Serie A 2019, Week 27. Saturday 09/3. Chievo Verona - Milan, 20:30 CET, at Bentegodi - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:00
Rising Star

Teams: milan & azzurri
Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
done.

What do you want now?
haha, ive been on a hot streak lately..

im actually not sure what to do for the last sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:06
Rising Star

we seem okay to not make another sub this match, but if i was a betting man, id probably say cutrone on for pjontek
post #63 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:14
Rising Star

should have known it would be borini for suso

man, suso has been pretty poor recently.. he can still put in a few dangerous crosses, but his dribbling and link up play has been below his standards.

post #64 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:22 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
One minute -- don't **** up.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #65 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:26 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

FT 2-1

Another win. Pretty lucky again IMO. One insanely good free kick, one goal that IMO was legit but was 200% Piatek doing his thing out of sheer will and good form.

Great to see Biglia back like this. Great to see Piatek and Donnarumma keep their great decisive form in both boxes. And above all great to win. Not much else positive.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #66 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:26
Oni
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
Vital victory. Hard work all the way, but really good for the morale. Impressive comeback by Biglia
post #67 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:26
Star Player

Biglia was huge today. Samu also had another great game. His pressing alone caused a ton of problems.
post #68 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Roma, Napoli, Lazio and Inter have all drawn against Chievo this season. Big three points.

Biglia MOM.
post #69 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:28
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Three points that will mean a lot come May
post #70 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:28
Oni
Premier Player

don't think it was a lucky win. The players worked their ass off and we had enough chances to warrant a win.
post #71 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:28 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
Samu also had another great game.
This too. He needs to be a starter. Very happy to see him show his worth.

Nathaniel Rich
post #72 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
FT 2-1

Another win. Pretty lucky again IMO. One insanely good free kick, one goal that IMO was legit but was 200% Piatek doing his thing out of sheer will and good form.

Great to see Biglia back like this. Great to see Piatek and Donnarumma keep their great decisive form in both boxes. And great to win. Not much else positive.

I don't think "luck" is the word for it. We were deserved winners even if this was a hard fought win.

Second half performance was definitely better and a big part of that was Castillejo's free role. The subs also helped.
post #73 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:32 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
don't think it was a lucky win. The players worked their ass off and we had enough chances to warrant a win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
I don't think "luck" is the word for it. We were deserved winners even if this was a hard fought win.

Second half performance was definitely better and a big part of that was Castillejo's free role. The subs also helped.

Fair enough: "lucky" is always a poor choice of words. I struggle to find much better ones though. Unconvincing win.

We keep barely beating poor teams, in games that could easily have gone the other way, which is good enough for now. We did score a pretty damn lucky goal though, and our GK again made a crucial save at 1-1. This is after allowing Chievo to score their first goal in more than month.

We need to improve a lot for next week.

Everybody works their asses off. Chievo literally run more than any other team in the league. Doesn't mean they don't suck.

Nathaniel Rich
post #74 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:43
Forum Manager
Legend

I disagree van. To a lesser extent I have reservations about Milan but I don't think the picture is near as bad as you're painting it. Certainly not in respect to our aim for CL qualification and what our main two rivals are doing.
post #75 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 23:44 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

What do you disagree with though? Did you think this was a convincing win? Or you don't think we need to improve a lot to get a result against Inter?

I just think we have not progressed at all as a team since the last big run under Gattuso. We're just better in the GK and striker departments now. Everybody seems to have forgotten that amazing run of results, which as i said before, involved a few tougher games than this one. It might hopefully be enough to get us into CL this time, but last season it would have been enough too had it not been for the handicap left by Montella.

Nathaniel Rich
post #76 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 01:49
World Class Player

Teams: AC MILAN
Biglia will have his say to start the next match after today performance.
This might shake the starting formation with the mids shuffle.
But I doubt Gatusso will do it though although some of us would like Biglia Bakayoko in the middle of the park.

I really get tired of dribble, cut in to the left and shoot/cross. Week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth" - Muhammad Ali
post #77 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 05:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan & Chelsea & Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
For the derby I'd like to see:

Donnarumma
Calabria --- Musacchio --- Romagnoli --- Rodriguez
Bakayoko --- Biglia --- Paqueta
Castillejo --- Piatek --- Calhanoglu

No Suso? He can win u freekicks like no one elsd.

Totally agree on dropping Kessie , am yet to understand what he does exactly.

Bill Shankly: "If you're in the penalty area and you're not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we can discuss the options afterwards."
post #78 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 06:33 Thread Starter
van
Community Manager
Legend

What a goal this was. He's also visibly moved. I am very happy for him, and he definitely has staked a strong claim for a starting spot.

Nathaniel Rich
post #79 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 07:34
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
Chievo complaining that the wall wad too far for Biglia's FK
post #80 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 08:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
What do you disagree with though? Did you think this was a convincing win? Or you don't think we need to improve a lot to get a result against Inter?

I just think we have not progressed at all as a team since the last big run under Gattuso. We're just better in the GK and striker departments now. Everybody seems to have forgotten that amazing run of results, which as i said before, involved a few tougher games than this one. It might hopefully be enough to get us into CL this time, but last season it would have been enough too had it not been for the handicap left by Montella.

You say we keep barely beating poor teams. Such as who? Yes we had a bad spell in December, but we can put that aside as this is clearly a different Milan to the one that couldn't even manage to barely beat poor teams.

We beat Genoa 2-0 (away), Cagliari and Empoli both 3-0 (home) then we had the lucky win against Sassuolo. Last night was a deserved win too against a team that have drawn against Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Inter. Was it a convincing win? Not the most convincing, but then again it was definitely not lucky and we definitely deserved to win. Chievo deserved nothing from it. The fact that they're bottom of the league means absolutely nothing to me. You even mentioned how much they run, they're clearly up for a fight and again their results against our rivals shows it.

Whether we need to improve a lot to get a result against Inter - with all due respect van I think this question is meaningless. First it's a derby so form doesn't matter so much. That aside, who knows how well we need to play to beat them? This is a team that has been throwing away points against teams we're beating.

Plus in terms of improvement (or stepping up against the bigger sides) amidst those wins against weaker opponents, we stepped up and beat Atalanta away which is one of the tougher fixtures. We drew away to Roma in a game where we were denied a stonewall PK when leading 1-0 and drew against Napoli (a team that are better than us but we held our own and also beat them in the Coppa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHALID View Post
No Suso? He can win u freekicks like no one elsd.

Totally agree on dropping Kessie , am yet to understand what he does exactly.

True he is pretty good at winning FKs (side note, Borini is very good at this too) but Samu proved again how effective he is. Hakan also played well last night and has recently looks to have turned a corner.

This doesn't leave any place for Suso. To his credit though I think he played with humility in the second half and worked really hard running the channels and linked well with Samu. Rino can take the credit for this. Our players are willing to sweat blood for him and you can see a strong sense of character seems to run within the team.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in