lately felt really convincing to me. It's no wonder almost in all cases the opposition managers complained about one thing or the other. It's not just about them being sore losers, which they were, but when you outplay the opposition and win clearly, opposition managers rarely cry so much.

This squad has problems, and ultimately we're more or less where we should be on the table, but I can't help but to feel the team has stagnated and many of the results really could have gone the other way. Gattuso is doing his job and deserves credit, but to my mind we really should risk it and move on at the end of the season. It's a big gamble, but I truly don't see Gattuso taking us to next level unless he is given an absolutely outrageous squad (IMO he could be good in those circumstances, which sometimes can be harder than it sounds), but that is impossible.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #178 of 181 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 20:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Isn’t he Khalid?

Bakayoko? Nah, but slowly rebuilding his form from Monaco days and thats a plus.

post #179 of 181 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 13:11
World Class Player

Good that you finally see some light. He is worth the price tag.
I even dare to say it’s a steal if we exercise that option.

We need quick players on the wing and upfront for him to break the play and distribute on the counter.
We have none at the moment.

The derby showed that and Spaletti pound on that weakness.

post #180 of 181 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 02:50
World Class Player

The main issue here is we get that 4th spot.
We will lose Bakayoko to sign him permanent for example due to the FFP rules.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in