Serie A 2019, Week 27. Saturday 09/3. Chievo Verona - Milan, 20:30 CET, at Bentegodi - Page 6 - Xtratime Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 15:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by aim View Post
- Samu Castillejo scored 3 goals in Serie A, 2 assists in Serie A plus 2 assists in Europe League with total playing time of 737 minutes, of which most has been as substitute. Only played 2 full games: Empoli and Chievo.

- Suso scored 5 goals in Serie A, 8 assistsin Serie A with total playing time of 2218 minutes, of which all has been as starter.

It takes 245 minutes for Samu to score a goal; while Suso needs 444 minutes to score a goal.

This is the first season for Samu in Serie A. Not to mention his style of play brings in the much needed dynamic, aggressiveness and speed that current Milan lacks. Castellijo deserves more playing time and starter chances.

Sources of data: https://www.transfermarkt.com/suso/p...spieler/111961

Hate to tell u that Hakan scored 1 goal this season, but football doesnt work this way, there is such a thing as big game experience and I see it more in Suso than the rest who would make a good energetic sub. Take care

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 16:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
Why are you not a fan of Calabria? He's very good this season and seems to improve as time goes on.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
I don't know, he doesn't have the offensive output that I like from a fullback and he isn't that good defensively. But I do acknowledge that he is improving and Calabria should definitely be the starter until Conti gets going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
To be fair, last night Suso had 2 key passes to Kessie, 1 to Castillejo, and also the 1st half free kick leading to a dangerous header, so certainly not his fault he didn’t get 1 or 2 assists.
Yeah, he did do some nice things yesterday. But he also missed passes, crosses and lost the ball. The guy that we're comparing him to made an actual assist yesterday and also a couple of weeks ago scored AND assisted. I think Suso is a good player, but he is useless right now and playing without confidence. There is no reason to bench Castillejo for him right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
Fantastic tone encouraging me to reply - assist a goal against Chievo and that gives you a starting place in the derby ahead of Suso, and ofcourse the goals Suso scored in 2018 dont count for you anymore when i say “Suso scores goals”, and somehow I was posting in the match forum about the game without watching it i think ur just looking for someone to wind up
Huh? Are you actually comparing Suso's output in Milan in Serie A with Castillejo's in Villareal in La Liga in 2018? I mean I shouldn't be surprised, but I kind of am. The 5 goals that Suso scored are from the 2018/2019 season..... So are also the 3 goals that Castillejo scored so far, not only 2019.

Originally Posted by bernmilan1
play with BALLS people, BALLS!

Originally Posted by barracuda
Well it's a two horse race, with both horses facing the wrong way, "entertaining" us with primarily manure all season.
post #103 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 16:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
. I think Suso is a good player, but he is useless right now and playing without confidence. There is no reason to bench Castillejo for him right now.

My point was i dont just look at goals this season, but anyway you seem to rate Samu way ahead so will let the pitch decide...

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."

post #104 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 16:40
zoo
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Yesterday Samu was probably MoM. He had a free role and was thriving in it. If he can keep it up our Cl chances look very good
post #105 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 17:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
I liked Samu yesterday. It seems to me he has also put on some weight lately. He really has a way of getting quick separation with the ball and split DMs positioning.

post #106 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 17:18
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
Yeah, he did do some nice things yesterday. But he also missed passes, crosses and lost the ball. The guy that we're comparing him to made an actual assist yesterday and also a couple of weeks ago scored AND assisted. I think Suso is a good player, but he is useless right now and playing without confidence. There is no reason to bench Castillejo for him right now.
Yes he missed passes, crosses, and lost the ball like he will always do to some extent. But the guy we’re comparing him to had less key passes and less potential assists, so the fact that Castillejo and not Suso ended up assisting a goal is a matter of coincidence. Not Suso’s fault, for instance, that Kessie missed an easy chance, or that the perfect 1st half free kick ended up with a header going straight to the keeper (should have been a goal).
post #107 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 17:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

We kind of know by now that Rino loves him some Kessie and likes a lot Hakan. Let’s see what happens - next few games are a true test.

post #108 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 18:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH View Post
Suso and Hakan are our weak spot at the moment.

I am bring back this question which many of you have shot me.
Should we relook at the formation with the other players available?!

Don’t tell me formation is just a formation! I can tell a troll from 100 miles away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rino is one step ahead of you. Yesterday it was effectively a 4-2-3-1 when Hakan came on for Paqueta. Castillejo moved to an attacking midfield role and Hakan played on the left.

Not enough evidence to firmly say it's a better choice than 4-3-3, but it has potential. The double-pivot could be two of Biglia/Bakayoko/Paqueta (possible that Paqueta is more effective as a typical "segundo volante") and the 10 could be Samu (who looked good there yesterday) or Paqueta (again, could be a more effective position for him). LW is debatable depending on how Rino would see Paqueta and Samu's best position, but chances are it would be Hakan that gets the nod.

I still think 4-3-3 will remain as his go-to formation but hopefully 4-2-3-1 is explored further.
post #109 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 19:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

For some perspective, next 5 games

The Derby
Samp (a)
Usinese
Juve (a)
Lazio

Killer schedule ...

post #110 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 20:36 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Sure we can expect to beat Chievo, but you can't turn a blind eye to the series of draws they've had against those other teams. Again, the fact they're bottom doesn't mean a great deal, or more that it is very dangerous for a team to place any emphasis on it. Inter and Roma have perhaps fallen into that trap when you look at some of their results against lower teams, and Napoli too for that matter, which is one of the things that separates them from Juve.

If we come undone in the upcoming tougher games for the remainder of the season and as a consequence fall out of the top 4, I'll hold my hands up and say you were right. But until that happens I'm not convinced. That's not to say I am completely happy with the way we're playing and I hope we improve.

By the law of averages and looking at some of our upcoming fixtures I expect we'll drop some points. The derby can go either way and Sampdoria away will not be easy. The question is if we lose both of those can the team bounce back and get back to winning as soon as possible.
Thing is, I'm not saying we won't qualify to CL. I'm saying if we don't improve results will very likely stop coming.

Of course, we are bound to lose sooner rather than later even if we improve, because that's football, but I think you know what I mean. I will be the first tor recognize if we improve regardless of results.
Rodriguez likes this.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 20:39 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Vital 3 pts. It's absolutely crucial Piatek & Donnarumma keep doing their thing, well that's exactly the reason we paid 35 mil for the latter & handed a 6 mil/year contract to the former, it's simply their job. Surely analytics won't favor such run of performances to go far ahead, but I'll take those wins while we can. Credit to Gattuso for some much needed rotation. I mean I always wondered what Castillejo could add to the side given more than injury time minutes. He's definitely very promising. Good game by Biglia after so long. Laxalt's energy is always welcome over a stale & ineffective Rodriguez. Conti, well, average at best, but we need those game logs to be able to make any kind of assessment, and honestly, that transfer looks very much likely to turn south on us. Calabria used to be that clumsy defender, sure, not anymore, though. Probably to Gattuso's credit working on his defensive attributes.

In any case, this performance has been the theme for us the past few weeks & I believe it shall remain ongoing moving forward. Big question to management at the end of the season if we make it to the CL, as expected, whether or not they would retain this average Gattuso. Mind you, the struggles in the EL this season and the previous one as well....
Good points.

I just don't agree on the fullbacks: Conti overall and Laxalt yesterday. Conti had a bad game but has generally been a good addition and will be useful for some time if he stays fit. Laxalt I generally like but I don't see him adding anything. He is energetic but he gets pushed around, loses challenges, and seems out of place quite often.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 23:55
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
For some perspective, next 5 games

The Derby
Samp (a)
Usinese
Juve (a)
Lazio

Killer schedule ...

This few rounds will show if this team and manager are not pretender.
Lets get back and discuss after the 5 rounds end.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 00:06
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
Rino is one step ahead of you. Yesterday it was effectively a 4-2-3-1 when Hakan came on for Paqueta. Castillejo moved to an attacking midfield role and Hakan played on the left.

Not enough evidence to firmly say it's a better choice than 4-3-3, but it has potential. The double-pivot could be two of Biglia/Bakayoko/Paqueta (possible that Paqueta is more effective as a typical "segundo volante") and the 10 could be Samu (who looked good there yesterday) or Paqueta (again, could be a more effective position for him). LW is debatable depending on how Rino would see Paqueta and Samu's best position, but chances are it would be Hakan that gets the nod.

I still think 4-3-3 will remain as his go-to formation but hopefully 4-2-3-1 is explored further.

It will never be another formation as long as Suso is playing. Sorry I have to disagree.
That balance between defense and attack are still missing from this Gatusso’s team.

E.g.
That transition from defense to attack never been potent. Kessie will always get the decisive passes wrong. He lacks football intelligence.

Paqueta track back too deep. He needs to be nearer the opposition box.

Slow players when on the counter attack.

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 18:15
Star Player

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Good points.

I just don't agree on the fullbacks: Conti overall and Laxalt yesterday. Conti had a bad game but has generally been a good addition and will be useful for some time if he stays fit. Laxalt I generally like but I don't see him adding anything. He is energetic but he gets pushed around, loses challenges, and seems out of place quite often.
I fully agree re Laxalt. It's just as bad or average as he performs, his energy & hustle are way better than Rodriguez's. I'm really tired of all those errors & no-shows by Rod....

Conti. I'm not so sure. I don't like to overly criticize a player, especially off of lengthy injury spells. He needs to play a lot more to try & regain his form, confidence etc etc. I'm not sure he's going to get that with Calabria ahead of him at this very moment. Tough call.

No expectations..No disappointments

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in